Disney Magic Kingdoms

I needed a glasses and a hat this morning. I didn’t get any hat drops, but got the last glasses. I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore and spent 50 gems on last hat.
I did notice there is a 16hr collection now for one of Carl’s items. Never have seen a 16 hr., but it will help with the 12+ hr weekly pass events.
I had to get rid of the weekly float events, since I had none of those floats. Now I’m stuck with 6, 8, and 12 hr events, and they aren’t low numbers, so I’m sure several of those will be carrying over to next week.
I had the 6,8 and 12 last week. I only have two 8 hour ones this week!

It is not healthy to be this angry about a game, so I am really going to have to think about if I want to go forward with this game long term. That is a shame, because I started playing during the first year.

Another night that I didn't sleep well, so I moved my people at 3 a.m. At 7 a.m., I still only had 5 Carl Hats. I looked at things, and found that if I was able to collect ONE more hat, I could spend $4.99 on gems to buy Carl. Yes, I would have to crawl in here and admit my hypocrisy that I spent money, but I figured after all of my time spent on this event that for my own sanity it might be worth it. Ten minutes before the event ended, still no hat. I used speed up tokens. No hat. So, I would have had to spend $9.99 to get enough gems to buy Carl. I decided Gameloft could go eff off.

I logged into the game VERY regularly throughout the entire event (every 1-2 hours except when God granted me the occasional sleep block). I am just steaming mad about this event, but I feel good about the fact that I did not cave and give them my money. I have spent some money on the game in the past. I don't think Gameloft will EVER see another dime from me again.
I totally get it. The drop rates were ridiculous, and I could see not being able to get the character if we didn’t play regularly. Instead, it was a game of having to log in even at night for a mere measly chance of getting the tokens before the event ended. If Gameloft really cared about wanting us to feel like we got our season pass money’s worth, they surely didn’t manage to do it with this event.

I ended up shelling out the 100 gems for the two remaining stupid hats that I needed for Carl. I have zero fast forwards left now, after sending Kevin around like a mission maniac, and I’m now that much further back in collecting gems for anything else that comes up. Think I would have told the game to eff off too if I didn’t have the gems to cover it. I was salty enough about the gems that I spent!

I got Carl with 20 hrs left on the event clock. Kevin has not dropped one hat in the last 4 days. I agree…what is the point of purchasing the premium gem character who “helps” with the other characters….if they are actually absolutely NO help AT ALL?! Prince Charming dropped more hats with his 8 hr task than Keven did with a 1 hr one.

So sorry to those who couldn’t get Carl. Infuriating!

This is the first week I have had no 12 or 24 hr weekly tasks required. Instead, I have a weekly task to earn 400 of the 4 hr tasks & 325 of the 6 hr ones. And of course….Up! Characters NEED the 12+ hr tasks now. Convenient.

I feel like the premium characters in events have had greatly reduced actual benefit for quite a while now, though I continue to get them (mostly since I don't have a gem shortage).

But, post-event, most annoying thing to me is having to leave all this Incredibles crap in the Kingdom rather than promptly back to storage.

I totally get it. The drop rates were ridiculous, and I could see not being able to get the character if we didn’t play regularly. Instead, it was a game of having to log in even at night for a mere measly chance of getting the tokens before the event ended. If Gameloft really cared about wanting us to feel like we got our season pass money’s worth, they surely didn’t manage to do it with this event.

I ended up shelling out the 100 gems for the two remaining stupid hats that I needed for Carl. I have zero fast forwards left now, after sending Kevin around like a mission maniac, and I’m now that much further back in collecting gems for anything else that comes up. Think I would have told the game to eff off too if I didn’t have the gems to cover it. I was salty enough about the gems that I spent!
Yes, I agree about the season pass. I was questing my stinginess of not buying it since I invest so much personal time into the game. But, now I am just pissed off. It will be very interesting to see where we all end up at the end of the season pass. It's not looking like a guarantee, even for extremely regular players. If I were to spend $19.99 without being able to obtain Dug, I would probably throw my phone.

Last edited:
Another annoying, stupid thing. We used to be able to max out character tokens during the event, and then level them up after the end of the event for magic instead of event currency. Then they started increasing the number of tokens required. First it was an extra 5. Russell needs an additional 10 tokens each over what it was during the event!

So far the only benefit I've had is that I have a weekly task to use Toy Story characters, and a task for 6 hr activities. So I sent out the LGM for those and he came back with a Kevin hat unexpectedly.

I needed a glasses and a hat this morning. I didn’t get any hat drops, but got the last glasses. I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore and spent 50 gems on last hat.
I did notice there is a 16hr collection now for one of Carl’s items. Never have seen a 16 hr., but it will help with the 12+ hr weekly pass events.
I had to get rid of the weekly float events, since I had none of those floats. Now I’m stuck with 6, 8, and 12 hr events, and they aren’t low numbers, so I’m sure several of those will be carrying over to next week.
Oh wow! Have been so annoyed with the game since 2 that I just went back to see what you were talking about. There are a bunch of extra missions now for the Carl items. What the heck? Does this usually happen post-event? Its kinda like rubbing salt in a wound at this point. On a positive note, I guess, it will probably not take the shelf life of my iPad to level Carl up all the way

Yes, I agree about the season pass. I was questing my stinginess of not buying it since I invest so much personal time into the game. But, now I am just pissed off. It will be very interesting to see where we all end up at the end of the season pass at the end of the event. It's not looking like a guarantee, even for extremely regular players. If I were to spend $19.99 without being able to obtain Dug, I would probably throw my phone.
You and me both

It is not healthy to be this angry about a game, so I am really going to have to think about if I want to go forward with this game long term. That is a shame, because I started playing during the first year.

Another night that I didn't sleep well, so I moved my people at 3 a.m. At 7 a.m., I still only had 5 Carl Hats. I looked at things, and found that if I was able to collect ONE more hat, I could spend $4.99 on gems to buy Carl. Yes, I would have to crawl in here and admit my hypocrisy that I spent money, but I figured after all of my time spent on this event that for my own sanity it might be worth it. Ten minutes before the event ended, still no hat. I used speed up tokens. No hat. So, I would have had to spend $9.99 to get enough gems to buy Carl. I decided Gameloft could go eff off.

I logged into the game VERY regularly throughout the entire event (every 1-2 hours except when God granted me the occasional sleep block). I am just steaming mad about this event, but I feel good about the fact that I did not cave and give them my money. I have spent some money on the game in the past. I don't think Gameloft will EVER see another dime from me again.

I feel the same. They broke a fun game and I'm not enjoying it anymore. I used 100 gems because I was close but couldn't get Carl without spending them. No way was I going to give them actual money. Now, looking at the 16 hour joint tasks, I'm not really interested in playing anymore.

I feel the same. They broke a fun game and I'm not enjoying it anymore. I used 100 gems because I was close but couldn't get Carl without spending them. No way was I going to give them actual money. Now, looking at the 16 hour joint tasks, I'm not really interested in playing anymore.
Same. After seeing 16- and 24-hour tasks, I told my wife that I think I'm done with this one.

Same. After seeing 16- and 24-hour tasks, I told my wife that I think I'm done with this one.
I have to agree with you. I really did not notice them until you mentioned the maybe it’s time to quit. So many 8,12, 24 hours quests are just crazy. Think I am done. Let this season finish to get dog and that’s it! I was gone to daughters for grand daughter’s birthday and had not noticed the changes until this morning.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach for now. It seems as though Gameloft usually messes up the character drops after events but then does some rebalancing after everyone complains.

In the meantime, I'm bracing myself for a new group of difficult to obtain ghosts that might be released during the Halloween event.

I have to agree with you. I really did not notice them until you mentioned the maybe it’s time to quit. So many 8,12, 24 hours quests are just crazy. Think I am done. Let this season finish to get dog and that’s it! I was gone to daughters for grand daughter’s birthday and had not noticed the changes until this morning.
I know that I have a ton of check marks to clear, but honestly, I just don't care anymore. The fun has been sucked out of this game in lieu of an unveiled attempt at cash. Idiot interns.

Don't forget the Halloween costumes that we haven't touched for years around this time. And by that, I mean it's not our job to forget the costumes. Gameloft has already done that for us.
I’m still waiting for the comfy princess costumes that are “coming back soon!” I think we’ve had one event after the initial release where you could get one you missed.

I’m still waiting for the comfy princess costumes that are “coming back soon!” I think we’ve had one event after the initial release where you could get one you missed.
But once you get them, then what? I can't recall having to put anyone into their pajamas in forever.

Are the sand whirls “worth“ trying for? 1200 smile points once you collect 20 swirls. That’s about 2.5 tiers in the season pass. Not sure it’s needed. I just do NOT want to play this mini game. Ugh.

I have enough brooms & dust pans to collect 5 right off the bat….but then need to earn parts to collect 15 more.

not sure I have it in me after the Up! event & season pass & money grab annoyances/fiascos of the last month.

Like everyone is saying….This game is realllyyy not as much fun anymore. 😭

Are the sand whirls “worth“ trying for? 1200 smile points once you collect 20 swirls. That’s about 2.5 tiers in the season pass. Not sure it’s needed. I just do NOT want to play this mini game. Ugh.

I have enough brooms & dust pans to collect 5 right off the bat….but then need to earn parts to collect 15 more.

not sure I have it in me after the Up! event & season pass & money grab annoyances/fiascos of the last month.

Like everyone is saying….This game is realllyyy not as much fun anymore. 😭
I'll play, as I still need the prince and Grumpy from Snow White. But I am just still quite disgusted with the game right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter