Disney owes me a refund (how to get them to actually process it)

T2Mum

Earning My Ears
Disney owes me a refund of 90 Euros. We pre-booked seats for the Lion King Show on 23 June. The show did not run on that day (due to "technical reasons") and we were told at the time that we would be provided a refund for the pre-booked seats. I have emailed Customer Service, have received a reference number and a response noting that they have received my request. I have followed up twice, but no further response from Disney at all.

Any suggestions on how I actually get them to process my refund?

It has been less than a month since you have send in your request. Unfortunately French admin is very slow. If you need the money, go via your CC.

So just an update - I have still not received my refund from Disneyland Paris. They have acknowledged that they owe me the refund, but said that I have to wait until they get time to process the payment. I have initiated a chargeback with my bank, but the processes involved with that are also slow and time consuming.

It seems crazy that a company can take your money, not provide the service that they said they were going to provide, and then say that I should wait for months and months until they get around to returning my money. It has now been over three months since the services were not provided.

Just wanted to post as a warning for others who are thinking about booking pre-paid tickets to shows - be aware that the shows might be cancelled, and if they are it will be extremely painful trying to get a refund!

Do you have a friend who is a lawyer who can write a strongly worden letter for you, "if you do not pay now, we will take action", not saying you will, but at least it is something to try.

Other options is to email every day. Also annoying for you, but it is way to annoy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter