Disney Magic Kingdoms

Overall I think it was a good event, but they need to change up the last part - just having you hope for "epic" drops is sort of annoying, and then no real payoff - just that's it. no battle, no cut scene, no new item really

Completely agree, until we got to Ariel and it feel like everything fell apart. Luckily I had decent drop rates, but something is really messed up with drop rates. At least for some people. How many people commented on going 0 for a days and ended up getting a few in a row?

Also agree with the abrupt ending. After getting Ariel’s mermaid costume, I spent the next few days waiting for the next quest. All they’d need to do is add some type of congrats for ending the event pop up.

Finally got some fabrics during the day but I still need three of them. Just like with the Kelp flowers, my drop rates have been awful. Before Ariel I was doing just fine and getting everything done with time to spare until the next character unlocked, now it looks like I won't get her tail and I'm not enthused.

Welcomed Ariel at bedtime Thursday night, then sent her on her 8hr quest overnight. Was gone camping all weekend, so only checked in on my game about 3-4 times a day. Yet I miraculously was able to get her mermaid costume right after work today!! With how bad my kelp flower drop rate was, I am honestly surprised that I managed to finish the event. Yay!!!

Me, half asleep last night: oh look, Ariel’s ready to level up! Let’s do that!

(All fabrics collected, one more ear hat needed for tail)

Me, 4AM: hey, the 4 hour ear tasks are done, let’s collect that tail! (Costume Room, many items still needed for tail)
THERE MUST BE SOME MISTAKE!! MY GAME IS BROKEN!!

I did the same thing. I had all the purses and ear hats for Ariel's tail, but then I upgraded her. It uses the same purse/ear hat combo to upgrade as it does to get her tail. I was mad until I realized my mistake :(

Yikes! I am totally crushed for both of you. Soooo sorry. :sad2:

Complaining here has not worked for me. I'm still 3 fabric short. I'll be checking every 2 hours until I get off work and then I'll probably buy the missing fabric with gems - though I was really hoping I'd be able to use them for Under the Sea since I didn't have enough gems for it earlier.

Can anyone make a prediction on which set of characters might be helpful for the next event? Would like to start leveling those up. Does higher levels still mean more event currency?
So far the pattern has generally been whatever the previous event was before the event you are on currently will help with the next timed event. eg. Lilo & Stitch helping with TLM

If they keep to this pattern, BH6 characters should help with the next event, and then the event after that TLM characters should help with the event after that, etc. giving you time to finish leveling your characters to 10 by the time the next timed event rolls around when they are needed.

As for higher levels equaling higher event currency, the answer is sort of. Most of the characters will have 1-3 tasks that will earn EC, so the higher the character's level, the better your chances at having all possible tasks available to you when needed so you can pick and choose. If you leave them at a lower level, you may run the risk that they are too low to have a task that will help with EC, or only 1 unlocked when that character may have multiple tasks available for EC. (this event Lilo and Stitch characters, Lilo/Nani/Angel/Cobra only had 1 task for EC, but Stitch and Jumba had 2 tasks each, and Pleakley had 3 tasks)

Long story short, unless you need to welcome characters in your main story line, I'd focus on alternating between leveling up BH6 and TLM characters as much as possible to try to get them to levels 8-9 and have them ready for 10, and then max them to 10 when you have time.

I’m up to 38002 EC, hoping I can earn another 2000 before tomorrow so I get the even half of the gem conversion.
This will be the highest amount of gems I’ve received so wooooo

Finally getting Ariel’s tail! I had one fabric drop every single day for the last 5 days. At least I was compensated for buying all premium characters + attraction (which I did for the very first time in any event). I feel bad for the people who are still having awful drop rates for the fabric, though. I hope the drops suddenly surge on the few hours left we have.

As a new player of this game, I need to know the trick as how everyone is able to get so much magic and gems? I honestly don't complete any tasks early and save but I still always seem to be very low. Is it just playing a while you eventually build it up? In this Ariel thing I didn't even get to build Atlantica because I didn't have enough of the sand shells.

Came up one fabric short of getting the tail and not enough time to send them another time. This is the first ever event I haven’t been able to finish and it’s very annoying. That aside...do we have any idea if the tail actually does anything for the game? As of yet, Baymaxs armor hasn’t done diddley. Not a fan of spending my hard earned gems on this last stupid fabric. So annoyed for all those days I did nothing due to the time wall only to rush through the end and still come up short.

As a new player of this game, I need to know the trick as how everyone is able to get so much magic and gems? I honestly don't complete any tasks early and save but I still always seem to be very low. Is it just playing a while you eventually build it up? In this Ariel thing I didn't even get to build Atlantica because I didn't have enough of the sand shells.

The longer you play, the more characters you'll earn. Those characters will each earn magic, and gems when you level them up. I started playing in April, and I've only recently started feeling like I have surplus magic and gems.

The Lilo and Stitch event happened days after I started playing and I did what I could, but was only able to welcome one character and no attractions.

Last edited:
I made it to 40k EC :cheer2:

Now trying to see how much I can get (I know I won’t get another 2k) to level up some characters before the event ends with the extra EC.

Came up one fabric short of getting the tail and not enough time to send them another time. This is the first ever event I haven’t been able to finish and it’s very annoying. That aside...do we have any idea if the tail actually does anything for the game? As of yet, Baymaxs armor hasn’t done diddley. Not a fan of spending my hard earned gems on this last stupid fabric. So annoyed for all those days I did nothing due to the time wall only to rush through the end and still come up short.

There are quests that can only be done with the fin from what I see. You have to change to land or sea for some quests.

Decisions, decisions. With a little over ten minutes to go - do I level up Ariel to level 3 for 750 event currency, which would put my EC down below 40,000 (so I'd miss out on one gem that I would currently get) or not. I'm just thinking of getting those dreaded microbots for Big Hero 6 and wondering if the clam shells will be similar. One gem might be worth not having to get as many clam shells...

Decisions, decisions. With a little over ten minutes to go - do I level up Ariel to level 3 for 750 event currency, which would put my EC down below 40,000 (so I'd miss out on one gem that I would currently get) or not. I'm just thinking of getting those dreaded microbots for Big Hero 6 and wondering if the clam shells will be similar. One gem might be worth not having to get as many clam shells...
You will have to get the same number of clam shells whether you do it before or after the event ends I’m pretty sure. It will just cost magic instead of event currency after the event

I don't see how "clams needed" before or after the event ends changes. Only swapping out magic for EC and the process for collecting clams (no more tapping, just 1 hr tasks). So I would think you'd rather have 1 more gem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter