Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I really wanted to like that movie but it was pretty dull unfortunately.

Agreed. We saw it as the $5 AMC Screen Unseen, and I actually debated walking out because it was getting late and I was falling asleep.

Yeah, I'm a Taika fan but checking the Rotten Tomatoes score it looks pretty mixed to be nice. Probably why Disney sneak-dropped it on D+/Hulu ... but I'll still at least check it out before the March deadline

I think I had one dish one year that was ok🤣
One of my favorite things from Food & Wine in 2019 was a cold seafood dish from Italy. And that was the year they had the chicken strips with marinara that everyone was raving about. Other than that, I don't remember hearing anything good about the Italy booth. Ever.

Disney Files Permit for Demolition at Former NBA Experience in Disney Springs
A new permit filed by Disney shows that there is some movement at the former NBA Experience building in Disney Springs. The permit lists the work to be done as “General construction/demo” and lists the contractor as Adena.
As for the work at the NBA Experience, there are a few things this permit could point to, but there are no definitive hints. It’s almost guaranteed that any demolition would be rather limited in scope as the CityWorks restaurant shares the same building. If Disney wanted to bring a new tenant into the space, they would likely need to do some amount of modifications to improve and change the custom-built NBA Experience interior.

A new permit filed by Disney shows that there is some movement at the former NBA Experience building in Disney Springs. The permit lists the work to be done as “General construction/demo” and lists the contractor as Adena.
As for the work at the NBA Experience, there are a few things this permit could point to, but there are no definitive hints. It’s almost guaranteed that any demolition would be rather limited in scope as the CityWorks restaurant shares the same building. If Disney wanted to bring a new tenant into the space, they would likely need to do some amount of modifications to improve and change the custom-built NBA Experience interior.
Not at all surprised at this. When it was first announced after the closure of DisneyQuest it seemed like a really odd attraction for DS.

Yeah, I don't think they will wreck the building, but rather repurpose it. I would love to see DisneyQuest 2.0, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I expect more shops and restaurants.

Last edited:
So baffling that this was even built. One of the biggest wastes of time and money Disney has put into a project.

So baffling that this was even built. One of the biggest wastes of time and money Disney has put into a project.

I could understand an NBA installation that was smaller, and better, than what they delivered, but it was such a massive building and so much of it was underwhelming. I am not sure what research told them that this would be successful. I think it should have probably just been the store, with like one interactive basketball hoop, where you can like get your picture dunking on a famous NBA player - that's about all it ever needed to be.

Yeah who could have seen the NBA thing failing ............. :scratchin ......... just about everyone!

DS swears Disney convinced NBA to pay to demolish DQ and build this and Disney didn't have to drop a dime until now.

Looking at the flower and garden menus this year and it seems like there is an abundance of plant based this year. Even a lot of the savory dishes have impossible meat in them instead of the real thing. I mean it’s cool for people who prefer that, but the impossible stuff doesn’t sit right with my stomach and I’m not really a sweets person, so looks like I’ll be skipping the booths for the most part this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter