Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

No. But the hundredth time through the same discussion seems a bit ridiculous. All of this was questioned even before it was announced, when the rumor first started. Since then, AC and buses probably make up more than half of the comments on this thread, with almost no new information since those very first rumors. About the only news on either topic was the pics of the gondolas, clearly sans AC. We won't have an answer on buses for a few more months, but when we do, it will be definitive. Until then, it's all an endless, silly, circular, rehash of old arguments.
It’s not circular for those not glued to this thread for all 177 pages!! It’s a discussion board — people can join the discussion at any time. No one is obligated to take part.

It’s not circular for those not glued to this thread for all 177 pages!! It’s a discussion board — people can join the discussion at any time. No one is obligated to take part.
You don't have to read all 178 pages. That's why there is a sticky post at the beginning. Failing that, a review of the most recent 10 pages would rehash these arguments, again. You just have to skim a small portion of the most recent posts. People can do what they like, but just like they can feel free to rehash, again, the same thing, we can also point out that they are rehashing, again, the same thing. As you say, it's a discussion board...

You don't have to read all 178 pages. That's why there is a sticky post at the beginning. Failing that, a review of the most recent 10 pages would rehash these arguments, again. You just have to skim a small portion of the most recent posts. People can do what they like, but just like they can feel free to rehash, again, the same thing, we can also point out that they are rehashing, again, the same thing. As you say, it's a discussion board...
This is silly. We only know so much and that’s in the first post. I’m not rehashing currently known facts.

Anyone just joining the discussion should be able to voice their OPINION about currently known facts without being told they’re “rehashing”. By definition, they’re not rehashing — they’re sharing their own personal POV.

However, dedicated thread to Air conditioning debate on the skyliner could certainly be warranted(and sticky'd) at this point as crazy as it might seem.

No. But the hundredth time through the same discussion seems a bit ridiculous. All of this was questioned even before it was announced, when the rumor first started. Since then, AC and buses probably make up more than half of the comments on this thread, with almost no new information since those very first rumors. About the only news on either topic was the pics of the gondolas, clearly sans AC. We won't have an answer on buses for a few more months, but when we do, it will be definitive. Until then, it's all an endless, silly, circular, rehash of old arguments.
Exactly.

I put read post 1 in the title for a reason.

Ok? But are they selling Riviera yet? I would hope whatever the transportation options end up being decided upon are fully disclosed so one can make an informed decision on whether or not a gondola resort is a good one for their personal needs.
Not selling yet, but for reference:

CCV began sales on March 8, 2017 for existing DVC members and went to general sales on April 5, 2017. The property opened on July 17, 2017. The propery became available for DVC point booking around March 21.

In my defense, I did read post 1 before asking. It also has an 8/28/18 update so to see people still talking about buses in recent days made me wonder if something more credible was leaking out while I wasn’t following this thread religiously.
Nothing wrong with that!! I don’t think you need a defense. :)

I’ve been on DIS for AGES — this is how threads work. Always good to read first post, but opinions and requests for updates should be welcome — they usually are. :thumbsup2

Nothing wrong with that!! I don’t think you need a defense. :)

I’ve been on DIS for AGES — this is how threads work. Always good to read first post, but opinions and requests for updates should be welcome — they usually are. :thumbsup2
And they are but every week it goes back to either AC or Bus debates. It adds nothing to this discussion except going in circles.

And they are but every week it goes back to either AC or Bus debates. It adds nothing to this discussion except going in circles.
These boards are for more than those on here every day, right? Always have been and I think should continue to be welcoming that way.

Sure, but I’d rather not debate whether the cabins will have AC or if they will have buses or not much further than we have. We are going nowhere in this discussion really.
It wasn’t conjecture about whether these things will come to pass. It was a request for update and sharing of opinions. That’s always been welcomed on DIS.

I’ll leave it at that, but really don’t want to see these boards move away from that welcoming approach to sharing of opinion and the casual poster as much as the daily visitor.

These boards are for more than those on here every day, right? Always have been and I think should continue to be welcoming that way.
Which is why we have the first post. Even if you read a few pages you can figure it out pretty easily. There is nothing unwelcoming about any of this. You can ask questions and give your opinion but we don’t need pages and pages of the same debate week after week.

It wasn’t conjecture about whether these things will come to pass. It was a request for update and sharing of opinions. That’s always been welcomed on DIS.

I’ll leave it at that, but really don’t want to see these boards move away from that welcoming approach.
Not sure where there isn’t any “un-welcoming”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter