Disney Stands Up ............................

tarynsmom

Earning My Ears
This is my first real post so bear with me *lol*

We,myself,husband and 3 yr. old daughter,were on the DISNEY MAGIC Sept.5-12 land/sea package. So actually were were on the MAGIC from the 8th - 12th.
We were actually on Castaway Cay when tragedy struck. My husband came out to the beach looking like he'd been hit by a truck and told us what had happened and was still happening at the time.It was horrible............ I don't need to go into that,you all felt the same fears etc. as we did.
We were all worried about what this would mean to us,then,being on non-US soil etc........ the crew assured us we were fine. We went back to the ship to watch the news and then went back out for lunh. That BBQ is fantastic!!! Everybody walked around like they were sleepwalking,but there was nothing we could do and nowhere to go.
From what I understand,we had a double US Coastguard escourt back to the port.There was a helicopter. It was a little un nerving,I have never been on a cruise ship that went that fast!!! It was rocking and making time,the Captain wanted to get home!!!
We didn't know what to expect when we got back. Our flight was scheduled for 12PM from OIA to Philadelphia International on US AIR. Of course that was cancelled.Well,DISNEY put us up at the DISNEY ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE (giraffes and zebras and more right outside the veranda!!) They had us all checked in when we got there with hopper passes for the duration of our stay,since no one knew,at the time,how long that would be.
When we checked in they gave us a flight schedule for the next day at noon. We were petrified of flying,but so it goes.............
Our flight was cancelled the next day and a new key to the world card was issued. DISNEY kept in contact with the airlines and took care of us in every way. After vacation money started to get low,for food,they even took up to a local supermarket to get some supplies!!! I just can't say enough about how wonderful they were. We even joined the DISNEY VACATION CLUB as a result of how well they treat thier guests. So if anybody has any inside info on that,please let me know(such as hopper passes and prices and food and such not included in the DVC)
They transported us to the airport on Saturday and told us if anything happened,cancelled flight,to come back.................. They were wonderful in responce to this tragedy.
After the shock and jet lag(haha) wears off I'll tell more about the actual cruise,it was awsome as always....................

GOD BLESS THE USA
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO ALL WHOSE LIVES WERE SHATTERED ON SEPT.11,2001

brophy4@hotmail.com

We were with you on that cruise, too. We went to the Contemporary. Unbelieveable how well we were treated, isn't it?

The first couple of days we were in shock,of course. But to think back on it they didn't HAVE to treat us the way they did. Makes you proud of them and that's why we joined the DVC !! Did you have a good time otherwise?? I thought the cruise was great!! The rain just kept us on the ship,where all the fun was anyway!!! We went to Nassu for a little while,but mostly just enjoyed the ship and all it had to offer. 3yr. old DD LOVED the club!!! Could hardly get her out to be with us!!!:p

Glad you made it home safely. Great for you in joining DVC. Come over to the DVC board to get all your questions answered and meet a great group of people.

We were also on that cruise with you. We were scheduled for two extra days at AKL, but were given the park hopper passes for our stay also. Wasn't AKL just superb in handling everything? With the threat of hurricane Gabrielle hitting us also, they brought out their characters and had them playing with the kids all afternoon in the lobby. We can't express enough how Disney came through in helping everyone get through this horrifying experience.

Creditman~ There's a board just for DVC ?? I'll have to find that !! We have a lot of questions!!! Thanks!!

MickeyCanada~ The AKL was awesome!!! They were all great and showed us nothing but kindness. Hope you had a good time,I know we did !!! (pre-9/11)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter