Disney planning new character dining options?

scotthart

You didn't see anything
I just finished an online survey that was sent to me from WDW that was focused on character dining. The interesting part was the fact that it asked numerous times how much appeal "alternate" character options had. Characters such as the Power Rangers, Playhouse Disney Characters, Disney Channel Characters (Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable), the Incredibles, Toy Story characters, Lion King characters, and POC characters such as Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, etc.. I think I would be excited to see a few of these, but I could definitely pass on the Power Rangers. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I haven't heard anything on this but I really hope it happens. I would love there to be a Toy Story, Incredibles, or Lion King Character Meal. :Pinkbounc

I think a POC character meal would be so cool!! I want a Lilo and Stitch character meal, complete with Jamba and Pleakley!

The Toy Story Breakfast would really appeal to our crowd. DD4 loves the Princess ones, but DS9 gets very tired of them. Incredibles would also be neat.

Sorry Trickyfish, I forget to mention that Lilo and Stitch was also on the list. I am with you, I would love to see them. They should at least be at the Ohanas breakfast!

I got that survey today too. Did you dine at Crystal Palace? We were there over Christmas and they asked us if we'd be interested in a survey. I have all boys and they'd definitely like something other than Mickey and princesses. I said yes to Toy Story, Incredibles, Power Rangers, Heros and POC characters. Sorry princess lovers but I doubt that Disney would discontinue those anyway.

No Disney4us2002, I was stopped on Main Street and asked about the survey. I thought that was kind of odd, but whatever. I am excited to think they may finally be adding some new options, other than the Princess Breakfast at Epcot there have not been any new character dining options for a while. Hey what about a Nemo and Friends at the Coral Reef Restaraunt? That would be great.

scotthart said:
Sorry Trickyfish, I forget to mention that Lilo and Stitch was also on the list. I am with you, I would love to see them. They should at least be at the Ohanas breakfast!

Oh excellent! I agree, I was surprised they never did a Lilo and Stitch meal at Ohanas. But I am biased, as I LOVE Lilo and Stitch (especially Stitch, I think he's my favorite character, I just want to take him home) and now that their station is gone from MGM I want every opportunity to see them!

Oh I hope they do a PlayHouse Disney one. My DS LOVES the playhouse Disney characters. He loves the show to. I know he would go nuts if he could see & touch the characters at a breakfast or something!!

Oh I hope I hope I hope! :earseek:

I hope disney does add some new characters to the mix. (I am a little sick of Pooh and friends) Lilo and Stitch, Lion King and Toy Story all sound great.

Having 2 sons, I would love to see Toy Story, Lion King or The Incredibles!!! For myself, I would love Pirates of the Caribbean characters--Do you think the Johnny Depp would be available. pirate: :blush:

Oh my! To have a Power Rangers or Incredibles character meal then I would FINALLY get to know what all you folks with little girls go through trying to get that CRT meal for your kids! I would be thrilled myself! With two little boys there just is not a character meal nearly as exciting. I'd be happy if they even had Power Rangers to meet in the parks.

My boys couldn't care less about Lilo and Stitch - and probably don't know who they are! It was a nice movie but if they are doing a meal that would appeal to boys I don't think those 2 are the characters for it. They certainly would fit in well at the Poly though! Toy Story is another one that is kinda so-so for us. My youngest hasn't seen the movie yet (turned 3 today!) and my 7 year old liked it but isn't so crazy about the characters.

***edited to add: Oh yes...and a Johnny Depp meal for the adults! :earboy2:

LOL. I just got done completing this survey. Ours was from Chef Mickey's on Dec 26th.

I would love to see a villians Character meal :)

A Johnny Depp meal, now there is food for thought!!!!!!! I hope he dresses up lika pirate pirate:

I would attend any character meals with "alternate" characters. We love Pooh, the Fab Five and the Princesses, but we just want something different. Would love Power Rangers, Incredibles and any of the other "Heros" like Toy Story, Alladin, and Hercules.

TomD said:
LOL. I just got done completing this survey. Ours was from Chef Mickey's on Dec 26th.

I would love to see a villians Character meal :)

I believe I read in the Unofficial Guide that they did do one for a while but scrapped it because kids were scared. I dont think they marketed it as a Villians meal though. I think if they did it would be fun to go to!

There was a Villains dinner at 1900 Park Fare in GF. It had Capt Hook, etc....

It was only just replaced by the new Princess Dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter