Disney planning new character dining options?

This would be my DREAM character meals:
POC at the Yacht Club Galley
Lilo and Stitch at 'Ohana
Heros breakfast with Aladdin, Hercules, Tarzan, etc at Hollywood and Vine
Toy Story at Pizza Planet or the Odyssey (the closed restaurant at Epcot)

And, since they are my favorites, a Beauty and the Beast meal at Chefs de France!

<Ugh> Am I the only one that prefers NOT to see the Power Rangers at WDW? I see far too many kids in my classes mimic the punching, kicking, and fighting from Power Rangers, so I won't allow my own boys to watch it.

I suppose this breach of good, clean entertainment is an attempt to better compete with Universal. :rolleyes:

Sam

DizMom11 said:
A Johnny Depp meal, now there is food for thought!!!!!!! I hope he dresses up lika pirate pirate:

Johnny Depp doesn't have to dress at all! Opps, did I say that? :blush:

eeyore0062,
Your ideas are AWESOME!!
I like all of them. I could see us actually using the dining plan if they had all those awesome character meals you suggested!! :)

Heidi in PA

I think the hero character meal would be great. It would be great to have a Lion King character meal at AK or AKL. Lilo and Stitch at the Poly would be good too. I would especially like any additional character meals to be at resorts rather than parks. I like to do character meals on non-park days.

DizMom11 said:
A Johnny Depp meal, now there is food for thought!!!!!!! I hope he dresses up lika pirate pirate:

OK . . . You can have Johnny Depp and I can have Orlando Bloom, deal?!? :cool1:

OR, halfway through the meal we could switch!!! I'm BAD!! :guilty:

smchan said:
<Ugh> Am I the only one that prefers NOT to see the Power Rangers at WDW? I see far too many kids in my classes mimic the punching, kicking, and fighting from Power Rangers, so I won't allow my own boys to watch it.

I suppose this breach of good, clean entertainment is an attempt to better compete with Universal. :rolleyes:

Sam

NO!!! You're not the only one who would NOT like to see the Power Rangers!!! Not only because I have girls . . . they are UGLY and would scare me!!!

smchan said:

Sam

Definitely not the only one.. I never liked the Power Rangers, personally and I hate that Disney is marketing them more now. They just don't envoke the fun or spirit of Disney to me at all!

EymanFamilyVacation said:
Why aren't there any Monster's Inc. characters or attractions???

As of last June there was a character meeting spot at MGM with Mike and Sully, but because of Sully's immense size and Mike's lack of dexterity with his arms, they aren't really characters that can walk around. As far as attractions go.. I always thought they should make a coaster or simulator ride that mirrors the scene in the door storage room from the movie.

I'm glad to hear Disney is thinking of adding different character meals. My boys would love Toy Story or the PR. Its nice to see Disney thinking of something other than a princess event.

scotthart said:
I just finished an online survey that was sent to me from WDW that was focused on character dining. The interesting part was the fact that it asked numerous times how much appeal "alternate" character options had. Characters such as the Power Rangers, Playhouse Disney Characters, Disney Channel Characters (Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable), the Incredibles, Toy Story characters, Lion King characters, and POC characters such as Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, etc.. I think I would be excited to see a few of these, but I could definitely pass on the Power Rangers. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I'm with you. I would skip the Power Rangers but I'd love to see some of the others!

I would love to see Lilo and Stitch. They also need to come out with Jumbaa and Pleakly characters. Mr Bubbles would be very cool too :)

I would also love to see The Incredibles and Toy Story!

Power Rangers I could definately do without.

I wish there was a link to the survey so we could all take it ;)

Oh!!! What do you think the chances are of them figuring out something like this by July??? (probably not so good....). They NEED some character meals for boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the wrong coast, but one of the restaurants are having Lilo and Stitch at a meal now. I think it might be at the Grotto in DCA.

smchan said:

Sam

Nope :wave: I just don't get it.

to No Power Rangers -- just doesn't seem Disney to me at all... I don't care for them personally, and thankfully my oldest (DD) is too into princesses to think of anything else....

I'm all for Lilo & Stitch at Ohanas & a Playhouse Disney meal -- right up my DS's alley! He would LOVE to see Bear (from the Big Blue House) How awesome!!! Please Disney -- add those!

risy said:
There was a Villains dinner at 1900 Park Fare in GF. It had Capt Hook, etc....

It was only just replaced by the new Princess Dinner

When the Villains left, Pooh and friends left the breakfast they used to have at Artist's Point and went to 1900 Park Fare for the dinner. After about 2 years, that was replaced with Cinderella.

Don't really care what kind of characters' they add, just give us something appropriate for boys, think it's so stupid of Disney not to have figured out that boys' come to Disney also, not just princesses'. Can't believe they have passed up an opportunity to make more money LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter