Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Looking at the flower and garden menus this year and it seems like there is an abundance of plant based this year. Even a lot of the savory dishes have impossible meat in them instead of the real thing. I mean it’s cool for people who prefer that, but the impossible stuff doesn’t sit right with my stomach and I’m not really a sweets person, so looks like I’ll be skipping the booths for the most part this year.
I guess we will find out next year how popular all the impossible items were if they come back with such an abundance of items next festival. I think impossible is a sponsor so that may also be a factor, a bigger profit margin if they are getting a break on supply cost.

Looking at the flower and garden menus this year and it seems like there is an abundance of plant based this year. Even a lot of the savory dishes have impossible meat in them instead of the real thing. I mean it’s cool for people who prefer that, but the impossible stuff doesn’t sit right with my stomach and I’m not really a sweets person, so looks like I’ll be skipping the booths for the most part this year.

I just compiled a list of items I’d be interested in trying (including things that are always offered outside of the festival).

There are 6 savory foods and 24 sweet (a handful of drinks are in this category, too). 🤢

I’m looking forward to some reviews coming out to help narrow that down.

I hate the impossible stuff. It gives me horrific heartburn and acid reflux. I think it's basically oily grains, so it sits about as well as a donut or worse for me. I might be willing to suffer a bit for a really good donut, but the impossible stuff just never tastes very good. Why can't the plant-based stuff be actual plants, like vegetables, fruits, and real grains? I hate how fake it seems. I get so annoyed that Docking Bay 7 has impossible falafel. Falafel is already vegetarian and vegan and doesn't need to use weird fake, overly processed ingredients.

I hate the impossible stuff. It gives me horrific heartburn and acid reflux. I think it's basically oily grains, so it sits about as well as a donut or worse for me. I might be willing to suffer a bit for a really good donut, but the impossible stuff just never tastes very good. Why can't the plant-based stuff be actual plants, like vegetables, fruits, and real grains? I hate how fake it seems. I get so annoyed that Docking Bay 7 has impossible falafel. Falafel is already vegetarian and vegan and doesn't need to use weird fake, overly processed ingredients.
Are you talking about the impossible kefta? It's not supposed to be falafel (unless you mean a different dish?). Kefta is essentially meatballs, so falafel wouldn't appropriately approximate them like impossible does. It's actually the only thing I like on the Docking Bay 7 menu, and we get it for one of our kids who is allergic to beef but loves meatballs and hamburgers.

Are you talking about the impossible kefta? It's not supposed to be falafel (unless you mean a different dish?). Kefta is essentially meatballs, so falafel wouldn't appropriately approximate them like impossible does. It's actually the only thing I like on the Docking Bay 7 menu, and we get it for one of our kids who is allergic to beef but loves meatballs and hamburgers.
Yes, but I have had the same dish in Mediterranean/Lebanese restaurants made with falafel, way before impossible. It would be nice to have more alternatives. I rarely eat there because of it.

Yeah, I don't think they will wreck the building, but rather repurpose it. I would love to see DisneyQuest 2.0, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I expect more shops and restaurants.
How about a video arcade then? A MASSIVE video arcade, with food and drinks as well? A huge Dave & Buster's maybe? Or an arcade created via a partnership with Disney and Sega?

How about a video arcade then? A MASSIVE video arcade, with food and drinks as well? A huge Dave & Buster's maybe? Or an arcade created via a partnership with Disney and Sega?
I like arcades but also some kind of cool indoor playground area would be cool too. I know my nieces would love it.

https://wdwnt.com/2024/02/lady-tramp-topiaries-epcot-flower-garden/

PHOTOS: ‘Lady and the Tramp,’ Butterfly, & Mickey Mouse Topiaries Installed for 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival​

Toni Ferrigno
February 19, 2024

lady and the tramp topiaries for epcot flower & garden festival

More pics @ link.

Ice Cold Hydraulics opens today
Disney has announced that the all-new Ice Cold Hydraulics snack stand will open today at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Yesterday, we noticed that the construction walls had been removed from in front of the snack stand, signaling that an opening was not far away. This morning, Disney announced that the location would be opening today.

On the menu, guests will find candy painted cinnamon rolls, bouncin’ mini churros, frozen slushies (optional alcohol), and other more traditional snacks like popcorn, cotton candy, and Mickey’s Ice Cream novelties.

Here’s a look at the full menu:

Construction on Ice Cold Hydraulics began back in June 2023.

Walt Disney Presents Theater at Hollywood Studios Closed for Refurbishment
The Walt Disney Presents Theater is now closed at Hollywood Studios. The theater will undergo a refurbishment for the seats and carpet. The One Man’s Dream film is not expected to change as part of the work.

The last preview to be shown in the theater was for Percy Jackson, and the props from the Disney+ series remain on display despite the preview ending. The rest of the Walt Disney Presents exhibit is also open to guests during the refurbishment, as well as the live-action Little Mermaid meet and greet.

Salt & Straw & Taco Bell Bringing Back the Choco-Taco
Taco Bell is set to mend the Choco Taco-sized hole in fans’ hearts with a delightful collaboration. After the discontinuation of the beloved ice cream truck treat in July 2022, Taco Bell is teaming up with Salt & Straw to introduce its own take on Klondike’s Choco Taco.

Partnering with the Portland-based ice cream brand, Taco Bell’s version features taco shells crafted from waffle cones, mirroring the original. However, the filling is a twist, featuring cinnamon ancho chile ice cream instead of the classic vanilla with chocolate swirls. The dessert is dipped in chocolate, and adorned with toasted brown rice, replacing the original’s peanut pieces.

Adding a unique touch to the nostalgic treat, Taco Bell’s Choco Taco will come with sauce packets, reminiscent of the fast-casual Mexican chain’s hot sauce options. The custom sauce packets include flavors like chocolate chili, mango jalapeño for a spicy kick, and cinnamon wild berry for a milder taste. To complete the experience, the dessert is served with a cheesecake dip.

In response to the above photo of the installation of the Lady and the Tramp topiary: Never could figure out why Lady and the Tramp is in the Italy Pavilion when the movie is set in Marceline, Missouri.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter