Disney Springs Night

hosler427

Mouseketeer
So we are going in January and as part of our Christmas present to my sister and brother in law we wanted to bring them out for a kid free night. They have a great 18 month old but every parent needs a break. My parents have volunteered to babysit for the evening while we bring them out.

My sister used to be a picky eater but she has expanded her horizons in recent years. My brother in law loves good food of all kinds. They will not appreciate a stuffy, pretentious atmosphere. With that said, I was curious what people think of Wine Bar George? The place seems like it would be very comfortable. How is the food?

Planning on doing some drinks and dessert following the meal. Any input? For reference, we are going to Raglan Road and Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' earlier this trip.

I havent been to too many DS restaurants so cant really recommend a place. I can say, however, I suggest staying away from Boathouse. Its loud and the food is nothing special (and a bit $$ for being mediocre at best). If the parents are trying to get a break, then maybe somewhere quieter....with better food!

Jock Lindsey’s would be a great place for a drink + appetizer too. A different environment then a lot of bars, pretty good music, not too noisy of an environment though

I love the Edison after 10. It’s super fun, feels distinctly adult, and was a lot of fun. I’ve been once with girlfriends and once on a date night and had a great time both times.

We are also big Jock Lindsey’s fans and that’s a more quiet atmosphere.

I love the Edison after 10. It’s super fun, feels distinctly adult, and was a lot of fun. I’ve been once with girlfriends and once on a date night and had a great time both times.

We are also big Jock Lindsey’s fans and that’s a more quiet atmosphere.

My wife and I went to Disney World by ourselves for the first time a couple years ago. Jock LIndsey's was one of our favorite places for the entire trip. We ended up going there three different afternoons/evenings. That was one thing I was considering as well. Wine Bar George followed by Jock Lindsey's for drinks and then Sprinkles for dessert. I was also consider Homecomin' for dessert and drinks as well

Anyone have any experiences at Wine Bar George?

Wine Bar George is great but its menu is small. My husband and I usually make a meal of the large charcuterie platter along with a bottle(s) of wine. We’ve done the meat meal (believe it was beef) and it was good. If the weather is good, asked to be seated upstairs on the patio - great people watching.
Don’t be intimidated by the wine list — they really want you to try and enjoy wine, so ask questions.

Wine Bar George is great but its menu is small. My husband and I usually make a meal of the large charcuterie platter along with a bottle(s) of wine. We’ve done the meat meal (believe it was beef) and it was good. If the weather is good, asked to be seated upstairs on the patio - great people watching.
Don’t be intimidated by the wine list — they really want you to try and enjoy wine, so ask questions.

Thank you for the feedback. I know they only have three entrees but I think splitting a couple between 4 of us or even 2-3 appetizers and see where the night goes from there. Personally I am not a wine drinker. I am a craft beer guy and I know they do carry some craft beer as well. My sister and wife can partake in the wine and my brother in law and I can enjoy a couple beers. The atmosphere seems to be very relaxing.

Thank you for the feedback. I know they only have three entrees but I think splitting a couple between 4 of us or even 2-3 appetizers and see where the night goes from there. Personally I am not a wine drinker. I am a craft beer guy and I know they do carry some craft beer as well. My sister and wife can partake in the wine and my brother in law and I can enjoy a couple beers. The atmosphere seems to be very relaxing.
It is. And the service is attentive without smothering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter