Disney Magic Kingdoms

So... I just watched the livestream. Please don't take this as being mean, but has anyone noticed that something goes wrong almost every livestream? They lose their connection and it gets broken into 2 parts, they have trouble with the images they want to show, and who knows what happened this time around as they kept hinting at some type of technical issue they were having. I kinda get why my game crashes all the time now. I also missed the other hosts. I felt like the hosts didn't really know what to say. The whole 'what kind of ice cream do you think is on the attraction or what is your favorite ice cream?' just seemed weird to me. I also felt that they really dodged the topics that players would like to hear about. There was no mention of what was premium gem items/characters or event time frame either. Maybe I'm being too critical, but if you haven't watched it, you should. I'd be curious to see what other people thought. I watched it on their Facebook page. You don't need to have an account, you can just watch without any type of log in.

On a positive note, the Stitch parade float is really really cute. I'm getting that one for sure. And I agree about the sleep notification mode. This really isn't an issue for me.

So... I just watched the livestream. Please don't take this as being mean, but has anyone noticed that something goes wrong almost every livestream? They lose their connection and it gets broken into 2 parts, they have trouble with the images they want to show, and who knows what happened this time around as they kept hinting at some type of technical issue they were having. I kinda get why my game crashes all the time now. I also missed the other hosts. I felt like the hosts didn't really know what to say. The whole 'what kind of ice cream do you think is on the attraction or what is your favorite ice cream?' just seemed weird to me. I also felt that they really dodged the topics that players would like to hear about. There was no mention of what was premium gem items/characters or event time frame either. Maybe I'm being too critical, but if you haven't watched it, you should. I'd be curious to see what other people thought. I watched it on their Facebook page. You don't need to have an account, you can just watch without any type of log in.

On a positive note, the Stitch parade float is really really cute. I'm getting that one for sure. And I agree about the sleep notification mode. This really isn't an issue for me.
I completely agree with you. I thought parts of the livestream came across as quite patronising. Do they assume the average age of viewers is 10? "Hey kids, what's you favourite flavour ice cream?".

They pretend to listen to their audience, but in reality only want to talk about the things on their own agenda. Most players want more land, yet this was totally ignored. Most players would like a meaningful expansion of the main storyline, but instead we get a token effort - one new character! No mention of who are the premium characters or their cost.

I think the balance between events and main storyline expansion is wrong. Too many long events, with too many new characters. Personally, I was hoping this event would be smaller in scale, like Mulan, coming so soon after WtP. I'd love a proper addition to the main storyline. Instead, what we've had in recent months, has been a small number of characters, designed to take us as long as possible to welcome and level up. That seems like a lazy approach from the developers.

I understand why they do it. Their objective is to maximise profits. And this often results in short term thinking. I guess that as a long term player, I am in the minority. Sadly, maybe its time to move on, since I can't see the situation changing.

No mention of who are the premium characters or their cost.

I guess that as a long term player, I am in the minority.

But in the end, does it really much matter if we find out that information two days early or at the start of the event? Especially for a longtime player like yourself? No, obviously not.

But in the end, does it really much matter if we find out that information two days early or at the start of the event? Especially for a longtime player like yourself? No, obviously not.
I'm expressing my opinion, and I would have LIKED to have had that information.

It doesn't particularly MATTER if they do the livestream or not. But since they decided to do it, I would expect it to be covered.

And you people wonder why I've been convinced from nearly the start of the game DMK that this game is programmed by a crack crop of interns. So many other online games and apps with far more moving pieces, and so few bugs with each new release. I have yet to bother watching a live stream, in real time or otherwise, and will never do so. But from what you're saying, why would these dopes at Gameloft put together a live stream, and then have it hosted by people who have zero public speaking skills? I guess the Gameloft Interns took up computer programming because of their lack of ability to communicate and their inability to connect with people. It's time for these interns to move out of their parent's basement, meet a girl, and offer to take her to the movies. Because, you know, at least at the movies they wouldn't have to talk to her. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

And you people wonder why I've been convinced from nearly the start of the game DMK that this game is programmed by a crack crop of interns. So many other online games and apps with far more moving pieces, and so few bugs with each new release. I have yet to bother watching a live stream, in real time or otherwise, and will never do so. But from what you're saying, why would these dopes put together a live stream, and then have it hosted by people who have zero public speaking skills? I guess they took up computer programming because of their lack of ability to communicate and their inability to connect with people. It's time to move out of their parent's basement, meet a girl, and offer to take her to the movies. Because, you know, at least at the movies they wouldn't have to talk to her.
Oh my.....

Hey... not our fault if Gameloft is operated by a bunch of dolts.
"Dolts" Now there is a word you don't hear very often. I'll have to make sure I say that next time someone does or says something that makes me shake my head and wonder what's wrong with them. I'll just make sure I explain it's a big city New Yorker thing. You always tend to surprise me.

I was OK with this event when I was in my fantasy bubble, hoping it would be like Mulan with only the 3 characters.

Now that the bubble is burst, I don’t like this event. And Stitch is one of my favorites. The addition of the other aliens ruined it for me, definitely some gem characters I don’t want, but likely will be forced for spend my gems on if I want a chance at Stitch. Because we know he will be the last character, based on the others they released which none are truly villains (maybe Angel? Never seen her storyline). Just disappointing, and similar to others POV, this movie was a stretch from the beginning.

I get complaints really, and I'm fine with seeing them, because the game does have a lot of negatives, but the constant cloud of negativity is really something. Not to mention the never ending flow of condescending comments and holier than thou attitudes that certain posters have is repulsive. I check this thread quite a bit, because I like seeing discussion about a fun little Disney game that I play, but I don't think even one page can go by without responses from individuals responding by talking down to people with different opinions or any positive thoughts on this game, as if their negative word is law. I don't know, it's just baffling that nobody has commented on the rudeness?

Didn’t you know that this is a space for people to constantly complain about the game? It’s not for people who, you know, actually enjoy playing it.
I’ll disagree with you there. I’ve been on this thread since nearly the beginning, and the ratio of game play help/enjoyment to complaints is probably 5:1. The only reason it’s ‘up’ right now is because it’s between events and most of us long-term players have nothing to progress outside of these continual events, and the game has been on a gradual down-hill slide. Honestly, I’ve posted less because I’m not finding the enjoyment in this game like I used to

I get complaints really, and I'm fine with seeing them, because the game does have a lot of negatives, but the constant cloud of negativity is really something. Not to mention the never ending flow of condescending comments and holier than thou attitudes that certain posters have is repulsive. I check this thread quite a bit, because I like seeing discussion about a fun little Disney game that I play, but I don't think even one page can go by without responses from individuals responding by talking down to people with different opinions or any positive thoughts on this game, as if their negative word is law. I don't know, it's just baffling that nobody has commented on the rudeness?
I don’t know how long you’ve been around, but about 98% of supernova’s comments are laced with or full-on sarcasm. Unfortunately they still haven’t developed a font for that. And don’t be coy, we know, and supernova is well aware as well, and couldn’t care less 8-)

On to happier topics....what does everyone think about the new way we'll receive items in chests? If it isn't random and we can time it when we tap the items as they flash by, I might actually see Splash Mountain in my future. I hope it works that way. But if we have a better chance of collecting items we want, won't that make the percentage of receiving said items irrelevant? Or did I hear it wrong and they just changed the format of receiving items and it is still random?

On to happier topics....what does everyone think about the new way we'll receive items in chests? If it isn't random and we can time it when we tap the items as they flash by, I might actually see Splash Mountain in my future. I hope it works that way. But if we have a better chance of collecting items we want, won't that make the percentage of receiving said items irrelevant? Or did I hear it wrong and they just changed the format of receiving items and it is still random?
What?! I didn’t see that part of the update...

Will definitely have to test the final card "slot machine" method on some bronze chest before going for bigger rewards. There's bound to be some sort of delay between when you tap and what you get. We also dont know if the rewards will run in a repeated sequence that can be anticipated and timed OR if the order they show up will be randomized as well. I certainly dont mind there being some sort of skill based mini game linked to the reward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter