Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they extend MK to 10:00. Extend them all!

I actually think this is unlikely. My theory is right now is they are trying to make the attendance more consistent by making the theme park hours exactly the same whether it is a party day or not. I do think there is a flaw in that I suspect 8:00PM on a party night Mainstreet will be a disaster with Firework crowds crashing into party goers trying to enter the park, but maybe they have a strategy on how to handle that mess.

Last edited:
I actually think this is unlikely. My theory is right now is they are trying to make the attendance more consistent by making the theme park hours exactly the same whether it is a party day or not. I do think there is a flaw in that I suspect 8:00PM on a party night Mainstreet will be a disaster with Firework crowds crashing into party goers trying to enter the park, but maybe they have a strategy to how to handle that mess.
they usually send party goers up the bypass for that reason

I actually think this is unlikely. My theory is right now is they are trying to make the attendance more consistent by making the theme park hours exactly the same whether it is a party day or not. I do think there is a flaw in that I suspect 8:00PM on a party night Mainstreet will be a disaster with Firework crowds crashing into party goers trying to enter the park, but maybe they have a strategy on how to handle that mess.
Yeah. There are some specific considerations with MK. Hmmm 🤔 expanding hours definitely helps if crowds and waits get unmanageable without FP returning. Big decisions for WDW. I’m hoping they release their strategy by late July, whichever direction they go. At least then guests can plan better. Right now nobody knows what to expect for the rest of summer.

I suspect 8:00PM on a party night Mainstreet will be a disaster with Firework crowds crashing into party goers trying to enter the park, but maybe they have a strategy on how to handle that mess.

It will be no different than it has ever been at any kind of after hours event before the fireworks and the park actually closing. I never noticed a big difference between an event night and a regular park night.

It will be no different than it has ever been at any kind of after hours event before the fireworks and the park actually closing. I never noticed a big difference between an event night and a regular park night.

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but didn't they kick the guests out of the park on party nights before the fireworks?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6178754165526b584f5a4a616b513d3d2d3430373335363435372e313462626163396636373235373330383235323031353239363630392e676966

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but didn't they kick the guests out of the park on party nights before the fireworks?

Boo bash isn’t a party, it’s an after hours event. It’s my understanding that everyone can watch the fireworks, and then Boo Bash starts, while those not attending Boo Bash leave.

Boo Bash Guests will be allowed to enter the park 2 hours prior to the start of their event. They will get to watch HEA with the day guests, then their event will start at either 9 or 930 pending what night they go.

Boo bash isn’t a party, it’s an after hours event. It’s my understanding that everyone can watch the fireworks, and then Boo Bash starts, while those not attending Boo Bash leave.

Good point. It smells like a party, but isn't one. I wonder what the capacity will be like? It was my impression that the After Hours event was a smaller crowd then a party.

I wouldn't call it kicking them out...At closing they started gently encouraging them towards the exits. At some point CM's would man the entrances to each land and check for eligibility. I've been both a party go'er and a day guest and never felt kicked out. If there are no fireworks exclusive to the event, like there isn't with Boo Bash, everyone watches them.

We actually stayed in the park after one particular MNSSHP began, probably close to an hour because just as we were leaving my grandson got sick and spent a good hour in the bathroom near city hall with his mother. The rest of us sat out on a bench waiting. We were never approached by anyone. We had been to the party the night before, not like we were trying to get something for nothing, just saying, once you're on Main Street, close to the exit, no one is doing much to shove you out.

They do no make guest exit for emh's. They are free to shop, eat and wander the parks. They just can't ride. For regular After Hour events, I'm not sure how they handled it, I never went to a park that had after hours that I wasn't a ticket holder, but must've been more vigilant about getting people out, because the parks were always near empty.

Good point. It smells like a party, but isn't one. I wonder what the capacity will be like? It was my impression that the After Hours event was a smaller crowd then a party.

No one really knows and with them having more availability after being sold out, some are concerned about just how crowded they will be.

The description for BooBash matches exactly what they said for the Villains After Hours- shorter waits. For the regular After Hours, it was described as little to no wait. So I expect the crowd level to be what it was for Villains- less than MNSSHP, more than a standard EMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter