Disney Resort on Oahu Rumor

This has been a rumor since the very beginning of DVC. Hawaii, Newport Beach (which they bought the property and then sold it), Colorado, you name it, there has been a rumor. Time will tell. :hourglass We also received a hello call from our guide when we were down there recently and he stated in his message that he "told us years ago if he knew or heard anything about Hawaii, he would let us know" and he said "as of now, there are no plans for that. "

My husband's employer awarded him with a trip for the two of us to Oahu...all expenses paid. We stayed at Marriot's Ko Olina Resort and we were very impressed. It was abslutely gorgeous! Sure there are really busy and commercial parts to the island , such as Honolulu, but we drove around the island and saw awsesome views of mountains and the ocean. The west side, where the resort is, is very beautiful and quiet, but a short drive to the Pearl Harbor Memorial, Waikiki Beach, etc. We had the most beautiful lagoon view imaginable. It was a dream come true and we would love it if Disney builds a DVC resort there.

My husband's employer awarded him with a trip for the two of us to Oahu...all expenses paid. We stayed at Marriot's Ko Olina Resort and we were very impressed. It was abslutely gorgeous! Sure there are really busy and commercial parts to the island , such as Honolulu, but we drove around the island and saw awsesome views of mountains and the ocean. The west side, where the resort is, is very beautiful and quiet, but a short drive to the Pearl Harbor Memorial, Waikiki Beach, etc. We had the most beautiful lagoon view imaginable. It was a dream come true and we would love it if Disney builds a DVC resort there.

Oh, I do agree that Ko'Oline is a beautiful place and certainly not in the city, but it can not be compared to some of the outer islands. Just a whole different lifestyle on those. We prefer Kauai and Hawaii, but Maui is nice too if you can stay away from Kaanapali.

Oh, I do agree that Ko'Oline is a beautiful place and certainly not in the city, but it can not be compared to some of the outer islands. Just a whole different lifestyle on those. We prefer Kauai and Hawaii, but Maui is nice too if you can stay away from Kaanapali.

This is true, I like Kauai far better than Ohau. However, Disney may be looking at it from a logistical standpoint. This location is driving distance to the international airport. In addition, there are some that like the nightlife of Wiakiki. Makes sense to stay on Ohau. It makes the resort more accessible to a larger market in the US and elsewhere.

Everyone is assuming this rumor is for a DVC Resort. Perhaps that's a correct assumption, but I didn't read anywhere in jmatias' posts that said that. Couldn't it be a Disney branded hotel?? Hasn't Disney hinted at this sort of thing at their last stockholder's meeting?

Just a thought... :smokin:

MG

Good point, MG! I was just thinking the same thing.

Good point, MG! I was just thinking the same thing.

I don't have the answer as to if Disney is looking into a resort/timeshare/combo.

All the salesperson said to DH was Disney was in the review process.

Today, oldest DS starts school so we are back home. Will head back to Koolina tomorrow and I'll see if I can find out anything else.

Whether it is a DVC or Disney owned independent hotel (like the one in Chicago?) they would still have our $$. My family prefers Kauai but will settle for Oahu if there is any possibility that Mickey and Minnie might make an appearance.

Count us in for some points if DVC goes Hawaii!:banana: :banana:

If only I could figure out how to put a grass skirt on the dancing banana.

that would be a DVC add on that my DH would not fight me on...matter of fact he would insist on it:rotfl:

Still working on him with an add on for DL Grandcalifornian :goodvibes so addicting theses pts...there like Lays chips...just cant get enough :lmao:

Hey Lisa...funny you asked.

Just the other day my very good friend sent me an email asking if I heard anything about Disney building a resort in Hawaii.

I mentioned to her that I had heard something and posted it here a couple of weeks ago.

Well....her husband heard the same thing too. Friend's DH was at the gym and overheard the developer of the Koolina resort area talking. The developer mentioned that Disney is planning on building a resort at Koolina with plans to tie it into the big Koolina aquarium project.

I was excited to hear this from my friend since its the second time I've heard this and this time its not from a condo salesperson ;) but from the developer of Koolina.

Of course, if I find out anything else I'll be sure to post it here :thumbsup2

Aloha,
Jen

Thanks Jen!

If find both of your rumor tidbits very interesting since they are outside the normal cm/guide/boat captian cyclical rumor mill that we all feed into.

I wonder if they are thinking of a disney resort or DVC or both?

These rumors are such fun.

Thanks Jen!

If find both of your rumor tidbits very interesting since they are outside the normal cm/guide/boat captian cyclical rumor mill that we all feed into.

I wonder if they are thinking of a disney resort or DVC or both?

These rumors are such fun.

My source says both. You will see more of "both" springing up.

Adding more fuel to the story: Just yesterday a story in the Honolulu Star-bulletin about Disney looking into a Hawaii resort and some sources stating Disney is close to signing at Koolina.:cool1:

http://starbulletin.com/2007/09/29/news/story04.html

A side note...the developer I was speaking of in my post above is Jeff Stone, the same Koolina developer mentioned in the news article.

Aloha,
Jen

Kimberh: If they build from the ground up, I'm guessing points will cost a fortune. I'm also guessing that my current 360 points would probably be JUST enough for a 2 night stay:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter