• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Springs QS Dining Plan Questions

eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
Hello! I am currently planning my favorite part about going to Walt Disney World... The food!
As of right now, I don't plan on going to Disney Springs for my trip. I had a rest day/half park day planned for the middle of my vacation... But I am starting to reconsider and change it to a Disney Springs/half park day instead. (We are going for 6 nights total.)

Get ready... I have a ton of questions!

We have the QS dining plan for our summer trip. I have been watching vlogs, reading reviews, and checking out menus for counter service restaurants. Should we actually go to Disney Springs, I have narrowed down our choices to D-Luxe Burger or The Polite Pig. Both menus and pictures look incredible!

I know with the 2018 QS dining plan that alcoholic beverages are included with your meal. Does this still apply to both of these places, or even Disney Springs in general? If so, do the alcoholic shakes count?

Also, I'd like to know if sides would be included on the plan. For example, if we went to D-Luxe Burger, would only our burgers and drinks be covered by our dining plan and the fries be out of pocket? Same for The Polite Pig: I see on their menu that their meals "from the smoker" include one side. However, it does not list that for their sandwich items. Same question: Would the sandwiches and drinks be covered by the plan and our sides be out of pocket?

Like I said, I haven't fully decided if we will make it over to Disney Springs for our trip. I purposefully planned an extra day for resting at the hotel because last summer my feet were killing me by the middle of the trip. But then I tell myself... I can rest at home. I am in Walt Disney World, dang it! :rotfl:

• Two quick-service meals – includes entrée or complete combo meal and beverage at breakfast, lunch or dinner (tax included). ...
  • Two snacks from a wide variety of options.
  • 2018 Disney Dining Plan Will Include Specialty Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

The above is an explanation of the 2018 QS dining plan

Polite Pig, their interpretation of a a combo meal would be "From the Smoker" or the "Salads" category with meat included. I see nothing about a side included for the sandwiches or that they currently offer an alcoholic shake. So for this specific restaurant the side would be extra with the sandwich.

D-Luxe Burger, all entrees require the purchase of a separate side unless you purchase a duo which comes w/ sides and fountain drinks which means all the specialty shakes would be OOP. Really want a shake? Order an entree only and seems it's included but still pay for sides OOP.

Here's a thread that talks about the Polite Pig and maybe useful to you:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-polite-pig-dining-plan.3659642/

HTH!

Polite pig’s entrees came with sides, D-luxe did not come with a side but you can get fries for a snack credit. D-luxe included the alcoholic shakes as the drink on the plan. They were great.

We made a decision! We’re going to forgo the intended hotel time and head on over to Disney Springs for a few hours before MK. We decided on D-Luxe Burger for lunch. Thank you everyone who helped by commenting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter