Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree. Not going to lie, what makes it even better is that it’s a female superhero dominating. Until now it’s always been male superheroes (minus Captain Marvel but this is way better).

Elizabeth Olsen is amazing. Very nuanced performance. Everyone is great but I do agree, the females shine in this show!

Paul Bettany is amazing too.

Does anyone think the mind stone comes into play here (even if it is from it's past interaction with Vision and/or Wanda's magics, and not it's current state)? Somehow interacting with Wanda's powers in a way to makes Vision real, but only within Wanda's sphere (hexagon was it?) of influence. Because, I agree, Vision is self-aware and situationally aware enough that he is there somehow.

Does anyone think the mind stone comes into play here (even if it is from it's past interaction with Vision and/or Wanda's magics, and not it's current state)? Somehow interacting with Wanda's powers in a way to makes Vision real, but only within Wanda's sphere (hexagon was it?) of influence. Because, I agree, Vision is self-aware and situationally aware enough that he is there somehow.

Interesting...

I noticed a lot of deleted posts from Twitter users saying this series sucked the last 3 weeks.

what a concept, sticking with a show made by a production company that’s hit 20+ home runs in 12 years, and in turn the patience of 3 weeks turned into a brilliant show. Who could have ever guessed that...

I noticed a lot of deleted posts from Twitter users saying this series sucked the last 3 weeks.

what a concept, sticking with a show made by a production company that’s hit 20+ home runs in 12 years, and in turn the patience of 3 weeks turned into a brilliant show. Who could have ever guessed that...

I love it!!!! Kinda wish it stayed in the 60’s/70’s, but it just keeps getting better!!

So we’re not gonna talk about who that missing person that Jimmy Woo was brought to Westview for to begin with? I mean, it’s Ralph. Has to be. Everything is pointing at this being Mephisto, or at least someone pushed Wanda over the edge. It’s been ~3 weeks since the end of endgame, and we last saw Wanda upset, but not thinking about doing something like this less than a month after her conversation with Hawkeye. Someone saw her at a very weak state mentally and took advantage by putting this idea in her head. Who else could it be? Grim reaper, and Nightmare are also possible, especially the latter given his connections to Doctor Strange in the comics.

The series is set in New Jersey. What is NJ known for with mythical beings? That’s right, the Jersey DEVIL. Mephisto.

I think now that we’ve seen development from outside of the bubble, we’re going to see longer episodes. Some of the episodes will be from within the sitcom mixed with the investigation from the outside. At least I hope. Unless they were lying about it being a “6 hour movie”, there’s 4 hours left with 5 episodes remaining.

I think now that we’ve seen development from outside of the bubble, we’re going to see longer episodes. Some of the episodes will be from within the sitcom mixed with the investigation from the outside. At least I hope. Unless they were lying about it being a “6 hour movie”, there’s 4 hours left with 5 episodes remaining.
Hey if they add up the almost 10 minutes of credits at the end of each episode that gives them an additional 90 minutes. I’ve never seen a show end with so much space left on the timer bar at the bottom. It’s nuts!

Hey if they add up the almost 10 minutes of credits at the end of each episode that gives them an additional 90 minutes. I’ve never seen a show end with so much space left on the timer bar at the bottom. It’s nuts!

I didn’t feel this episode felt short like the last 3. The other 3 they felt like they were 22-24 minutes. Today’s episode felt like a mini movie. It felt like an hours worth of information, and it wasn’t overwhelming

I loved the wpisode too and really liked Darcy and Wu together - how about a spinoff show for them!

I was surprised to see the people returning like that. I never really liked how that was handled witht he time jump, however I don't think there should be any true concerns (outside of the comedic nature of people showing up in odd places). In a comic book world, that kind of stuff is more common and people just kind of adjust to it - they have to. I think focusing on it being a very difficult and dark thing would be a mistake.

Last edited:
100% agree. Not going to lie, what makes it even better is that it’s a female superhero dominating. Until now it’s always been male superheroes (minus Captain Marvel but this is way better).

Yeah, but looks what happens when a female is in charge - emotions getting the best of her, can't control herself. Etc

Not completely level headed in logically and not letting their emotions get the best fo them like with men

*Cough* civil war *cough*

;)

my god, this episode was most excellent. Shows like this are one in a million.

We are living in her depression, her grief. This is a dark series, but it's amazing. Also, does Vision seem very self-aware to anyone else? I'm not convinced he's dead here...

I definitely think Vision is more than just a, well, vision of Wanda's - he is really more self aware and questioning what is going on, etc

Might be that he can only exist in this world / realm which is why Wanda says they are right where they belong and she has this under control, etc

Almost makes me think of how Palpatine corrupted Anakin to tap into the dark side of the Force to save the ones he loves that perhaps someone (Mephisto/Agnes) corrupted it her and said she could use her powers to bring her loved one back and create her perfect life that she deserves, etc .... Obviously for their personal gain too (maybe they want to steal the twins to be their weapons?

not sure about how much vision knows, but I do think Wanda is using Vision's dead body, and reanimating it look normal.

Apparently there's a deleted after credit scene for endgame where Wanda goes to a SWORD base and digs up Visions dead body

Last edited:
Saw the information about that post credit scene. I'm kind of glad it was cut from Endgame as I think it would have been a strange scene to add on to the end. But I do wonder if it will be inserted and used in this show now to show that happening since it was already done.

My thing about Vision is, he’s dead. But, how would he be self aware and have the wherewithal to start questioning his surroundings if he was fully “powered” through Wanda’s mind. From multiple previews, he clearly starts going around the town trying to figure out what’s going on. If he was in Wandas imagination, she wouldn’t allow him to do anything but play along with her story. There’s more to the Vision story that is very intriguing that we haven’t gotten yet. And for Monica to say “It’s all Wanda” in episode 4 is almost certainly a red herring. She’s in control, sure, but this isn’t her doing this by herself

More thoughts on WandaVision

I agree Vision isn't just a figment of Wanda's imagination. The people in town are clearly real and nothing sentient has been 100% Wanda yet, though her twins might be.

Outside the twins, Wanda is controlling the existing townspeople's reality and their possible responses to every situation somehow. Or someone is helping her do so. So it is unlikely Vision is simply in her mind when so much that has happened has been his independent POV. The twins, however, would seem to be a construct, or Wanda stole them, which would be a pretty dark plot element.

I do suspect the Mind Stone will have some role in how Vision is still somewhat independent of Wanda, though obviously just as trapped in the scenario and almost as limited as all the other townspeople. There are still a lot of ways they can go with this.

Based on how this past episode ended I think someone else is still controlling things that Wanda can't if that makes any sense. Especially since someone is seen closing a notebook and turning off the show at the same time Vision does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter