Disney Magic Kingdoms

Has anyone else noticed with the update that if you skip putting a character on a task and instead put someone else on a task, it goes back to the character you skipped again? It used to do this and then they updated it to keep you were you were in your character cycle. Hoping this was an error and not how it was intended to work, I like the other way better.

Ugh, I just noticed this myself. This is incredibly annoying.

My best guess is they will time the release to match Olaf's Frozen Adventure, which comes out November 22 along with Coco. The costumes look like they match the ones in the teaser trailer.

url
That is exactly what the costumes look like! Good job investigating!!

Upset that I joined around Christmas last year, towards the end of the Frozen event, so I don't have any of the NBC characters and they seem to drop the most for Alice in Wonderland! Plus I don't have the Halloween Mickey costume and have never been given the opportunity to purchase or acquire it.
Mickey's and Goofy's Halloween costumes are possible rewards you can get from the Nightmare Before Christmas legendary chests, along with the NBC characters and buildings. Of course you can also get mostly useless decorations.
I bit the bullet and paid for the 6 platinum chest. I rarely spend real money on the game. I was just hoping that they would offer the NBC event again this Halloween for the ones who didn't get it to partake. I did get Sally along with a couple attractions, the headless horseman statue(a waste) and the Halloween costumes for Mickey and Goofy. Not a total waste. I just struggle with spending real money on the game.

So after this update my game is going through another glitch of getting unneeded tokens for my maxed out characters. Even after completely shutting down the game and starting it back up. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes. And it's super annoying. I just got a basket for Mowgli. Only he doesn't need them (and never will again). Even after I forced it to restart.

I think I will be rearranging my kingdom again so then I can get the Alice attractions over by where it belongs...this is definitely going to take a long time :upsidedow

I did that a few days ago. Took a while, but now I hope the Alice stuff will all fit where it belongs.

I had posted that I read the patch notes, and I thought they were making things harder. I reread the patch notes again and discovered I am mistaken.

I am still, however, confused about why certain tasks have INCREASED times that seem a bit ridiculous! I guess everyone fell down the rabbit hole!

Last edited:
I caved and spend 60 gems on a legendary chest but I did get Jack so I think it was worth it to be able to get more tokens. I only started playing during the Aladdin event so I don't have as many characters. Still have 200 gems left over though so hopefully I'll be able to get the premium characters.

After having a bit of fatigue from the last two events being pretty close together, I think I’m ready for this one. The Jungle Book has been a bit of a slog for me, I’ve had the WORST drop rates.
I’ve been trying to get Shere Kahn for almost two weeks now and I’m still not close. It’ll be nice to work on characters with a friendlier drop rate.

Upset that I joined around Christmas last year, towards the end of the Frozen event, so I don't have any of the NBC characters and they seem to drop the most for Alice in Wonderland! Plus I don't have the Halloween Mickey costume and have never been given the opportunity to purchase or acquire it.
Clever interns' way of getting people to spend all of their gems on chests, not get characters, and then have to purchase the bundles outright.

Where did you message them to? I tried through facebook but they didn't have a message option so I just commented on one post. I don't know if I should do it through the game but from my experience with aladdin event (there just were a few hours but still they never got back to me) I don't think that would be helpful.
I used the Customer Care option in the game. I did send a picture of my purchase history but haven't heard anything back nor have I got the concession stand.

Nice to see in the update that Shere Khan's price has been drastically reduced from 1.1M to 820K. Should now have enough potions by Friday now instead of next week.
That makes me so happy to hear that! I have stopped playing the main storyline for a few days to try to save up on magic. I am at 2M again so after the event, I might be able to play the regular game with more ease!

They also dropped the cost to level up the JB characters as well! Anyone know if they dropped the price of the 3rd spot over in Frontierland? I haven't bought that spot yet either

Nice to see in the update that Shere Khan's price has been drastically reduced from 1.1M to 820K. Should now have enough potions by Friday now instead of next week.

That makes me so happy to hear that! I have stopped playing the main storyline for a few days to try to save up on magic. I am at 2M again so after the event, I might be able to play the regular game with more ease!

They also dropped the cost to level up the JB characters as well! Anyone know if they dropped the price of the 3rd spot over in Frontierland? I haven't bought that spot yet either

I'm glad to hear this, but also a bit concerned, because maybe now Alice will be ultra expensive? I hope not!

So...I’m just now checking in after the app update. I still have 14 days and a wake up for the Army school I’m currently in *read, limited phone access*. Does any one know what triggers the new AIW characters? And what’s with the tombstones that look more like mailboxes sticking out of the grass around Main Street? Silly interns! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear this, but also a bit concerned, because maybe now Alice will be ultra expensive? I hope not!
Because it is an event, I doubt it. They can't make things too expensive unless they make the event longer. It will probably be as expensive as Aladdin but hopefully with less glitches lol

So...I’m just now checking in after the app update. I still have 14 days and a wake up for the Army school I’m currently in *read, limited phone access*. Does any one know what triggers the new AIW characters?
I believe the event will start tomorrow at 11 am eastern time so that is when you can start getting AIW characters and such.

Downloaded the update and am ready to go for tomorrow's event kickoff! I still have a few items for other characters that I haven't managed to finish collecting yet, but not many. My biggest frustration is that after weeks of working on Donald's halloween costume, I am still ONE orange fabric short. My drop rate has tanked in the last couple of weeks for the fabric. Fingers crossed I get that final fabric in the morning!

Did anyone else catch the screenshot in the patch notes on Facebook for this update that shows White Rabbit costing 200 gems?! That's 20 gems (11%) more than the first premium character in the last two events if I recall correctly. I hope that doesn't mean Cheshire Cat will be higher in cost than the second premium character for the last two events too. This is only my third event, and I'm starting with more gems than I've ever had going into an event (339 gems), so hopefully I'll be able to get enough gems collected for both premium characters and maybe the parade float (I've always just barely gotten the two premium characters, so never managed to spend gems on any other event items). Can't wait to start collecting new characters tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter