Disney Magic Kingdoms

Creepy Chests are 150 gems each. I think I opened six or so...not a single character. But lots of other crap I didn't need or want.

I'm not the frustrated guy with Kingdom Pass or stuff like that, but this is just stupid AF.
I guess since it's still random, you never know what they are going to give as a prize. But with just enough gems to get the third character from this upcoming set, I won't be spending anything on chests. The one ghost I need is labeled as "uncommon" but that doesn't mean I'd be seeing him in my rewards.

I've already kinda blasted Customer Care on this one. Won't do anything and this irrationally pisses me off for some reason, LOL. They loaded the chests with concession stands and magic and ingots and whatever else. My actual chance of getting Ezra is 4.67%, Gus 2%, Ercole 1.33%, Hatbox 1.33% and Bride .67%. But I have a 66.67% chance of getting 1,838 magic...when I'm already sitting on 5.6 million magic.
What's strange is that my game lists him as Phineas, not Ercole. I wonder why the inconsistency? Maybe it's a platform thing?

I'm not even bothering with the Kingdom pass anymore. I don't want to have to tend to the whole happiness thing every hour.
I had Kingdom pass last time and played the same as always and had no trouble finishing. I did not play any extra. I am not buying the Kingdom pass this time and averaging about the same as last time. Don’t care about getting more buildings that I can’t put out anyway, because I have what’s seems like hundreds of buildings, concessions, etc that I have in storage with no where to display them anyway.

I've already kinda blasted Customer Care on this one. Won't do anything and this irrationally pisses me off for some reason, LOL. They loaded the chests with concession stands and magic and ingots and whatever else. My actual chance of getting Ezra is 4.67%, Gus 2%, Ercole 1.33%, Hatbox 1.33% and Bride .67%. But I have a 66.67% chance of getting 1,838 magic...when I'm already sitting on 5.6 million magic.
Oh, I get it! That’s the way I felt after plopping down the gems to get Kevin to help with Up! I ran that poor bird ragged and got a whopping two tokens from her. I get its only a game but I felt like Schleprock gambling in Vegas😂

For me, the Creepy Chests contain nothing but elixir ingots and concessions. Kind of makes it easier to completely ignore them which is a good feeling.
For me the three Haunted Mansion characters are in there, but 150 gems, not sure I want to spend that at a chance with all the concessions that are in there!

I bought the pass. Leveling up seems about the same as last time, but it seems like there are a lot less gem rewards than last time. Anyone else notice the same?
I noticed that as well. Perhaps the next incarnation will be able to be purchased with gems, so they are purposely scaling back the supply? Wishful thinking, I’m sure!

After I wrote to Customer Care on Saturday about the absurdity of the cost for creepy chests and the chances of getting a character, they got back to me overnight.

Short version: the game mechanic works as intended since the developers tested it countless times. Customer Care can't influence the game mechanic, but they are "passing on" my comments to the developers.

My answer (you know there was one, right?): this amounts to gambling and should be illegal. I then broke out the prices for the normal Legendary Chests (6 for $10) vs. what it takes to get one Creepy Chest (500 gem pack for $20...which is roughly three chests for $20).

Also, why in the common tier of rewards, is magic at a 66.67% chance while the character in that tier is 5.38%.

I know this is not in Customer Care's hands. I 100% understand that. But, unless we get a direct line to developers or people who make decisions, this is all we've got.

So I got Mary Sanderson when the event went live. Leveled her up to 2. The Event task to welcome One Event Character didn't let me collect the happiness. Ticket is in with Customer Care and they have apparently told the developers about it.

:rolleyes:

So I got Mary Sanderson when the event went live. Leveled her up to 2. The Event task to welcome One Event Character didn't let me collect the happiness. Ticket is in with Customer Care and they have apparently told the developers about it.

:rolleyes:
Same here but I haven’t gotten a response from customer care.

Same here but I haven’t gotten a response from customer care.

Their exact response to me was the developers are aware, they are working on a fix but it can take some time...

This really makes me wonder when they say (about other things) the mechanics work as intended. I got that response concerning the creepy chests over the weekend.

Well, I think I am doing OK on this event so far. I have Sarah working on her 8 hour task in both Windows & iOS. It looks like building the Sanderson House is next, though I don't think it's available until Saturday. Oh, and I had enough gems in both games to get Mary. So yay! It can only go downhill from here, lol.

Well, I think I am doing OK on this event so far. I have Sarah working on her 8 hour task in both Windows & iOS. It looks like building the Sanderson House is next, though I don't think it's available until Saturday. Oh, and I had enough gems in both games to get Mary. So yay! It can only go downhill from here, lol.
Since you have Windows, I have a question for you. Are you getting the popup for a Happiness ad on your Windows game? I'm getting them in my IOS game but not my Windows game. The calendar weekly happiness rewards dropped from 100 to 75, so I have a feeling these parade ads are going to be necessary to progress this season. 2-3 parades a day = 14-21 happiness that we will need to "make up the gap."

Just trying to find out if I need to reinstall my game (ugh) to fix it for me, or if it's broken for everyone and people need to bug Gameloft CS.

Since you have Windows, I have a question for you. Are you getting the popup for a Happiness ad on your Windows game? I'm getting them in my IOS game but not my Windows game. The calendar weekly happiness rewards dropped from 100 to 75, so I have a feeling these parade ads are going to be necessary to progress this season. 2-3 parades a day = 14-21 happiness that we will need to "make up the gap."

Just trying to find out if I need to reinstall my game (ugh) to fix it for me, or if it's broken for everyone and people need to bug Gameloft CS.
Hmm. I don't remember. I will try to pay attention at the end of my next Windows parade :)

Congrats! Fingers crossed it isn't downhill from here for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter