Disney Magic Kingdoms

Oh how this game mocks me. Guess I’ll have to wait ‘til this evening to buy Flower since I’m currently sitting on 449 gems.:rotfl2:

Also just noticed they changed Mrs. Incredible’s name to Elastigirl...

Thinking there will me a mini-event released with the movie centered around Jack-Jack. Someone earlier mentioned a legendary chest drop, I’m guessing an exorbitant amount of gems.

There's also an Elastigirl costume in the costume shop now. Says "coming soon" or something of that nature.

I decided to pay the gems for Flower. I may regret it later, but Flower is a fave of mine and has been since I was a little kid.

Also I hope it shows up as interest in the main storyline and not in timed events. I think the only character I’m missing now is Wall-E. And I do hope to get him some day.

Another Live Stream? Didn't we just have one?

I'm going to wait for the live stream before I decide what to do about Flower.

Just noticed there is a bundle available that allows you to purchase Flower and 100 gems. The price says 50% for the low cost of $9.99 USD. So you can spend the 450 gems or pay money for Flower.
So if these imbecile interns are being truthful, then after five days the price for Flower jumps to twenty bucks??

I'm going to wait for the live stream before I decide what to do about Flower.

Me too. I have over 500 gems in my IOS game. I could either buy Flower, when he's useful. Or I'm considering just buying the last 2 parade slots, and hopefully earn gems faster. Or just save them for the next event. But I'm going to wait until Friday.

Is it just me, or are these damn interns just getting lazy now. There was a time when they actually developed content to keep the game moving along and somewhat slightly passable as "interesting". Now they simply pick a movie with three characters as permanent content, then then inflate the requirements for tokens and magic for land as a means for keeping playing occupied, rather than doing so by giving us additional decent content. Clearing a curse used to be 500,000 on the high end. So now it's clearing curses and welcoming characters as a quick way to burn through magic, and clearing land for two days as a way to kill time. Friggin' ignoramuses.

Is it just me, or are these damn interns just getting lazy now. There was a time when they actually developed content to keep the game moving along and somewhat slightly passable as "interesting". Now they simply pick a movie with three characters as permanent content, then then inflate the requirements for tokens and magic for land as a means for keeping playing occupied, rather than doing so by giving us additional decent content. Clearing a curse used to be 500,000 on the high end. So now it's clearing curses and welcoming characters as a quick way to burn through magic, and clearing land for two days as a way to kill time. Friggin' ignoramuses.

It's not just you. I have no issue parting with 2M magic since I have so much but I would rather do it in a more interesting way.

Anyone else thinking this might actually be the end for DMK? I feel like, if they are indeed wrapping up the Maleficent story line, that could easily just be the "end" of the game. I know there's more land and a whole other section to unlock, but it wouldn't be the first time a game closes up shop before the full board is available. Disney Enchanted Tales shut down with characters in the middle of stories and I think only a third of the board available, and that was only a year ago.

This could just be them introducing a new piece of game play - the Patch Notes say Maleficent might be responsible for some "missing dreams," so it might be some kind of nega-version of the wishes system - but I wouldn't be surprised if at the end they say "and once you beat her, congratulations you beat the game! It's done now!"

I would be VERY surprised though if the game decides to go the "Once Upon a Time" route and dispel the curse, only to find a different witch has placed the same curse on the same areas for only slightly different reasons. Yes I'd be super excited for a water world where Little Mermaid, Nemo, and PotC could really make sense, but at this point I'm kinda thinking we're never going to see what's really beyond that gate.

Anyone else thinking this might actually be the end for DMK? I feel like, if they are indeed wrapping up the Maleficent story line, that could easily just be the "end" of the game. I know there's more land and a whole other section to unlock, but it wouldn't be the first time a game closes up shop before the full board is available. Disney Enchanted Tales shut down with characters in the middle of stories and I think only a third of the board available, and that was only a year ago.

This could just be them introducing a new piece of game play - the Patch Notes say Maleficent might be responsible for some "missing dreams," so it might be some kind of nega-version of the wishes system - but I wouldn't be surprised if at the end they say "and once you beat her, congratulations you beat the game! It's done now!"

I would be VERY surprised though if the game decides to go the "Once Upon a Time" route and dispel the curse, only to find a different witch has placed the same curse on the same areas for only slightly different reasons. Yes I'd be super excited for a water world where Little Mermaid, Nemo, and PotC could really make sense, but at this point I'm kinda thinking we're never going to see what's really beyond that gate.
From the very beginning, I was convinced that we weren't going to see Frontierland. So no, this wouldn't surprise me at all. Although it wouldn't make sense to introduce Bambi as permsnent conteny and then to also abruptly end the game soon too.

OK, I know this is a very small compaint, but why's the Bambi characters tab located in the middle of the long scrolling lists of characters? Shouldn’t they be located on the top, where they’re easier to find?

Also decided to wait on welcoming Flower, who I’ll have enough gems to buy later tonight, until I find out what the livestream is going to be about next week.

I have a feeling that the next event is going to be for Incredibles 2. We already have Jack-Jack shown with a coming soon tab, they’ve changed Mrs. Incredibles name to Elastagirl and a new costume for her coming soon. Well actually the same costume, with a new logo and maybe change the costumes colors some. So if they’re getting a new event, what else will they be adding?

My wild prediction, during the livestream, they will mention that they have heard our complaints about the large footprint of some of the buildings and to show that they are listening, they are going to re-release all of the Incredible buildings for an event BUT with a drastically reduced footprint. So we can spend a month trying to get buildings that will replace the buildings that many of us already have! And as a bonus, we can spend gems on an Omnidroid City that’s half the size of the originals. :thumbsup2 OK, I know my prediction is unlikely, but I still give it a 10% chance of happening.:rotfl:

From the very beginning, I was convinced that we weren't going to see Frontierland. So no, this wouldn't surprise me at all. Although it wouldn't make sense to introduce Bambi as permsnent conteny and then to also abruptly end the game soon too.

I’d say they’re doing that to distract us, like “oh sad the game we enjoy is ending, but at least we still have characters to work on!” Of course they are doing new things throughout this next month, with the new Incredibles content and whatever Maleficent is doing (just saw on Twitter she’s building a tower, so I bet it’s a time limited event where she takes over the hot air balloon spot until her defeat), but I’m guessing that’s it beyond that. They won’t have to release another update, with everything built into this one, and it will keep us busy for another month. I’m not sure theyd flat out shut it down, just stop updating it.

I feel the same way. Disney tends to shut their games down early, before people are finished playing them and before all the lands ever open up. Having said that, I think they are raking in $$$ with this one and will keep it going until it's no longer profitable.

OK, I know this is a very small compaint, but why's the Bambi characters tab located in the middle of the long scrolling lists of characters? Shouldn’t they be located on the top, where they’re easier to find?

The placement of the characters tab is appropriate for how far in the game you need to progress to unlock it. Only limited time events get put at the top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter