Disney Magic Kingdoms

Event started, have I missed something in my tasks or are Tinkerbell and Daisy the only ones who can collect hot chocolate? The last times there were about 6 characters who could collect I think. So 1 two hour task and 1 6 hour task?

I don't have Sally so I'm stuck right at the beginning. Can't start the main quest for the challenge. I got a stupid building out of the magical chest they gave us. Since I have a lot of gems, I bought 2 magical chests to try and get her. I got Oogie Boogie in the first one (yay!) and a lame pumpkin token in the second one even though I tapped on Sally. Deciding whether I want to keep wasting gems buying chests. I have about 600. My daughter was lucky and got Sally from her chest.

I don't have Sally so I'm stuck right at the beginning. Can't start the main quest for the challenge. I got a stupid building out of the magical chest they gave us. Since I have a lot of gems, I bought 2 magical chests to try and get her. I got Oogie Boogie in the first one (yay!) and a lame pumpkin token in the second one even though I tapped on Sally. Deciding whether I want to keep wasting gems buying chests. I have about 600. My daughter was lucky and got Sally from her chest.
I’m stuck at the beginning too. I got the finklestein tower from the chest they gave us. I bought one for 30 and won’t be doing that again since I got 5 mad hatter cups.... already have a ton of those and they are super easy to get. I only have 107 gems so I’m not buying anymore of those chests.

Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy can collect hot chocolate when in their Halloween costumes.
Brilliant thank you. I figured there had to be more. I had everyone in pirate costumes so didn’t see it, but of course they need to be in their Halloween ones. Strange it didn’t tell me to return Minnie or Donald because they have a task. I’d expect that to still show even if they're not wearing the right costume at home.

Thanks.

Okay, why does it tell me I have to "complete Nightmare Before Christmas event quests" to unlock the "Featured Collection"? What event quests? And who are the featured collection?

You aren't "stuck." I'm pretty sure that Sally's quest is the start of the things we have to do to open the Featured Collection. Which will likely be the rest of the NBC characters. Which if you don't own the other NBC characters (or only one) is not going to be too helpful for you anyway. Once Sally finishes, I'm sure another NBC character is going to have to do something, and maybe even another. You will miss out on the EC from doing the tasks, and you will collect points and EC slower but you can still work on the event with your Mickey & Friends, Toy Story and Cinderella characters. Earn enough to buy Jack, and then he will help you for the later rounds.

Point is: Don't waste your gems. By doing this this way, they are hoping that you will gamble your gems thinking that you can't do anything without Sally. You can do everything except send one more character off for EC/points.

Okay, why does it tell me I have to "complete Nightmare Before Christmas event quests" to unlock the "Featured Collection"? What event quests? And who are the featured collection?

I'm pretty sure it's the Sally quest and whatever follows, and the Featured Collection will be Nightmare Before Christmas Characters. It's "new" this time because apparently we were all too successful in the previous Tower challenges when we didn't have to unlock a collection.

I noticed that Sally is able to collect the mayors hats already, it’s never been this way in the past, has it? I feel like we had to wait until that portion of the challenge opened and then you could only buy with the tokens. Right?

Edit: Now the ear tokens are no longer available, must have been yet another glitch.

Last edited:
Well, I have no way of knowing what's going to happen... so I can't say 100%. But I just stuck Jack Sparrow on the upgrade platform for the next 24 hours, so I'll just say that I will be continuing to level up my remaining characters during this event. 2 more Pirates to go!

Looks like your 2 or 3 days ahead of me. :thumbsup2 I’m just down to the second tab of BH6 characters (total of 4) and just started leveling the first GoGo. Depending on how my tLM character leveling go, I should start leveling my final non tLM character this weekend. :thumbsup2

Well this sucks already!

I got the NBC float in my chest, which is useless as Jack and Zero are both level 10. No Sally and I refuse to gamble on chests. If she was available to purchase they would have had my money already. I did get a 12hr task for the Evil Queen so maybe she will unlock NBC?

It's definitely a new addition intended to make it take us longer to collect the items. I have Jack doing that task with Oogie, which means that he is tied up and can't be on the current quest for EC. Each of these tower events seem harder than the next and I suspect they are moving towards that sweet spot where lots of people will pay real money to get through the event. So I don't see it getting any easier from here.

Just looked at everything. Don't have Evil Queen or Sally so already done on side quests. Was a bit annoyed but then looked at the rewards and wasn't overly impressed with any of them.

I'll collect if I get a chance but this one is a pass. NBC isn't a favorite anyway so nothing lost. just going to keep leveling up characters instead.

And surprise surprise, Aladdin and AIW are (which they increased the token requirements for) are the collections needed for the next two stages. This was NOT about rebalancing to make things more equal, this was specifically about making the event harder and punishing long time players that hadn’t got them to the top level.

If they’d been transparent about it in the video update we could have been working on them the last week or so. Instead I upgraded all my villains.

Very grumpy. I don’t mind things being difficult, if they’re that way from the start. I’m grinding microbots and shells. But this feels like it might be a bit of a money grab :(

Right mindset, wrong target. The added unlocking task and token changes are about attempting to coerce newer users into gambling real money on loot boxes so they get to fully participate in the event.

I'm incredibly disappointed in the rewards. I was really hoping they would make the villains purchasable with event currency. I have all of the characters and buildings with the exception of the Mayor of course.

I also sent a note to Gameloft about the quest I got for Jack and Tia Dalma that requires Jack's pirate coat which I don't have (I don't have Davy Jones, so elixirs are the only way for me to get the fabric). I honestly thought it may have been a bug that the quest came up without me having the required items to complete it. Nope, they did it on purpose. Got a note back from them saying this was by design and "rest assured, you will sooner or later obtain the required costume to complete it". Not in this lifetime, not while I still have attractions to obtain (that I have nowhere to place, lol).

And surprise surprise, Aladdin and AIW are (which they increased the token requirements for) are the collections needed for the next two stages. This was NOT about rebalancing to make things more equal, this was specifically about making the event harder and punishing long time players that hadn’t got them to the top level.

If they’d been transparent about it in the video update we could have been working on them the last week or so. Instead I upgraded all my villains.

Very grumpy. I don’t mind things being difficult, if they’re that way from the start. I’m grinding microbots and shells. But this feels like it might be a bit of a money grab :(

Based on their Facebook comments, a lot of people have figured this out. I agree- it's a total money grab. I feel really bad for those that were still leveling up those characters.

Anyone playing on a Kindle Fire? That's how my boys play, and it hasn't given them the update or the event yet. But it's working on my iPhone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter