Disney Store Employee Discounts

A

Amelie Laurino

Hi. I was wondering if Disney Store Employees received discounts on anything? I was wondering if people who work at the Disney Store got discounts on park passes or on-site hotels? Looking for ways to cut costs so maybe we can go during the 100 Year Celebration next year!!! Thanks.

Amelie

Hi! TDS Cast Members get into WDW for free. They also receive four one-day passes per year (2 every six months). You can also purchase a certain number discount passes each year - the discount has been reduced many times over the last couple of years - I don't think the discount is much greater than a DC discount.

With respect to hotel rooms, CM's can receive up to 50% off depending on availability. If the 50% discount is not available, the discount is 25%.

You also receive your discount on park merchandise and sit down restaurants (not counter service). Stroller rental is free, Disney Quest is 50% discount.... hmmm... I am sure that I am missing some others.... hope this helps.

Do think that if I go to work for an Airline I could get Discounted Airfare??? That's what kills our budget!! By the time I pay $400. x 3 it's a big chunk of the budget!!lol!!

Does it matter how long you've been an employee at TDS before you get the discounts?

Your store discount (20%) is immediately. I was Seasonal and then came on regular part-time after the holidays, and I was able to make CM rate hotel reservations immediately after the first of the year.

It does take a little time to get your permanent CM ID which is required to get discounts at WDW.

I don't know what time frame you are thinking, but you do not have to be there 3 or 6 months, etc., to get benefits if that is what you were wondering.

Maybe they should put a waiting period on it to discourage those that get hired just to take a trip to WDW and then quit. Fellow CM's really do not appreciate that mentality at all. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Once you start to work at TDS, you appreciate the benefits (if you are a WDW fan) that it is hard to think about leaving aand giving those up.

The only reason I asked actually was because I already work a full time job so working at TDS would be a 2nd job for 1) extra money and 2) benefits/discounts. I was thinking even if I worked just a Saturday a week it wouldn't be too bad. It's just an idea I've been tossing around for a while now. :D

Well, I actually do that exact thing, except you really do not get to choose when you work. You can state availability--such as evenings and weekends, but you may be scheduled on any day, not just Saturdays. Right now I am working about one3-5 hour shift a week, and throughout the summer it isn't too bad as we have lots of CM teachers who like the extra hours. Starting around Halloween it really picks up a lot and you must be available for up to 3 shifts per week. Keep in mind that the policies seem to vary from Region to Region as to what you must commit to do. All in all, it is not so bad putting in a couple of shifts per week to get those benefits, especially if you like to go to WDW.

It took me 3 years to make up my mind to work at TDS, but I had said for many years that I would work for Disney in some shape, form or fashion before I died. I wish I had done it sooner.

Just so you know, I believe the amount of hours that you are required to be available to work each week has increased. I know, at least for our store, weekend availability is mandatory. I.E. we must be available to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Many of us now give 6 days/week availability. You may want to check on this before seriously considering applying.

I've been thinking about applying to our Disney Store (in Canada). My availability isn't great. I work PT a couple nights a week, weekends are out and daytime isn't good with my kiddies. That basically leaves me maybe 2 nights a week availability.

I would work there FREE to be around Disney stuff all the time LOL!

HHUUMMMM! Now I am thinking about applying ~

Go for it. Requirementss vary from region to region and in what each store does. Go talk to them, see if they are hiring, you never know.

Good luck

I believe each store has different business needs and of course, different availabilities from their CM's. I know the MINIMUM availability is 3 shifts a week, some stores may require more. Also, at least ONE of those shifts must be a weekend. I have a 40 hr. week full time job, so i have full evening availability and full morning/night availability on weekends. It is definitely worth my 1-2 shifts i get to be there. During the holidays, this can increase to 3-4 shifts a week and very late hours. After 3 years, your discount jumps to 35%, stays 20% on your meals. You get little extras like free lockers and strollers, backstage access at the parks to buy exclusive CM merchandise, this includes the lost and found areas.
I have added on to my DVC 3 times with my 15% discount on points. When they gave us free park admission, we all thought it was too good to be true, but it's been over a year now and it is still happening! It's really fun to help others spend their money and help plan their trips to the world. Good Luck if you decide to go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter