Disney Store Coupon Special

TeenaS

DIS Veteran
Starting today (8/17) and ending 8/25 and while supplies last: For every $30 you spend (before tax and before discounts), you get a $10 off coupon good for shopping 9/1 through 9/8. Offer not valid on presales, art, park passes, Disney Dollars, telephone orders, etc. This is a really good deal so get on over to your nearest store. Once each store's coupons are gone, they're gone.

Happy shopping!

Thanks TeenaS. Had to go back today to exchange a shirt for a different size today.
I will return it and then buy 2 more make 3 shirts at almost $30 and then buy something little.
Going to WDW 8/26 and can't wait! :)

Last year, they gave us the coupons when we purchased our passes. I guess they are not doing that again this year. That worked really well. OR, can you not use the coupon on the passes but still get the coupon for buying the passes.

Boy, that was confusing :)
Thanks TeenaS

That's a good question. I'll ask my manager at our store when I work tomorrow night. When she called me with the deal today she said "not valid on park passes, Disney Dollars, etc." I took that as meaning if you purchased Disney Dollars and park passes, you would not get a $10 coupon for every $30 you spent purchasing the Disney Dollars and passes. However, maybe you will be able to use the $10 coupons you get from buying clothes, etc. (remember, you can only redeem them 9/1 through 9/8) on buying park passes. If you go to the store today, find out for us and I'll verify tomorrow night. It very well could turn into another mess like last year: some stores did it one way, some another way. Will be interesting!

Just got mine! Bought $50 worth of stuff for $35 after the sales and 20% off coupon PLUS the $10 giftcard for the first week in Sept! Yippee!
I know you can't use it to buy passes but don't know if you get them for buying passes.

:D

I have a question for you TeenaS:

Don't know if you can answer this or not but heard on the boards here last month that the Disney Stores would be having another big 75% off sale at the end of August. The Disney Store that is closest to me is about 45 minutes away and I would really like to wait until this sale to go. I am aware that most of their sales are on Thursdays. I hope they're not having one today because I won't be able to go but was wondering if they"ll be having one in the next few weeks???:confused:

Princess Crazy: Not much went down today. I wouldn't be surprised to see another big 75% off sale soon though. Last Thursday a few little things went down and probably today a few things went down too. But another big one is definitely due soon. I only work weekends but my manager usually calls me Thursday mornings at my real job and tells me if a big sale or "deal" is starting so I can let everybody know. Since the coupon deal only lasts until the 25th, perhaps the "BIG SALE" will start on the 30th - that's just a guess though. Check this Board and I'll post the minute I get the word from my manager on Thursday morning or feel free to e-mail me and I'll send you an e-mail the minute I hear.

Teena, sorry just back and didn't ask I forgot to.
We got our coupons last year after we purchased our passes but I guess not this year.
Oh well, let us know. Thanks.

When you get the $10 coupon, is there a minimum purchase to be able to use it in September? (I ask this because a few weeks ago, Gymboree ran a similar special where you got $25 gift certificate for every $50 you spent. Well, when you turn the certificate over, it says, "only valid with a $50 purchase".)

Thanks!
Beth

Nope, no minimum purchase! They told me I could get a $10 item at no charge!:D

I'm thinking you have to make a $30 purchase in Sept. to get the $10 off. So, it would be $30 worth of merchandise for $20.

Actually I think you can just get $10 worth of stuff at the store in September for free - from what Wonderlandmom said above.

Correct, $10 off ANY purchase. I was told this AND just reread my card! Good deal!:D

Hi Guys,
I worked last night and read EVERYTHING on these....
One small correction to Teena's post-- it is pre-tax-- but AFTER discounts, so if you use a Disney Club card on a $30 purchase, that would bring your total down to $27, so you would no longer qualify for the $10 coupon-- it says this on the big sign in the front door too....
Also, you can not EARN these by buying park passes, disney dollars, or GC, and you can't USE them on these same items either. ( plus you can't use them on Artwork--- we thought you couldn't earn them on artwork but read the requirements over and over tonight and you can earn on artwork, but can't spend on artwork....)
There is no minimum purchase to use them-- but if you buy something for $7 and use the coupon, that's it, no Merch credit or change back.
You can only redeem one of these coupons per purchase-- ie you can't use $20 or $30 worth at one time.

I think that covers it-- I'll be glad to answer any other questions.... oh yeah-- as one poor guest tried to do-- if you purchase a $29.99 costume-- that will not get you a coupon, so pick up a really small item to add to your purchase :)

Hope this helps
Kathi

Is the $10 for every purchase over $30 or $10 certificate for EVERY $30 increment? I f it is the latter then I should have gotten
7 certificates, NOT one. Ugh! I'd hate to think I walked away from $60. Thanks for any info. re: my situation. :(

I got 2 today for a $60 purchase.I would call the store You defintiely should have gotten more than one.

$30 in purchases = 1 $10 certificate. For every increment of $30 you would earn another $10 certificate i.e. if you spent $120 (excluding tax) you would get 4 certificates. If you spent $70 you would be entitled to 2 having to bump up to $90 to get a third certificate.

That is correct, our SOP says one per $30 spent ( pre tax and after discount blah blah, etc :) )
But you can only CASH IN one per transaction.

That's funny mickey4ever-- great minds and all that! We posted at the exact same minute!
Kathi

When it says not valid on tickets does that mean if you buy your tickets you don't get the $1o per 30 spent? Or does it mean you can't use the $10 coupon on tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter