Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

View attachment 845086
This was in my Apple newsfeed but I can’t seem to find any more information about it directly from Disney. It seems like it might be click bait but thought I’d share. Not sure how to link the whole article, so I took a screenshot.

That's complete and utter poppycock. Who is this from, Inside the Magic? They just bought the expensive scanners for WDW. I don't think they are throwing all of that out the window.

I think that no bag policy is only for the D23 event at the Honda Center.
The Honda Center has a bag policy. It can be 5x9x2. It's not a total ban on bags, but it's pretty small. They didn't mention a vest ban, so maybe a vest a la Yelena Belova from Black Widow. It has so many pockets :rotfl2: Plus, they site June in the article and expo isn't until August. Looks like clickbait.

That's complete and utter poppycock. Who is this from, Inside the Magic? They just bought the expensive scanners for WDW. I don't think they are throwing all of that out the window.
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Inside the Magic ridiculous. We enjoy the Disney Jeopardy videos they have on YouTube, so it's puzzling how everything else they seem to do is so bad quality and sensationalized

View attachment 845086
This was in my Apple newsfeed but I can’t seem to find any more information about it directly from Disney. It seems like it might be click bait but thought I’d share. Not sure how to link the whole article, so I took a screenshot.
With as much money as they’re making off of Loungefly bags, I think we all know this is a BS story and definitely not happening

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Inside the Magic ridiculous. We enjoy the Disney Jeopardy videos they have on YouTube, so it's puzzling how everything else they seem to do is so bad quality and sensationalized
A small piece of my soul dies every time someone posts an Inside the Magic article as a "source".

Last edited:
A small piece of my soul dies every time someone posts an Inside the Magic article as a "source".
Totally! Our son was quoting something he read that sounded like complete fooey. I asked if it was posted on ITM, because it sounded just like one of theirs. I had to explain to him to not trust anything they print or to even click on their articles and feed the machine of greed.

Here is the referenced article from the earlier post - https://www.parksavers.com/breaking-disney-implements-no-bag-policy-at-parks/

It’s actually well written, speaks to a memo that the Orlando Sentinel obtained, has a quote from Len Testa and a real attorney. But no links to sources.

It feels like this is an April Fools post that was accidentally scheduled a week early.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is. When I first read it, I checked the date...I wish it was April 1st already, since we're heading to Florida that day.

Okay, new idea for expanding Animal Kingdom: The expansion should go in the area I circled in blue. (I apologize if my drawing is sloppy. Try circling an area on an iPhone with your thumb.)

I don’t care (or anyone else) if the only way to get to the expansion area is by taking the Wildlife Express Train, just as long as you’re having fun.

I’m hoping that this could work, since Mr. Rhode is back.

IMG_1779.jpeg

Totally! Our son was quoting something he read that sounded like complete fooey. I asked if it was posted on ITM, because it sounded just like one of theirs. I had to explain to him to not trust anything they print or to even click on their articles and feed the machine of greed.
My dad sends me ITM articles all the time and this is a visual of my soul every time he does:

pooh.gif

Okay, new idea for expanding Animal Kingdom: The expansion should go in the area I circled in blue. (I apologize if my drawing is sloppy. Try circling an area on an iPhone with your thumb.)

I don’t care (or anyone else) if the only way to get to the expansion area is by taking the Wildlife Express Train, just as long as you’re having fun.

I’m hoping that this could work, since Mr. Rhode is back.

View attachment 845120
I believe a portion of what you outlined is already being permitted to build-out an operational center and parking for CMs and contractors/sub-contractors. TWDC isn't planning to build any new "land" area where operations will be held.

Also, I am skeptical TWDC leadership, especially WDW leadership, will budget the capital and operating costs to expand DAK in this manner. I have a hunch that TWDC and WDW leadership believe that the proposed replacement of Dinoland USA will be sufficient to boost park attendance and generate additional revenue (increased ILL and G+ sales) to justify the capital expenditure. I expect increased operating costs for this section of DAK but I wouldn't expect those operating costs to be significantly higher than present operating costs.

The bottom line is that TWDC and WDW leadership is complacent. I realize this is among the greatest insults I can volley their way, but I truly believe it and I believe so much I would have zero hesitancy saying it to their faces. Being complacent results in less costs, more revenues and larger bonuses / more money for the senior leaders' pockets.

Meet the band for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure: Link
IMG_0408.jpeg
Byhalia the Beaver – Byhalia doesn’t just build dams; she helps build musical instruments using natural materials from the bayou. As a strong-willed percussionist, it’s safe to say Byhalia is the heartbeat of the band, as well as a natural designer and engineer.

Gritty the Rabbit – Always willing to dig a little deeper to help others, Gritty plays the washboard (a found automobile license plate) with a high-energy flair. It’s the perfect instrument for someone who’s often overzealous and digs to relieve her nerves.

Beau the Opossum – Seeing limitless possibilities, no one finds more wonder in the bayou and the sounds of zydeco music than Beau. All she knows is beauty, especially her own. You can find her plucking out the low notes with her upright gourd bass, which of course, involves some musical dexterity with her tail.

Apollo the Raccoon – Apollo loves transforming abandoned objects into works of musical art – like his squeezebox. He’s full of energy and storytelling, especially about the objects he finds in the bayou. He’s particularly close with Rufus and appreciates Rufus’ calm demeanor.

Rufus the Turtle – Rufus may be a turtle, but he’s quick to jump into rhythm with his harmonica. He’s also the first to join in on new adventures! He’s genuine and sincere but may come across as a little sarcastic at times with his habitual sighing. Rufus loves going on adventures with Apollo.

Timoléon the Otter – He’s the eldest of the band, but Timoléon’s fiddle-playing is inspired by all the ‘kids’ he spends his time around while in the bayou. When he’s not sawing out a jig, he’s famous for telling stories of days long ago about his explorations of every corner of the bayou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter