Disney Skyliner Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's making an assumption and there's hyperbole. This is hyperbole. Gondolas are not new technology and can be found all over the world operating safely, even in weather like Orlando.
My guess is the core issue is either the lack of training/experience with the operators or something unique about the Riviera station. They are used way too much in other locations for this to be an issue with the basic technology.

I’m curious as to just how many complimentary “anytime” Fastpasses one is owed for being forced to pop a squat into a plastic bag in front of strangers whilst dangling for hours in a gondola cabin?

And can they be used for Frozen or Flight of Passage or are those still blacked out?

There's making an assumption and there's hyperbole. This is hyperbole. Gondolas are not new technology and can be found all over the world operating safely, even in weather like Orlando.

I'm talking about the Orlando situation specifically. You aren't going to find gondolas at ski resorts full of the elderly, children, and those with medical conditions that make them sensitive to heat. Maybe one or two people in a hundred, but not the high percentage you're going to find at a WDW theme park. That's what I'm talking about.

Looks like there was an accident on the Skyliner (link below). Not much info yet but like people have been stuck for at least 90 minutes and have been told to open the emergency kits. Evacuation with cherry pickers in progress which a CM said would take up to 3 hours.

Hopefully no one is injured. I assume the system will be down for some time while they figure out what happened. Anyone think this will have any effect on Riviera sales, confirming some fears people had of the system?

Personally I’m shocked this happened in the first week of operation. These systems are used all over the world without issue- pretty big screw up. That said I know they’re very safe and I’ll happily ride it once it’s back up, doesn’t scare me.

https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/appa...crash-shuts-down-system-evacuations-underway/

This is a huge PR nightmare for Disney. For sure this is going to impact RIV sales. Maybe there will be new purchase incentives announced.

How in the world do they evacuate the gondolas over water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter