Disney springs hotel

ALL are walkable http://disneyspringshotels.com/.

Check website, the individual hotels website and mousesavers for specials on the hotels.

While we are Hilton Diamond, I no longer stay at the Hilton due to the extra fees and what I feel a need to renovate.
The Doubletree is beautifully renovated suites, reasonable with only parking fee but farthest walk. (I still walk it).
B Resort is contemporary and beautifully done. I would choose it every time with a deal.
Best Western gets mixed reviews but it's spacious rooms with some balconies.
Holiday Inn never seems to get much talk but it's renovation is maybe 8 years old. Completely done.
Buena Vista Palace just bought by Hilton and going through complete renovation. No fees, yet. Trying next weekend.
Wyndham ... if you got tower, okay but no way I'd stay on the side wings ever again. You can't grow tiny rooms.

Based on my current knowledge I'd likely highly suggest B Resort or Doubletree. But one night, I'd likely just look at cost.

Last edited:
ALL are walkable http://disneyspringshotels.com/.

Check website, the individual hotels website and mousesavers for specials on the hotels.

While we are Hilton Diamond, I no longer stay at the Hilton due to the extra fees and what I feel a need to renovate.
The Doubletree is beautifully renovated suites, reasonable with only parking fee but farthest walk. (I still walk it).
B Resort is contemporary and beautifully done. I would choose it every time with a deal.
Best Western gets mixed reviews but it's spacious rooms with some balconies.
Holiday Inn never seems to get much talk but it's renovation is maybe 8 years old. Completely done.
Buena Vista Palace just bought by Hilton and going through complete renovation. No fees, yet. Trying next weekend.
Wyndham ... if you got tower, okay but no way I'd stay on the side wings ever again. You can grow tiny rooms.

Based on my current knowledge I'd likely highly suggest B Resort or Doubletree. But one night, I'd likely just look at cost.
Thanks for the info. B is 99 and DBLtree 150

Wyndham LBV and the Hilton would be the shortest walking distance properties on Hotel Plaza Blvd. for sure. It really depends on specials, your budget, your needs/wants, etc. on which one would work best for you & your family.

Double Tree and the B Resort are probably the "go to" properties there now for most.

I have so many points with Best Western we rarely have to pay anything more than the state taxes when we stay there so we always stay there of course. As @HopperFan posted earlier ... The rooms at the BW are larger and all have balconies as well.

None of the properties are overly Disney, so if you are looking for that. No such luck I'm afraid. Nothing more to add from what everyone else has already hit on, I fully agree with as well.

Wyndham LBV and the Hilton would be the shortest walking distance properties on Hotel Plaza Blvd. for sure. It really depends on specials, your budget, your needs/wants, etc. on which one would work best for you & your family.

Double Tree and the B Resort are probably the "go to" properties there now for most.

I have so many points with Best Western we rarely have to pay anything more than the state taxes when we stay there so we always stay there of course. As @HopperFan posted earlier ... The rooms at the BW are larger and all have balconies as well.

None of the properties are overly Disney, so if you are looking for that. No such luck I'm afraid. Nothing more to add from what everyone else has already hit on, I fully agree with as well.

We are staying at the BW for the first in a couple of weeks. All rooms have balconies? Thanks :)

I just spent five nights this past week at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. I've spent roughly 35 nights there over the past four years. I desperately want to like this hotel, as the location is incredible. Sadly, after this stay, I will likely never return.

There were lots of minor problems: No shower curtain liner, broken TV, no cups for the in-room coffee/tea, dirty washcloth and trash from previous guest, and a hotel operator who argued with me when I asked to speak with Housekeeping. As annoying as those things were, I could still live with them.

The deal-breaker was being woken up at 6:50am by someone using a leaf blower to clean the porte cochere area. When I went to the Front Desk to complain, I was told that they do that every day. Sure enough, it happened the following day at the same time. (For those who have never been, the porte cochere is only 30-40 feet from some guest room windows.)

The Front Desk associate told me that she wanted to "Make It Right". (That's the term the use for service recovery.) She said that a manager would contact me to discuss my concerns. I checked out three days later without every hearing from a manager.

Based on both this past stay and the fact that none of my previous ones were anything other than mediocre, I would not recommend the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. I'm a huge fan of both the DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista and the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. The employees at both of those hotels are exception, in my opinion.

I just spent five nights this past week at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. I've spent roughly 35 nights there over the past four years. I desperately want to like this hotel, as the location is incredible. Sadly, after this stay, I will likely never return.

There were lots of minor problems: No shower curtain liner, broken TV, no cups for the in-room coffee/tea, dirty washcloth and trash from previous guest, and a hotel operator who argued with me when I asked to speak with Housekeeping. As annoying as those things were, I could still live with them.

The deal-breaker was being woken up at 6:50am by someone using a leaf blower to clean the porte cochere area. When I went to the Front Desk to complain, I was told that they do that every day. Sure enough, it happened the following day at the same time. (For those who have never been, the porte cochere is only 30-40 feet from some guest room windows.)

The Front Desk associate told me that she wanted to "Make It Right". (That's the term the use for service recovery.) She said that a manager would contact me to discuss my concerns. I checked out three days later without every hearing from a manager.

Based on both this past stay and the fact that none of my previous ones were anything other than mediocre, I would not recommend the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. I'm a huge fan of both the DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista and the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. The employees at both of those hotels are exception, in my opinion.

With you, there is a reason the price on a regular basis is $89 (plus fees) in an attempt to wow you in.

My HOPE ....

- Doubletree Suites got beautiful renovations a couple years ago. LOVE those suites and all the windows. Dining needs some work to the organization of breakfast but it means I can sleep late.

- Now Hilton bought Buena Vista Palace and doing massive renovation to the entire hotel, pool etc. Once it is complete I hope it will be Hilton's answer to a "resort" type hotel on property. Of course it will probably mean resort fee and parking fee but if the amenities are there, the location can't be beat. (staying here next weekend and going to poke around)

- Once BVP is done, I am HOPING they finally will turn their pocketbooks to the Hilton. I get the whole owner thing but they still have to do what Hilton tells them to do. The rooms need a gut, the entire community space needs upgrades and the staff SURELY needs a complete training as to what good customer service is all about. Then they can go back to the prices they used to charge before they had to almost drag guests in off the streets.

The ONLY reason we go to Hilton LBV is to eat at Benihand :) Which to us is the best in the Orlando area for their chain.

I also agree with all the posts from both of you as well. They need to turn their heads (and wallets) to that property at some point.

Hilton just started a 25% off HHonors sale today. Buena Vista Palace starts at $74 for the days we are planning to go.

With you, there is a reason the price on a regular basis is $89 (plus fees) in an attempt to wow you in.

To be fair, I was only paying $71/night plus the $24/night resort fee. That's basically why I said I could put up with all the minor problems. But, the leaf blower before 7am is the last straw. I won't return even for $63 plus resort fee (which is the lowest rate I've ever had there).

I agree with your list of "hopes". Although, I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Hilton gets re-flagged after the Buena Vista Palace is completed. That way, the owner wouldn't have to put any money into the place.

Hilton just started a 25% off HHonors sale today. Buena Vista Palace starts at $74 for the days we are planning to go.

Although I didn't stay at the Buena Vista Palace this past week, I did drop-off/pick-up rental cars there. The property is still more construction site than hotel. There is still no lobby and the tiny pool that is still open now has a view of the tarps and heavy equipment. As I walked through the grounds mid-afternoon, I heard lots of jackhammers and the annoying beeps of trucks backing up.

I'm weary of it. I am going down this weekend and tried over and over to book the 25% off $74 rate, and even the 20% off $79 rate. Each time for days I would go through process and it would land me on no more "non-smoking" rooms for that price do you want to book "smoking". NOW the entire resort is non-smoking so why is that coming up. My sudden fear is they "were" smoking rooms and they have not been renovated yet so they are discounted further. Taking no chances of pay in advance for an old/smoking room I went with the AAA for $91 and hope for a decent room since we are Diamond.

I agree with your list of "hopes". Although, I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Hilton gets re-flagged after the Buena Vista Palace is completed. That way, the owner wouldn't have to put any money into the place.

Although I didn't stay at the Buena Vista Palace this past week, I did drop-off/pick-up rental cars there. The property is still more construction site than hotel. There is still no lobby and the tiny pool that is still open now has a view of the tarps and heavy equipment. As I walked through the grounds mid-afternoon, I heard lots of jackhammers and the annoying beeps of trucks backing up.

Yup, I could see a re-flag because they have let it go on way too long and maybe they knew at end of contract the owner was leaving. May be why there was no willingness to keep paying for EMH too. I wonder why there would be 3 Hiltons so tight together, for Honors guests they are competing with each other. I read last fall I think that one, maybe both International Embassy were potential changing flags when their contracts were up. The Hilton needs to do something, either up your quality to expectations or change brands.

We are staying at BVP for nothing more than a bed and easy walk to DS with low rate. $91 with no fees works for me for a few nights. This trip we have no use for lobby, pools etc so I was okay with the construction.

Last edited:
Regarding ownership of the Hilton- if I'm not mistaken, it's the same principal owner of the Swan/Dolphin. If that's still the case, I wonder why the properties are treated so differently.

i stayed at the Holiday Inn LBV last August and liked it. Friendly staff, nice room, good pool. On-site restaurant was very overpriced IMHO but you're a short walk from DS so not sure you'd be eating there, anyway.

We just got back from 12 nights at the BW. The rooms are a bit dated but they were clean and our bathroom looked to have been renovated recently. And the balcony was really nice. We had a Disney view so we could see all 3 fireworks. Everyone was friendly. We arrived at 10am and our room wasn't ready but we were checked in, they stored our luggage and off we were to Disney - their transportation was reliable and since the BW is the first pickup stop, we always had a seat. When we returned at 8:45pm to pick up our keys, we were told we were upgraded to Disney view and we should just hurry up to view the fireworks. They'd send the bellhop with our bags after Illuminations so we could enjoy the first of three fireworks. We didn't try the breakfast buffet they offer as I thought it wasn't worth the $14.99 they asked for it. Their cafe had nice breakfast sandwiches though for a decent price. We always averaged around $18 for breakfast for me and 3 kids.

It doesn't compare to say the Hilton Bonnet Creek where we also stayed for a few days but I have to say the Hilton also cost 4 times as much as we paid for the BW.

We'd definitely stay there again.

Regarding ownership of the Hilton- if I'm not mistaken, it's the same principal owner of the Swan/Dolphin. If that's still the case, I wonder why the properties are treated so differently.

I believe that is correct. The Swan, Dolphin, and Hilton Lake Buena Vista are all owned by the Tishman Group. They own several other high-profile hotels, like the Westin New York at Times Square and the Sheraton Grand Chicago. (List of Tishman hotels: http://tishman.com/portfolio/?property_category_id=3)

As for the differences in operations, I'd say there are two factors at play. First, these hotels are operated by different companies. The Hilton is managed by Hilton Hotels and the Swan/Dolphin are managed by Starwood Hotels. Different management companies will do things very differently. Although I don't like making generalizations, I'd say that Starwood tends to value guest service more than Hilton.

The other factor involves location and money. Due to their location, the Swan/Dolphin can sell their rooms at a premium price. Guests paying $200-300 (or more) each night will expect more than guests paying $71 like I did at the Hilton last week. Over time, the expected service level at a hotel gets institutionalized. Sadly, employees and managers at a lackluster hotel like the Hilton aren't going to go above and beyond to fix a problem. It's easier to maintain the status quo and simply offer a half-hearted apology before moving on to the next customer.

:offtopic:

I've never stayed at these hotels, but have considered them each trip. I have a question about their bus service to Disney Springs. Where is the drop off and pickup at Disney Springs. I understand that the bus to the parks is a further walk then WDW busses, and I'm thinking that this is true for Disney Springs too.

I've never stayed at these hotels, but have considered them each trip. I have a question about their bus service to Disney Springs. Where is the drop off and pickup at Disney Springs. I understand that the bus to the parks is a further walk then WDW busses, and I'm thinking that this is true for Disney Springs too.

Although I've stayed many times are various Disney Springs Hotels, I've only used the shuttle to Disney Springs once when it was raining. So, I'll defer to anyone with more experience. But, here's what I know:

The shuttles to Disney Springs from the 7 hotels only runs at night. (6pm to 2am, I think.) It is one bus that stops at all 7 hotels, starting at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. Since it's not a popular route, the stops only take about 2 minutes each. After the last hotel stop at the Buena Vista Palace, the shuttle proceeds to the far end of Disney Springs West Side just past the Cirque du Soleil theatre.

I don't believe there are other stops. But, I could be wrong. Also, things may have changed now that the new sections of Disney Springs have opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter