Disney Magic Kingdoms

Hmmm, interesting. I just received 10 gems as a ‘thank you for my feedback on the recent balancing changes’. I had made a couple of long comments on the FB page thread about them. So I wonder if they’ve taken it on board and will change things, or if they’re just buying odd those of us who are frustrated.

Edit to add. I posted this before I saw the message above about Gamelodt announcing it.

Last edited:
Just noticed that that I do NOT have the max number of tokens available to max out Baymax yet it is not allowing me to collect past what I need to level him to 9. Additionally, I don’t have the glitch where it lets me collect gem character tokens for those that I haven’t welcomed. So... yay?
It took me a couple of readings to understand it, but you only collect additional tokens out of the chests if you’re maxed out and waiting to upgrade. You can’t collect extra tokens from assignments. So you can still leave one character ready to level while you collect tokens for another character that might normally have multiple tokens for the same task.

That was probably clear as mud, sorry

Last edited:

I can't collect for the character I don't have.

FYI, it's only Common tokens that show up for characters I don't have. The one that is the same for all characters in the same "Family." Not the Ear Hats or other token. I have tokens for each of the Families that I don't have the Premium Character for.

But I'd rather have, elixir fodder or magic.

i got the 10 gems too and i didn´t complain because i didn´t know about that change yet.i take it though as reward for having to start over again.trying to level up the main characters before the event as much as i can.from what i read mickey (and friends),toy story and cinderella among others right?i hope daisy is not required as i still need to collect a bunch for her.couple days ago i got a free platinum chest out of the calendar.got only minnie´s dinner table or what it was..

I got 10 gems to thank me for sharing my experience... and the only place I posted anything was here. Are they reading our comments? :rotfl:

I got 10 gems to thank me for sharing my experience... and the only place I posted anything was here. Are they reading our comments? :rotfl:
I think they just gave it to everyone lol. I got 10 gems and I didn’t write anything

I think they just gave it to everyone lol. I got 10 gems and I didn’t write anything

Oh I agree. But it was funny to think about it for a sec. They are really messed up right now. Thanking everyone for submitting comments when they didn't, realizing they upset people but not doing anything about it. As for me, the added items didn't hit the few characters I have who were ready to move up.

Not that excited to get 10 gems, they will probably increase the amount needed for the next characters!

So I'm not as personally affected by the balance changes as I had Aladdin and AIW characters all maxed out - except for Queen of Hearts, who I just started her 16hr lvl to 9... I'm a bit annoyed by the NBC balance changes as I only recently got Zero and Jack on an earlier Tower Challenge as I wasn't playing when that event first happened, so it did impact me there - rather significantly it seems too. What bugs me most about this is that all they are doing is hurting newer players with this - those who weren't around during the original release. I only did the math on Jack Skellington, and now to max him completely based on the information on their latest post will overall (all level changes summed together both increases and decreases) require 14 more Pumpkin Heads, 17 more Bowties, and 51 more Ear Hats (82 tokens total)!! That's a huge amount of additional tokens to collect for just 1 character - and as I said it will primarily impact newer players, or the more casual player that hasn't fully leveled these characters up. For me personally it will be far more than that, because I already had Jack at lvl 7, so I don't benefit from the early level decreases and am only being hit with the later level increases, which for me amounts to 17 heads, 38 bowties and 50 ears - for a whopping 105 additional tokens I will require to max out Jack!! I have no interest in doing the math for Zero or even looking at the details for Queen of Hearts. I honestly feel quite badly for those less fortunate who still had other Aladdin and AIW characters to level up as well.

Last edited:
Just my thoughts on the new Toy Story Mania attraction.

1. Too big. 12x13!?!
2. Can't place it near my other Toy Story buildings due to it's size. So it's off in the jungle area where I had room. This is going to bug the OCD side of me.
3. It's really disturbing looking to me. Woody's expression looks a little crazed. But I guess I would look like that too if I had a ride coming out of my mouth.

Glad to have a new attraction, but this one is going to bug me I think.
It's the equivalent of the clown at the Boardwalk Resort pool.

I haven't bothered to look at Toy Story Mania yet. It sounds like they went with the Tokyo DisneySea version. Which I will have an opportunity to see in 46 days!

Couldn't help myself... had to look at Zero, and now wish I hadn't. I have him at lvl 6, and now to finish maxing him out will require 271 more tokens than it would have pre-update. Seriously!!

Which is weird because during this last event, I did nothing but level up (and finish off) most of my outstanding characters.

I also use events for 24 hour leveling. We're always worrying about token overlap, so as we approach the Welcoming of a new character we stop leveling up anyone else AND once you get to about the 3rd character, you know it's going to take at least 24 hours to collect their tokens. So that leaves a window to level up 1 or 2 24 hour characters. So for TLM event once we were approaching the Welcome Triton point, I started leveling others to 10, until I had the tokens to actually welcome Triton, again for the run up to Welcome Ursula and again for Ariel, and again for her costume.

Hey guys I just found this thread and was hoping to get some advice from ya'll,
With the new Toy Story Mania Attraction coming out I am so behind on collecting the attractions that require elixirs. I only just got the Jolly Roger but I still need to get Primeval Whirl and Davy Jone's Organ. If anyone else has gotten all of the attractions how did you guys get it all so quickly? I'm pretty far in the game and have been playing for a while but I've just been seriously struggling with getting these elixirs. Some info on my account: over Level 50, have all characters except the premium ones, Oogie Boogie, and Syndrome, have 1 open chest pedestal, over 5 mil in potions, and 1000 in gems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hey guys I just found this thread and was hoping to get some advice from ya'll,
With the new Toy Story Mania Attraction coming out I am so behind on collecting the attractions that require elixirs. I only just got the Jolly Roger but I still need to get Primeval Whirl and Davy Jone's Organ. If anyone else has gotten all of the attractions how did you guys get it all so quickly? I'm pretty far in the game and have been playing for a while but I've just been seriously struggling with getting these elixirs. Some info on my account: over Level 50, have all characters except the premium ones, Oogie Boogie, and Syndrome, have 1 open chest pedestal, over 5 mil in potions, and 1000 in gems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I think most of us have 2 chest pedestals open. Then it's just luck of the draw. I complained upthread about the disparity between my two games.

I had two Gold chests show up randomly today. Is there any advantage to waiting until the event starts to open them? I know people save their Legendary chests, but is there anything special in a Gold chest that might show up mid-event?

So I'm not as personally affected by the balance changes as I had Aladdin and AIW characters all maxed out - except for Queen of Hearts, who I just started her 16hr lvl to 9... I'm a bit annoyed by the NBC balance changes as I only recently got Zero and Jack on an earlier Tower Challenge as I wasn't playing when that event first happened, so it did impact me there - rather significantly it seems too. What bugs me most about this is that all they are doing is hurting newer players with this - those who weren't around during the original release. I only did the math on Jack Skellington, and now to max him completely based on the information on their latest post will overall (all level changes summed together both increases and decreases) require 14 more Pumpkin Heads, 17 more Bowties, and 51 more Ear Hats (82 tokens total)!! That's a huge amount of additional tokens to collect for just 1 character - and as I said it will primarily impact newer players, or the more casual player that hasn't fully leveled these characters up. For me personally it will be far more than that, because I already had Jack at lvl 7, so I don't benefit from the early level decreases and am only being hit with the later level increases, which for me amounts to 17 heads, 38 bowties and 50 ears - for a whopping 105 additional tokens I will require to max out Jack!! I have no interest in doing the math for Zero or even looking at the details for Queen of Hearts. I honestly feel quite badly for those less fortunate who still had other Aladdin and AIW characters to level up as well.

i am one of those newer players.before i signed up here i read a LOT of the initial pages and went through the middle a bit to get an idea how this game is played and get some useful tips and tricks.it seemed like there was for example no struggle in getting magic at least if u only got enough burger stands.
i´m quite surprised tbh that the community now is so big even though during the years they made this game harder and harder.it´s def no game a kid could ever play over the full amount of time.
there are so many things i could talk about that i don´t like but i just take it how it is and have fun playing.now the token change is again one of those things i wouldn´t expect from a company that appreciates the support they get.i had to start over because of some update.now the drop rate of some characters i feel like is even worse.like prince charming.to get cinderella took me way longer than the first time.i had will turner the first time in no time.now i already have space mountain open,mike,daisy and cinderellas fairy to welcome and i´m still a bit behind with will turners flag tokens.
i´m not sure what they wanna achieve with all these changes making the game harder and harder.at the end i guess we can be happy we get characters we can still unlock without using gems.

Just my thoughts on the new Toy Story Mania attraction.

1. Too big. 12x13!?!
2. Can't place it near my other Toy Story buildings due to it's size. So it's off in the jungle area where I had room. This is going to bug the OCD side of me.
3. It's really disturbing looking to me. Woody's expression looks a little crazed. But I guess I would look like that too if I had a ride coming out of my mouth.

Glad to have a new attraction, but this one is going to bug me I think.

The giant Woody head with the ride coming out of it is disturbing and has nothing to do with the ride ... more like the giant clown head at the pool at the Boardwalk resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter