Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious about solo pricing? They have to realize that not all nerds have nerdy friends/family to go with. Nice that you get 7 meals included though.

Like a cruise, they likely charge for double-occupancy at minumum. If you want a cabin to yourself you will pay the full price (though sometimes they discount a little). This is one reason I've never done cruises. This pricing is high, even if split with another nerdy friend. In my case, I have some friends who woul;d absolutely want to go, but they may not be able to or want to pay that amount.

These are prices for August right? (Foot note) but opening prices might be higher?

echo other here.. thank God I’m not a fan so no opening premium prices for me lol

Look at the itinerary page- looks like you get a guaranteed ride on RotR. Among other awesome things.... sigh... better start saving up now.
Fascinating. So ... I expected they'd do Batuu stuff earlier or later. 8-noon/1p - would they really do that while DHS is open? Or would they really close SW:GE (or DHS) to other guests? Will be interesting to see what happens.

Fascinating. So ... I expected they'd do Batuu stuff earlier or later. 8-noon/1p - would they really do that while DHS is open? Or would they really close SW:GE (or DHS) to other guests? Will be interesting to see what happens.

It might include multiple experiences passes with guaranteed entry time, or even a VIP-style guide to take guests to those rides. With that price tag, it better be.

I’m curious about solo pricing? They have to realize that not all nerds have nerdy friends/family to go with. Nice that you get 7 meals included though.
That’s my problem. I would love to go, but my family is not into Star Wars like me. I have friends who would love it, but I’m not sure they’d lay out the money for it. It really sucks that the solo travelers could be screwed out of this.

Maybe I am greatly underestimating the amount of Star Wars fans, but I cannot imagine how this could be a long term success. I'm curious to see how many non-uberfans would even consider this at those prices. I'm not mad at it, but I'm definitely not the target fan in this situation.

Looking at that itinerary, and it looks amazing, it struck me that you really have to think about attire. Do you wear clothes from your “home planet” and possibly stick out? Or do you go all out and purchase some Cosplay attire? Either way, it does sound fun!

Maybe I am greatly underestimating the amount of Star Wars fans, but I cannot imagine how this could be a long term success. I'm curious to see how many non-uberfans would even consider this at those prices. I'm not mad at it, but I'm definitely not the target fan in this situation.

I know they have a huge fan base but I wonder if this will this be a one and done for most? How will this work long term? Can they keep this booked solid in 5-10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter