Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DS commented last night ‘mommy I really love Disney+!’ He fell in love with the old Mickey cartoons when they were featured in the resorts, so he’s in his glory getting to watch them whenever he wants now. I’m looking forward to watching the Mandalorian, myself. I haven’t had any issues yet. 🤞🏻

ETA: I just noticed they have the Original Muppet Movie!!! I actually have tears in my eyes. I loved this movie as a child. ❤️❤️

Last edited:
My DS commented last night ‘mommy I really love Disney+!’ He fell in love with the old Mickey cartoons when they were featured in the resorts, so he’s in his glory getting to watch them whenever he wants now. I’m looking forward to watching the Mandalorian, myself. I haven’t had any issues yet. 🤞🏻

Oh my...that's so cute. It's like the perfect commercial for D+. That makes me smile. :)

I also did the D23 plan and have VZW unlimited. I am paid up through 11/12/22 and I have an exclamation point on my Avatar telling me I need to update my credit card because my payment method is about to expire. I know it will expire before 11/12/22, but not for another 2 years LOL. As long as I can stream I am not saying anything. Hoping it just works itself out.
Mine does not have that indication.

So am I an idiot, it’s is there some way to see titles that aren’t shown in the scroll tiles? I’ve discovered that WAY more titles are available if you use the search tool than are shown on the tiles. I’ve added Miracle on 34th Street, Emperor's New Groove, and the first Pirates film to my watch list by searching, but don’t see them under “Home”, “Disney”, or anywhere else. Bug, feature, or glitch?

This would be a greatly appreciated feature, the ability to scroll through their entire library without doing a search. I'm sure Disney will have multiple updates coming real soon and with these updates we should see alot of nice changes, especially like what you mentioned. Another poster also mentioned not being able to see or track progress on previous watches shows, which to me is a big disappointment. Once you start watching a show it should automatically go to a recently viewed column so you can see and track the progress of all your shows. These are all features that I'm sure we'll see being added real soon. Nothing better than scrolling through Disney movies and find an old one you've never seen before. I think were in for alot of updates soon.

I'm having a brain blip. Is there a show on Disney+ that is basically, 'A Day in the Life of....'. I thought there was supposed to be but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for your help!

An option to skip the credits would be nice, too. I watched an episode of Phil of the Future and closed the window while the credits were rolling. When I went back to watch more episodes the next day it started me up in the credits of the first episode. It doesn't have the nice "play next episode" button pop up to skip through.

I watched it and loved it. Do you like Jeff Goldblum? It's strange and weird, just like him! :) I can see other people being like, whaaat?

So I just watched the first episode of World According to Jeff Goldblum and ... well, I liked it, I liked him, but didn't really love it. But may be the subject matter (really don't care about sneakers and think it is insane what they cost) but I did like some of the history facts and some of the scientific parts (like about the excitement of unboxing having the chemical reaction).

I think if they had more of those types of aspects or condensed it into a 15 min show or something I might have liked it better. Felt like parts dragged a lot

An option to skip the credits would be nice, too. I watched an episode of Phil of the Future and closed the window while the credits were rolling. When I went back to watch more episodes the next day it started me up in the credits of the first episode. It doesn't have the nice "play next episode" button pop up to skip through.

They also need to add a "Continue Watching" vs. "Watch from beginning" button. We watched the Pixar short with the baby bird on the beach overcoming its fear of the ocean, and stopped at the end credits. We wanted to watch it again, and it would only resume from the point where we previously stopped at the end credits. Even fast forwarding to the very very end or watching the credits in real speed didn't work. It still resumed at the previous point from the first watch.

We ended up manually rewinding to the beginning. Not a horrible workaround for a 3-min short, but if it does that for a 40-min show or a 90-min movie?

So I just watched the first episode of World According to Jeff Goldblum and ... well, I liked it, I liked him, but didn't really love it. But may be the subject matter (really don't care about sneakers and think it is insane what they cost) but I did like some of the history facts and some of the scientific parts (like about the excitement of unboxing having the chemical reaction).

I think if they had more of those types of aspects or condensed it into a 15 min show or something I might have liked it better. Felt like parts dragged a lot

Well, I guess it's not for everyone!

Ok, I am loving this old footage of shows I am too young to have seen when they were on TV originally

Watching this Disneyland Show called "The Plausible Impossible" which focuses on an technique they use in animation and it wonderful. Hosted by Walt of course

Another no go for Canadians :(. Wonder why.

This is how I've felt about Encore and The Imagineering Story - they're good, but not great. I love the concepts and was entertained by moments in both, but thought both dragged too much in places. I'll keep watching, but I'm already hoping future originals pick up the energy and pace.

This is how I've felt about Encore and The Imagineering Story - they're good, but not great. I love the concepts and was entertained by moments in both, but thought both dragged too much in places. I'll keep watching, but I'm already hoping future originals pick up the energy and pace.

I definitely can see what you are saying about Encore - which I also thought was good, not great. But the Imagineering Story I absolutely loved and can't wait for the next episode

I’ll be honest this is the first post I’ve seen negative about imagineering.

hmm, weird. Maybe due to music rights or something? It does feature clips from other films :confused3

Who knows. We don’t seem to have the wonderful world of color stuff, and I saw Mickey Mouse Club mentioned on reddit, not sure if it’s actually there or not but if it is we don’t have it either.

Fingers crossed something is being worked out for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter