Disney Magic Kingdoms

Seriously, they are only giving us 1 week between a 2+ week Tower challange and a 25+ day P&tF event? Don’t know about others, but I need a minimum of a few weeks to take a much needed breather between events so I can get excited about the next event. I know I do my fair share of complaining but I do like many aspects of the game. That said, like some others on the board, I think I really need to re-evaluate if I want to continue playing. Between the shorter break between events and obvious increase in difficulty and time required for the last tower challange, they’re sucking the fun out of things.
Where are your characters at right now? Since I'm almost done with WIR and Cinderella, I think I'll be ready for the new stuff. That was how it worked with LM too. Right when I finished leveling up everyone, the next event began. The time frame doesn't bother me very much, but then again, it's pretty easy to play between classes. Although frustrating at times, I still really like this silly game. It makes still makes me smile, so I haven't even considered stopping. Although, more attractions in my storage area makes me frown!!

From Reddit,

Princess and the Frog

Download on 2/12, starts 2/14

Tiana's Mom(likely starter), Tiana, Naveen, Charlotte (likely Premium), Louis, Dr. Facilier, Mama Odie
Premium Building is Tiana's Palace (the restaurant) but apparently they said it would cost 200 gems which is an increase of 50 gems! from all previous events

Ray is not a character, so people are already predicting him as a future Tower Challenge candidate. Or he stays dead, because only Villains have been included as characters who should be dead

Helper - The Little Mermaid

Wow... not much happening with this one. No decor, concession, float, other attractions?

On a side note....never saw Princess and the Frog. Guess I'll be spending some quality time in front of the TV this cold weekend. Time to bust out the kettle corn or maybe I should try to make gumbo to get in the spirit. Always wanted to try beignets. Can you tell it's lunchtime?

I'm sorry, WHAT?!! Tiana's MOM and not LOUIS?!!!!! WHAT!?! Nothing against the nice lady, but Louis is a main character, front and center! And he's adorable and hilarious. I was looking forward to him!!!! No fair! (Plus side, I can't wait to see Charlotte go man-crazy over all the princes, like the Tremaines did!)

Louis is a character we can get, but not Ray. Did you mean Ray, the firefly?

I wish there was a way to turn off the event (kind of like how Disney Emoji Blitz lets you turn an event off. Since I won’t be able to get Cri-kee, I’d like to focus on leveling up Mulan along with my other characters, but Mickey keeps coming back with hot cocoas that I don’t want or need.

I try to stay positive and laugh off the intern insanity, but seriously...NO LAND AGAIN!!! When was the last time we actually got a plot of land? It really doesn't make any sense to me when so many players complain so much about land. There must be some big picture that I just don't get since I'm not a skilled programmer in the world of Gameloft. Oh well, guess I'll store yet another group of attractions again.
From the layout of my park, I would say the last time we got land was during the Little Mermaid event.

To spend the gems to speed up and get Cri-kee or not ugh with the next event next week. I don’t have any other toons from that group but Mulan.

Where are your characters at right now? Since I'm almost done with WIR and Cinderella, I think I'll be ready for the new stuff. That was how it worked with LM too. Right when I finished leveling up everyone, the next event began. The time frame doesn't bother me very much, but then again, it's pretty easy to play between classes. Although frustrating at times, I still really like this silly game. It makes still makes me smile, so I haven't even considered stopping. Although, more attractions in my storage area makes me frown!!

Vanellope: 9 (80/100, 13/30, 20,30)
The Mayor - 9 (33/50, 44/50)
Anastasia - 8
Drizella - leveling to 9
Lady Tremaine - ready to MAX
Cri-Kee - 1

I think I’ve played more this tower challenge than any of the others and This will be the first one I don’t get the character to level 2 and I’m not even close. Also, have 4/6 Cri-Kee tokens for Mulans Costume, so not sure if I’ll get it? Honestly don’t care about any costumes, think they are essentially worthless, but I will be annoyed if I fall short.

If this was my primary game, much of this stuff would bug me less, but this is my 3rd most played game. I just need, ideally a month, without events where I can level up characters and only open it 3 or 4 times a day.

Just don’t like where they are going with the game lately with lack of lands, “fixes” to make it easier to store attractions because they know they screwed things up, ramping up difficulty and time required to finish events and less time between events not more. Like others I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m spending way to much time participating in these events and I feel like I need to do something about it. Wether it’s just play less and not get everything or just quite entirely. Not liking either option at the monument.

Wow... not much happening with this one. No decor, concession, float, other attractions?

I'm sure all those exist. But I didn't watch the live stream, I only scanned a few Reddit posts. So my list is what I gleaned from that. I'm sure there is a 2nd premium character too, but the Reddit people weren't sure who it was, at the time I looked.

Just don’t like where they are going with the game lately with lack of lands, “fixes” to make it easier to store attractions because they know they screwed things up, ramping up difficulty and time required to finish events and less time between events not more. Like others I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m spending way to much time participating in these events and I feel like I need to do something about it. Wether it’s just play less and not get everything or just quite entirely. Not liking either option at the monument.

Getting a kick out of your "auto correct". Monument, lol. I think I might be done after Princess and the Frog. I really like that movie, my current purse is a Tiana Dooney & Burke. But then part of me is like, "if you are planning on quitting, why not just do it now and not a month from now after another tedious event?" So I may not even finish PatF. I am close to having my Cinderella, Mayor and WIR characters done, so I kinda want to finish with them...But I don't know.

It's not helping that I only have 3 fabrics in my IOS game, and 2 fabrics in my Windows game (after the Windows game said the costume wasn't even available when I collected Crik-ee this morning. I rebooted and it showed up again, but I lost that collection opportunity.) Like you said, the game is just too hard now, and they apparently take player feedback and do the exact opposite and the feeling that "I should support, stuff like that," is getting too strong.

Getting a kick out of your "auto correct". Monument, lol. I think I might be done after Princess and the Frog. I really like that movie, my current purse is a Tiana Dooney & Burke. But then part of me is like, "if you are planning on quitting, why not just do it now and not a month from now after another tedious event?" So I may not even finish PatF. I am close to having my Cinderella, Mayor and WIR characters done, so I kinda want to finish with them...But I don't know.

It's not helping that I only have 3 fabrics in my IOS game, and 2 fabrics in my Windows game (after the Windows game said the costume wasn't even available when I collected Crik-ee this morning. I rebooted and it showed up again, but I lost that collection opportunity.) Like you said, the game is just too hard now, and they apparently take player feedback and do the exact opposite and the feeling that "I should support, stuff like that," is getting too strong.

Yeah, I think I’ll leave it that way and not fix it. :rotfl:

It’s funny, I know I’m playing more than I really want to, or should and quitting might be the best option. Problem is, if I just quit, it feels like I’ve “wasted” much more time playing this game, than if I continue “wasting time” playing the game. :rotfl:And that’s where the problem lies, these games are addictive and they know it.

Last edited:
My iOS progress(won't share Windows until I'm closer to JB/PP):

Mulan:

Mulan lvl 2(just leveled her)YAY!She's finally in my game!

Mickey and Friends:

Pluto level 1
Mickey level 10
Minnie level 10
Goofy level 10
Daisy level 10
Donald level 5
Pete level 10
Chip level7
Dale level 8

Toy Story:

Zurg level 10
Jessie level 10
Woody level 10
Buzz level 10
Bo Peep level 9
Hamm level 10
Sarge level 8
Rex level 10
Bullseye level 5
Alien level 2

Cinderella:

Cinderella level 9
Prince Charming level 10
Fairy Godmother level 8
Drizella level 2(working on Anastasia)

Peter Pan:

Tinker Bell level 10(working on Wendy)

Pirates of the Caribbean:

Elizabeth level 7
Will level 7(working on Barbossa)

Monsters Inc.

Mike level 9
Sulley level 8
Roz level 9
Celia level 9
Randall level 9

WALL-E:

EVE level 8,ready to level up(not yet!)

Tangled:

Gothel level 4(haven't made much of an effort)
Flynn level 8,ready to level
Rapunzel level 7

Sleeping Beauty:

Aurora level 9
Philip level 10
Flora level 10
Fauna level 8

Zootopia:

Judy level 8,ready to level
Nick level 8
Bogo level 3

Bambi:

Thumper level 5
Bambi level 2

Jungle Book:

Bagheera level 4,ready to level
Mowgli level 6
Baloo level 4

Only about 10k away from welcoming Shere Khan!

The Incredibles:

Elastigirl level 6

Nightmare before Christmas:

Jack level 7,ready to level
Sally level 2

Frozen:

Anna level 5
Kristoff level 3

Beauty and the Beast:

Belle level 4
Beast level 7
Cogsworth level 2

The Lion King:

Pumbaa level 8,ready to level

Aladdin:

Aladdin level 8
Jasmine level 8
Abu level 8
Genie level 8

Alice in Wonderland:

Alice level 6
Mad Hatter level 8
March Hare level 8,ready to level
Caterpillar level 7

Snow White:

Bashful level 7,ready to level
Doc level 8,ready to level
Sneezy level 8,ready to level
Snow White level 6
Sleepy level 7,ready to level

Winnie the Pooh:

Kanga level 9
Roo level 7
Piglet level 5
Rabbit level 8

Lilo and Stitch:

Nani level 8
Lilo level 6
Angel level 5
Cobra level 8

Big Hero 6:

Hiro level 5
Honey Lemon level 5
Wasabi level 2,ready to level

(I only ended up with three characters from this event!I wish I could have gotten Baymax..)

The Little Mermaid:

Sebastian level 6
Scuttle level 6
King Triton level 4
Ursula level 5

(Not getting Ariel was disappointing...any bets Tiana will end up the same way?)

Wreck it Ralph:

Ralph level 4
Spamley level 3
Yesss level 2

On a really good note:I finally got FANTASMIC!!

Well, I’m up to 600/2000 EC to get cri-kee and I just used my last cocoa to send out another round. I work all night so I will be up to check, but with no cocoa I may not end up getting 1400 more EC

Well, I’m up to 600/2000 EC to get cri-kee and I just used my last cocoa to send out another round. I work all night so I will be up to check, but with no cocoa I may not end up getting 1400 more EC

I’m right there with you. Somehow I fell behind this time around. I’m at 926 EC, but unlike you, I will be sleeping for the next few hours. I’ll see where I’m at mid-morning tomorrow and may have to use gems to speed up a couple of collections so I have the hour to welcome him. Good Luck!

Anastasia - 8
Drizella - leveling to 9
Cri-Kee - 1

I think I’ve played more this tower challenge than any of the others and This will be the first one I don’t get the character to level 2 and I’m not even close. Also, have 4/6 Cri-Kee tokens for Mulans Costume, so not sure if I’ll get it? Honestly don’t care about any costumes, think they are essentially worthless, but I will be annoyed if I fall short.

If this was my primary game, much of this stuff would bug me less, but this is my 3rd most played game. I just need, ideally a month, without events where I can level up characters and only open it 3 or 4 times a day.

Not to be nosy and I apologize for going off topic...but do you mind sharing the names of the other two games you enjoy playing?
Because I really need more screen time obviously....

:offtopic:

Anastasia - 8
Drizella - leveling to 9
Cri-Kee - 1

We are pretty much in the same place game wise. I just got another comfy fabric from my new cricket friend. 1 more to go. I hear you on the rest though. I play 3 phone games too, but this is probably my #1. I tried the marvel one you wrote about, but I couldn't get anywhere...so disney emoji blitz for me I guess.
How are you doing? Stitch free (not the blue guy...)? Able to eat everything in sight (all ice cream I mean)? Running marathons? All good?

Confession time...right after the last time I whined about my zero drops, Cri-Kee dropped fabric three consecutive times. Really odd timing.

Then, I was so disgusted with the whole “will he/won’t he”...
I...(deep breath)...used gems (albeit free ones that I received from level-ups, watching videos, etc. for the last couple of years) and blew him through enough rounds to collect three more fabrics to get Mulan’s comfty outfit. So...hooray.

Except, it didn’t feel like a “win”. Even though I didn’t pay anything...it just felt not good. So, for me, I really want to “win” through “reasonable” dedicated game play.

Hey...Gameloft Interns...listen up, will ya?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter