Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there is a thread to post about dining reservations that I am about to drop? I know the odds of someone here wanting to pick one up that I have and actually getting it are probably very slim, but I wanted to post if that's "a thing" so another Disboarder could try! We have to cancel our Remy preview short trip. Thanks

ETA: Just found the thread!

What would be "fun space food"?

Desserts (since they pretty much quit on all originality and effort in this section)...
- Suspending sweets on plates or inverting ("defying") gravity (since we're in space) - very known for desserts everywhere (have you watched a Food Network show lately - it's actually also a huge food trend)...
- Dry ice effects/ "freeze dried" effects on sweets
- Wild ethnic desserts unseen to most Americans
- Even "70s camp" recreations or additions - recreate the freeze dried neopolitan ice cream bar in actual high end bakery mousse/cake form dusted with the original product or recreate the Tang drink into an edible glass with orange sorbet with bubble effects and an edible straw...

Anything that showed any kind of attempt at all...have you seen the pics of the food and the menu? It's one thing to not try and offer a 3 course "no theming/no real expense" menu for $60 all in (with tax/tip) in Disney pricing - ala, around the buffets/family style pricing...it's another to put no effort in for $100/person. In theory, you are paying $40 for them to try and theme something...

Last edited:
There is the Big Tang cocktail:

THE BIG TANG
Avion Silver, Grand Marnier, Tang-Infused Agave Nectar, Grapefruit, Strawberry, Served with Astronaut Ice Cream | 16

Yeah, that's not included, though - you have to pay $100 an adult all in and THEN you get a little theming - see, totally backwards...this should have been reimagined to also be an included dessert form...

Last edited:
Desserts (since they pretty much quit on all originality and effort in this section)...
- Suspending sweets on plates or inverting ("defying") gravity (since we're in space) - very known for desserts everywhere (have you watched a Food Network show lately - it's actually also a huge food trend)...
- Even "70s camp" recreations or additions - recreate the freeze dried neopolitan ice cream bar in actual high end bakery mousse/cake form dusted with the original product or recreate the Tang drink into an edible glass with orange sorbet with bubble effects and an edible straw...

Anything that showed any kind of attempt at all...have you seen the pics of the food and the menu? It's one thing to not try and offer a 3 course "no theming/no real expense" menu for $60 all in (with tax/tip) in Disney pricing - ala, around the buffets/family style pricing...it's another to put no effort in for $100/person. In theory, you are paying $40 for them to try and theme something...

im sure the poster was quoting me trying to be snarky but your ideas are already way better than what is being offered. How do you open a space themed restaurant in Disney and have no fun presentation to your food or deserts?

Sounds very cool... You're hired!

But, As I said upthread, remember when Disney tried just making the names of the food "spacey" at Docking Bay 7 and people couldn't handle the strangeness of it? I can only imagine the complaints if they tried to be actually creative with the food (although we did see a version of that outrage when Skipper Canteen first opened).

Have a dessert that features astronaut ice cream maybe not as the main dessert but have maybe crumbles in it or some unique spin on it.

The food also could be platted it a certain way with various space Decour with planetary rings or lunar imprints just something fun that’s not so please basic bland and boring. We could’ve had little American flags that were implanted in some of the food.

I see a poster mention the Star Wars food which is kind of unique and fun maybe the names don’t have to be hard to pronounce or decode to the average person however the presentation of the Star Wars food it’s fun too!

Last edited:
Sounds very cool... You're hired!

But, As I said upthread, remember when Disney tried just making the names of the food "spacey" at Docking Bay 7 and people couldn't handle the strangeness of it? I can only imagine the complaints if they tried to be actually creative with the food (although we did see a version of that outrage when Skipper Canteen first opened).

See, I don't think so - at the equivalent of $100/person (with tax/tip), they will hear MUCH more from folks who say "why the heck did this burger just cost me more than double what Steakhouse 71's burger cost me? It's just a normal burger." And note, a lot of my idea are "normal food" done in high end ways, which the pricing is indicating. If I'm paying $100/person, I want to be amazed by product and presentation...right now, the pics and menu verbiage are just sad.

Hopefully, they read this board (and heck, they can steal my ideas) and say, present the ice cream in a "new" way vs just "here's a bowl with 2 small scoops"...or the poor vegan pasta, the saddest dish there - maybe it can look better than a kids' bowl of spaghetti made by a mom who forgot to toss the sauce - I mean, it can taste amazing, but with that presentation, it can't be priced out of this world b/c it's SO hum drum and low end...pretty much, if I can make that plate presentation for my kid, you didn't try...

See, I don't think so - at the equivalent of $100/person (with tax/tip), they will hear MUCH more from folks who say "why the heck did this burger just cost me more than double what Steakhouse 71's burger cost me? It's just a normal burger." And note, a lot of my idea are "normal food" done in high end ways, which the pricing is indicating. If I'm paying $100/person, I want to be amazed by product and presentation...right now, the pics and menu verbiage are just sad.

Hopefully, they read this board (and heck, they can steal my ideas) and say, present the ice cream in a "new" way vs just "here's a bowl with 2 small scoops"...or the poor vegan pasta, the saddest dish there - maybe it can look better than a kids' bowl of spaghetti made by a mom who forgot to toss the sauce - I mean, it can taste amazing, but with that presentation, it can't be priced out of this world b/c it's SO hum drum and low end...pretty much, if I can make that plate presentation for my kid, you didn't try...

And I actually agree with you. People will complain either way. So I have to imagine it came down to which version they thought would net the biggest profit.

I know it says that the dessert parties start 10/3. But does that mean BOOKING starts then or the actual parties? And do we know when booking starts?

Does the opening of these things in Epcot allow for any of the walls to come down? I’m so sick of those walls!

Nope. Took these monday from the monorail. Not even close.

Attachments

• 20210913_171239.jpg
    20210913_171239.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210913_171203_HDR.jpg
    20210913_171203_HDR.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter