• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Summer Virtual Series 2021

Hate to say this, but I was really underwhelmed with the theme this year. Never been a huge Lion King fan. Giving it a pass.

And since we're hoping to spend Christmas with our daughter this year, probably not going to make it to Marathon Weekend, which is a bummer. I've been wanting to do it again for a few years, but...(helpless shrug).

have one chrome window and one chrome incognito window open and STILL on the Thank You for your patience Hold Page.... uggg I just want a 2021 Run Disney Medal... beginning to regret getting a refund for the marathon 10K

I got in and registered through Chrome. I'm still waiting on my confirmation email, though.

Edit: My registration confirmation email just came through.

I haven't gotten an e-mail yet either. Just printed out the last page with my confirmation number.

I printed mine to PDF, and it shows in my runDisney account, and the email did come through. It wasn't as instant as the confirmation page would lead you to believe! I think there system is just a touch bogged down.

I wasn't going to register because I have a backlog of virtual events I haven't completed, but runDisney medal FOMO gets me every time. :headache:

Sat down at my computer about five minutes ago and the alert popped up -- D'OH! I'm on two browsers and my phone, all with "Thanks for your patience" screens.

Success in NH! I was able to register myself, DH and my son in Rhode Island (who is stuck in meetings) and is the one encouraging us to be better about running. We did our first virtual Disney 5k in January (while we were in the Bahamas!) so we are very excited!

My sister came home while I had four screens open. She logs on and gets through in about 3 minutes... but got in and got the email!!

do we think multiple screens/devices is helpful or hurtful?
I hit one chrome and one incognito chrome at 945 when things went live
another chrome and incognito chrome just after 10
than edge and safari 18 mins ago when the first person here said they got in and still spinning wheel of doom

I'm in for the challenge!

I did the 1st one back in 2017 but not since then. I've been working hard this year to lose weight and get in shape so I'm using this as added motivation! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter