Disney Magic Kingdoms

Sadly, I’m sure they’ve run the number and have analytics, right or wrong, that show what they’re doing “the right thing” (for them). They will gladly throw away long time loyal players if they think the they will pull in more new players. I understand the rigid, but think it’s really short sighted.
Right. The longtime players are the ones who have wised up enough to not buy stuff. It's the newer ones who are locked in to near impossible tasks to catch up, especially during these events, that are most likely to shell out the cash.

Thoughts on Chapter 3 of this tower event
1. 50000 is a lot for the concession stand price, basically you have to play nonstop, it's possible without gemming and waking up in the middle of the night, but you really need to be on top of your game during the day and check in every 2 hours
2. The Milan warrior costume works just like Grumpy, ok it's not bad as Grumpy, but still it'll take an average of 6 Ruby chests (on top of the free one) to get enough fabric to obtain the costume
3. And now the comfy costume, Gameloft is really testing the players with this one... Not only do you need to welcome Crickee first in order for him to work on the fabric, it's only task on fabric has token conflict with Crickees own tokens... And they are more likely to drop than the fabric token even though that one is rare and is more common than the other two... so to maximize the comfy drop rate, one does need to use EC to buy all the Crickee tokens for level 2 first, and then youll have a chance at the costume

My DH also hates this game. So I really try to avoid playing around him and that’s not to hide it from him, but more so to respect our time together. Instead I make quick plays during bathroom breaks. I might be more behind than others, but we’re both happy.
Yeah I might need to take that bathroom break approach. Thanks for that lol. I’m glad I’m not the only one with a spouse who doesn’t like it

So I just did the math. I’m short 4 Crikee eat hats. So that would take me roughly 19 collections, assuming the minimum coin payback. That’s 38 hours of two hour turnaround play, and there is 45 hours left. So I literally have to be on the dot with my collections and I can get 7 hours of sleep over two nights... wow

2. The Milan warrior costume works just like Grumpy, ok it's not bad as Grumpy, but still it'll take an average of 6 Ruby chests (on top of the free one) to get enough fabric to obtain the costume

I try to tell myself that if this game survives long enough, I will earn all those tokens eventually. Every year they bring back Mulan, so eventually enough free ruby chests will be given to complete the amount. Grumpy will take an insane amount longer though. The amount of free chests given will take years.

So I just did the math. I’m short 4 Crikee eat hats. So that would take me roughly 19 collections, assuming the minimum coin payback. That’s 38 hours of two hour turnaround play, and there is 45 hours left. So I literally have to be on the dot with my collections and I can get 7 hours of sleep over two nights... wow

I don’t even have enough yet for all the cricket cages. I have only myself to blame. Rather than spend my life on this frivolous game, my family went to the actual parks (WDW) in the freezing cold and rain, and I was even too exhausted in the hotel room to do more than just collect the daily award.

So my plan now is to not even bother with the remaining 3 cricket cages. I am just going to collect enough currency to 1) hopefully win enough gems in the point ranks, and 2) have enough event current that gets converted into gems for the next event. I try to buy at least one premium character. They used to be 150-170 for the first one, then 200 for the second, but with 200 and 300, it’s pretty difficult. Lately, I can only get the first towards the end of the game. I should have at least 100 gems by the start of the next event though.

So my plan now is to not even bother with the remaining 3 cricket cages. I am just going to collect enough currency to 1) hopefully win enough gems in the point ranks, and 2) have enough event current that gets converted into gems for the next event. I try to buy at least one premium character. They used to be 150-170 for the first one, then 200 for the second, but with 200 and 300, it’s pretty difficult. Lately, I can only get the first towards the end of the game. I should have at least 100 gems by the start of the next event though.
Hate to be the one to do this to ya, but if memory serves correctly, isn't this the event where currency doesn't convert over to gems? I think at one time we all got like one gem or something for our troubles. So I would spend as much as you can because I believe it all just goes away afterwards.

Hate to be the one to do this to ya, but if memory serves correctly, isn't this the event where currency doesn't convert over to gems? I think at one time we all got like one gem or something for our troubles. So I would spend as much as you can because I believe it all just goes away afterwards.

Well if my memory serves me right, they do have a gem “conversion”. Problem is, like you said, I believe it’s only 1 gem for everyone. Guess that’s better than nothing, but think I prefer 0. 1 just feels condescending to me. :rotfl:

I try to tell myself that if this game survives long enough, I will earn all those tokens eventually. Every year they bring back Mulan, so eventually enough free ruby chests will be given to complete the amount. Grumpy will take an insane amount longer though. The amount of free chests given will take years.

Wasn’t Grumpy supposed to be some crazy special character with all these great powers? We all went mental trying to get him and he does squat...zip...zilch...zero...(much like the grades these interns are earning.)

Funny how these things happen right towards the end of an event, huh? Especially when there is a bundle offered. I got three fabrics pretty quickly, and once the bundle was offered, my drops have dried up all day. Still have two days left to get the final three. Sorry Gameloft, you aren't getting my money once again.

Same for me, but it only let me get 2 fabrics before the cricket started returning home empty handed. No money will be coming from me, no matter how this ends. I think it stinks that they added this onto the challenge in the first place. The best thing about them was that I was able to finish early and not worry.

Right. The longtime players are the ones who have wised up enough to not buy stuff. It's the newer ones who are locked in to near impossible tasks to catch up, especially during these events, that are most likely to shell out the cash.

Yep. Imagine how much actual money it would take to catch up if you were a new player now. I can't even fathom spending that kind of money on a game, especially this one, where it rarely matters if you have everything.

Wasn’t Grumpy supposed to be some crazy special character with all these great powers? We all went mental trying to get him and he does squat...zip...zilch...zero...(much like the grades these interns are earning.)

Yeah, he was. Hasn't really lived up to the hype, has he?

I sincerely doubt that I will magically get 25 cricket hats by the end of this event. I may as well try this.

Never knew that. I just assumed that after buying two premium dwarves, there was no way any of us would allow an incomplete set, especially since he was the best dwarf. His attitude pretty much sums up the gamers experience.

Imagine how much actual money it would take to catch up if you were a new player now. I can't even fathom spending that kind of money on a game, especially this one, where it rarely matters if you have everything.

How much is a one day ticket to a real Disney Park? How much do people really spend on this game?

I sincerely doubt that I will magically get 25 cricket hats by the end of this event. I may as well try this.

Never knew that. I just assumed that after buying two premium dwarves, there was no way any of us would allow an incomplete set, especially since he was the best dwarf. His attitude pretty much sums up the gamers experience.

How much is a one day ticket to a real Disney Park? How much do people really spend on this game?

I don’t spend any money on this game, once I bought Eeyore, my favorite character. I am happy with Mulan I won’t get Cri-kee as I still need like nine hats then the 2000. Not happening and I have been playing about 1.5 years not since beginning

A one day ticket to wdw is around $119 I think but now they have that new system where it depends when you’re going. I’ve never spent real money on this game and I never will

Up to 22/25 ear hats with 485 EC. It's gonna be a rough time trying to finish it out for cri-kee unfortunately lol
I am 3rd on my leaderboard so I'll happily take the 15 gems.

Hi guys!! Thought I'd check-in. Tower events are kinda boring to me...great for people who missed characters and attractions in the past, but doesn't really do much for me. Other than the new little cricket I have jumping around the park pretending to look for fabric (that he can't seem to find!) this event has been pretty uneventful. So, I've been spending my time leveling up characters lately.

Here is my current list:
Mayor lv 9 (got him on 12/29...he is a stubborn fella)
Vanelope lv 8
Drizella lv 9
Anastasia lv 8
Cri-kee lv1

Think I should be almost done by the time the next event begins, except for the Mayor probably. I think he might be stealing his tokens back when I'm not looking.
I still need 4 comfy fabrics for Mulan's Comfy outfit and I'm not going for the Warrior Costume. She'll have to be content with new loungewear for now...that is if Cri-kee earns his keep in the next day.

Where is everyone else at??? Anyone get the China Attraction? I have 1 platinum, but I think I'm going to save it for the event. I really don't need another Musical Fountain right now anyways...

Alrighty. With this collection I just got the Breakfast Congee Stand. One fabric away from the comfy costume but I want to wait because I can use Cri-kee in this next round, rather than use another of my dwindling cocoas. Now the press is on to reach 10,000 currency to maybe get the cricket to 2.

Alrighty. With this collection I just got the Breakfast Congee Stand. One fabric away from the comfy costume but I want to wait because I can use Cri-kee in this next round, rather than use another of my dwindling cocoas. Now the press is on to reach 10,000 currency to maybe get the cricket to 2.

The cricket is cute but I’m 0/4 on fabric attempts since last night - even though he is exclusively looking for fabric since I have all five cages and hats.

BTW - thanks for the reminder to use EC for cages/hats so he would focus on fabric gathering.
:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter