Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Announcement of Wreck-It Ralph Attraction Coming to Tokyo Disneyland
View attachment 854829
We have decided to introduce a new attraction set in the world of the Disney movie "Wreck-It Ralph" in Tomorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland starting in 2026.
This new attraction is a renewal of Tokyo Disneyland's attraction ``Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.''

In this attraction, guests are invited to take on the role of familiar characters from the movie in order to save the world of Sugar Rush, a racing game in the land of sweets, which is about to be destroyed by a glitch called the Sugar Bug created by King Candy. Together with Ralph, Vanellope, and the others, they will return Sugar Bug to its original form of cute sweets such as cookies and cakes.

Will the guests be able to save the world in the candy land racing game "Sugar Rush"? Please look forward to the attraction that will be born at Tokyo Disneyland and will provide a new experience set in the world of movies.

As a result, "Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster" will be closed in October 2024.
The adjacent product facility "Planet M" will also undergo a theme change and renovation.
Not the type of ride I would expect from this IP but knowing Tokyo this has the potential to be cool.

Not saying it should close to be rethemed but Buzz in the US parks needs a refresh. Or at least the ability to remove the guns from the Florida version.

As a result, "Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster" will be closed in October 2024.
I wonder when in October, that's when our trip is.

I'm not super super disappointed as our plan is to focus on attractions not found elsewhere (unless different enough from the U.S. parks) but just knowing enough in advance would be good.

Not the type of ride I would expect from this IP but knowing Tokyo this has the potential to be cool.

Not saying it should close to be rethemed but Buzz in the US parks needs a refresh. Or at least the ability to remove the guns from the Florida version.
I think we ruined ourselves by doing Buzz in DLR :laughing: it's hard for us to actually enjoy WDW's version after having the ability to remove the guns. I didn't realize how much better that was for the ride experience having that small detail was.

Having different shaped targets be worth more points helps too.

Yeah, honestly, it's not that the guns are detachable that makes it so much better (though that is nice too), it's that the targeting is much more accurate and it's eaiser to tell if you are hitting anything at all. That's the real improvement.

The Wreck-It Ralph thing sounds cool!

Yeah, honestly, it's not that the guns are detachable that makes it so much better (though that is nice too), it's that the targeting is much more accurate and it's eaiser to tell if you are hitting anything at all. That's the real improvement.

The Wreck-It Ralph thing sounds cool!
To us the detachable gun is what makes it much better.

Not everyone is trying to get as much points as possible on Buzz (or any attraction that has points). I don't care what points I get nor does my husband but the experience is more enjoyable more fun at DLR because the gun is able to be removed.

I went on Twitter to see responses to the Wreck it Ralph retheme and it looks like the majority of locals to TDR are VERY upset about this. They don't want Buzz Lightyear to go. So it looks like raging about a ride retheme is a worldwide, universal experience that we all share 😅

I went on Twitter to see responses to the Wreck it Ralph retheme and it looks like the majority of locals to TDR are VERY upset about this. They don't want Buzz Lightyear to go. So it looks like raging about a ride retheme is a worldwide, universal experience that we all share 😅
Well, at least shared among connected folks (I mean, social media users). I would think twitter users who follow Disney news tend to be more among hardcore fans

I'll make them a deal - bring it over to WDW and they can keep Buzz!

Well, at least shared among connected folks (I mean, social media users). I would think twitter users who follow Disney news tend to be more among hardcore fans
True but TDR is very similar to DL where it is a locals park (at least from my understanding after reading posts from locals themselves).

I was surprised to see the difference in response to this announcement - we love it but they hate it.

True but TDR is very similar to DL where it is a locals park (at least from my understanding after reading posts from locals themselves).

I was surprised to see the difference in response to this announcement - we love it but they hate it.
I wonder if locals tend to be even more purist than non-locals at either country? I would think as locals you would want changes to give you variety in the experience. Anyway, I hope the retheme is complete by when I get there in mid November--so clearly I'm not a local, lol

I wonder if locals tend to be even more purist than non-locals at either country? I would think as locals you would want changes to give you variety in the experience. Anyway, I hope the retheme is complete by when I get there in mid November--so clearly I'm not a local, lol
I think that's the case because I think if Disney ever planned to remove Mr. Toad from Disneyland, the locals would all come together with pitchforks and torches and march into the park.

It's not opening until 2026 so you'll unfortunately miss it.

Oh, man the "Disneyland People" (California) get VERY precious about changes - almost ANY changes. If they so much as move a bench, it seems like there is someone complaining about it. 🤣

I think that's the case because I think if Disney ever planned to remove Mr. Toad from Disneyland, the locals would all come together with pitchforks and torches and march into the park.

It's not opening until 2026 so you'll unfortunately miss it.
Mr. Toad is such a strange ride, lol. It continues to exist out of pure nostalgia.
Too bad we'll miss it the rethemed Buzz at TDL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter