Disney Magic Kingdoms

The Penny token situation is absurd too. I know they're a common token, but 40 bears just to get her to Level 5?! And one of the three tasks that collects for them is a 12-hour task with two characters.
Here two tokens are really unnecessarily disproportionate.

Last edited:
Has anyone realized we only get 4 gems when we finish getting Bianca, think normally 4 characters would have earned I think 20 gems for completing that group.

I think in the past they have given much smaller gem rewards when they add characters into a group that already existed and a completion reward was previously given. Of course, in this case some players may not have completed the group prior to the new characters being added and not received the initial reward, so I could certainly see the issue here.

For a while, I remember getting at least 12 for completing a set and then ANOTHER 12 if they expanded the set. Never made sense to me, but the gems were welcome. Now we're getting fewer, but we haven't needed to use gems at all so far.

If I have to sit through another Lego ad that plays for 5 seconds then shuts off I'm gonna throw my phone put the window!
Thanks. Thought it was just me. Although when I first started getting these awful Lego ads in early July, they were for the live event, which happened a month ago in June. I tried sitting through one of them with the volume up, and the ad was atrocious. Even if I were in their target demo, I still would not bother with watching the event. Come to think of it, having the ad shut down is far better than sitting through the 30-second version.

yeah, it is amazing that I seem to get the same 2 or 3 ads all the time. If it isn't the Lego one now, it is one of those darn merge ones where there is a pregnant women who dumps her cheating man and then goes to these snowy cabins and then freezes. I am of the attitude that the more you show me the ad for a game, the more I am going to avoid that game.

yeah, it is amazing that I seem to get the same 2 or 3 ads all the time. If it isn't the Lego one now, it is one of those darn merge ones where there is a pregnant women who dumps her cheating man and then goes to these snowy cabins and then freezes. I am of the attitude that the more you show me the ad for a game, the more I am going to avoid that game.
I also get mostly all games to download. They include the ones mentioned above with pregnant lady, other Disney games and many others.

I wish I could watch even one ad, to be honest - I'm playing on my kindle and the game doesn't allow users to watch videos on the kindle version, but we still have the "open 10 chests" daily task. I think I managed to get that twice so far, but only because of getting chests for season/calendar rewards. So every day I lose out on the daily task points for two tasks. I've sent in support tickets about this but get nothing back other than "too bad, so sad." I've gotten the "open 26 silver chests" weekly task twice and used my free option to get rid of that because I can only guarantee I'll get one a day. Before they started the season pass thing, we used to get a couple gems each day in place of watching videos, but that's gone with the update and they haven't replaced it with anything else. Would be nice if they'd throw a few extra happiness points our way since we can't get chests by watching ads.

All the weekly tasks have done for me is make me think a bit more strategically on which characters I have out and are doing which tasks. This week I didn't end up with any tasks that require 24 hours. I got a 4 hour (215 times) and an 8 hour (245 times). Then other weekly tasks were what floats I needed to send out or what attractions to collect.

I guess one difference may be where someone is in the lifecycle of the game. I am only collecting for Penny and Miss Bianca now. So I don't have a lot of other characters out, except for the Tower event. So I can afford to play more strategically so that I can complete the weekly tasks. For others collecting on more characters, I can see where it may be more challenging to complete the weekly tasks.

Ultimately though, you have to decide how to invest your time and determine what rewards are worth. We have roughly 74 more days left in this Season. I have about 107 more levels to go to get Dug. I think it is doable currently. Now granted, each reward level is requiring more happiness than the previous level. So that may need to be taken into account. In about another 2 months, I may have a totally different opinion.

At least there are still things I can work towards here. I have another game that I am maxed out on things and it is an endless wash, rinse and repeat on the events. While we sort of have that here between adding collecting common tokens for new characters, tapper events and Tower Events, there is still more to do here.

I totally spaced and forgot today was the reset on the weekly tasks, so now I’m a few hours behind, but mine all look doable this week. I have one of those annoying 24-hour task ones but it’s only 30 of them. I’ve got 21 running right now, so I’ll be done with that one by Saturday night (and tomorrow night I can have some of those characters start working on the 12-hour and 8-hour tasks).

As much as the season pass system is an obvious money grab (one I’ll admit I bought into) it does at least give us longtime players something to do in the game each week besides collect tokens for characters we’ll never use again.

My hate is for the girl who named her dragon blueberry. Thank goodness I only get that one on Windows. But the Windows ads that come with a survey? They are the WORST.
And I thought the original ad was bad. They put the wrong vocal track over the basic ad abd now it makes zero sense. I will never (ever) download that game or Royal Match.

Well, I still don't have Scar in my Windows game. Darn. Working on Bianca in iOS. I think I have 3 of her tokens. So, I am guessing I will welcome her somewhere around 2030. I am hoping that the gem rates pick back up with the conclusion of the tower event. I do have some characters I would like to purchase with gems. Hope everyone has a good day.

Somebody on my leaderboard must have really, really wanted a trophy. Must have spent like 100 gems or more in the last ten minutes of the event. 🤣 I've got each thrill zone at level two to get the special wishes or whatever so it doesn't mean anything to me, but I couldn't imagine ever spending that many gems just for a trophy.

Somebody on my leaderboard must have really, really wanted a trophy. Must have spent like 100 gems or more in the last ten minutes of the event. 🤣 I've got each thrill zone at level two to get the special wishes or whatever so it doesn't mean anything to me, but I couldn't imagine ever spending that many gems just for a trophy.
Whoever it was may have used the new time skip things. Only 12 were needed to skip past the 2 hour collection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter