Disney Store Big Sale Event??????????

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this would be the right board to post this question.........but.....
Has anyone heard if The Disney Store plans any big sale event for this weekend???
Last year they had the huge Mickey's Birthday celebration, which of course was not advertised!!! You know how they like to keep secrets!
So I only heard that "they have to do something to try and meet last years numbers!" at least that is what CMs are saying.

And has anyone heard anything for Thanksgiving weekend??? There has to be something coming up, but haven't heard anything yet.
A CM did say that they did away with the "Friends and Family" weekend this year! Not sure why?!

If anyone hears.......let us know.
:)

MBBP...do you know who it might be? and how many?
And I suppose you have to be there before opening!

But what about "sales"?? I did get a couple of the $10 off coupons for the following week :)
Thanks

The beanie isn't a give away - you have to buy it and you have to buy something else to be able to purchase the beanie..... and there is a very small amount of them per store ..... at least that's the latest I heard.

I know what the BB is supposed to be...and its NOT Pooh.

According to what I have read, the bean bag is supposed to a Minnie one. Why Minnie? I guess we will have to find out.

OT, but there was a cast member we spoke to not too long ago about the abundance of pooh, and little else, in the stores. She said that they had fired the buyer for the stores recently, but still had to get rid of all the junk he/she had inundated them with. Is this true, you guys always seem to know this stuff?

I say the change can't come soon enough for me, we hardly ever even stop by anymore.

:)

There's so much Pooh and slews of Pooh Beanies or so it seems anyway! I guess that we'll just have to see what happens.

I was sent a coupon for a free mini-snowglobe with any purchase between tomorrow and Sunday....now I'm even more curious and wanting to check it out!

If you have the brochure then you can buy anything and get a free snowglobe (the selection was much bigger than the 4 pictured on the brochure, including Snow White and Belle). If you don't then you can still get a snowglobe with a $25 purchase.
I bought the $29 Atlantis preview DVD, and got 1, then used my brochure bought Cinderella and Bear CDs (2/$15) and got another.
We got Cinderella and Belle.

There were very few snowglobes left at our local store last evening.....I had a choice of Piglet, Minnie, or Jack or Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas. We ended up with Piglet and Minnie...I might use the Minnie as a gift. Piglet is now on my "Pooh shelf"

Originally posted by snowgooseltd
The manager CM at our store told us, this evening, that the LE beanie was Pooh.

Noooo! Why does it have to be that "Slliy old bear" all the time? Not looking to start another Mickey/Pooh fistfight, but don't you think 100 acre wood stuff has gone overboard? I'm still shocked to see more Pooh bean bags unleashed upon the public.

If it were a Minnie one, I'm glad I stopped collecting the bean bags. They were space and cash intensive.

Quentin, I agree ..... enough of the Pooh already!!!
As for the mini-globes.......enough of that too! ........I thought that was over and done with last year when they had a BAZILLION in the store and some finally went down to 99 cents!!!
I didn't make it to the store this weekend, so didn't hear of any goods sales or promotions :(
I can't handle another Pooh beanie, so let's hope they come up with something better for the Big Thanksgiving weekend!!!
Anyone hear anything let us know. Or I may just skip TDS til next week to use my $10 coupon.
Thanks,

It could be that you are seeing Pooh this year, because it is that "Silly Old Bear's" 75th birthday. There is plenty of Christmas with Mickey this year, in fact, most is Mickey, with the Snowman Mickey motif on pajamas, dishes, cookie jars, and far more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter