Disney surprise swap: Heading Home to You

NemoMom07

Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!
General Information:

I just love the surprise swaps here on the board. I love the thrill of “what will it be” in the box anticipation. I also love just being able to create whatever idea I have running in my head or change it. This will be my second swap to host, but my first where I will be mailing everything back to you. If something seems a little off or there is a better way I can do something please just let me know. My goal is to have fun being a part of this swap and making sure it runs smoothly.

The general idea of this swap is to make 5 elements for each group you have signed up for in a particular category. So one element pp in your group. You can use your stash and mix and match your elements or make all 5 identical. You can also mix and match your element choice for each group. Only one thing do not make more than 5 of the same item. Basically if you sign up for 5 different groups in a category do not make 25 of the same element. Also you have the opportunity to use the “pass it forward” concept on our swap board.This opportunity will have its own category. So only use "pass it forward items in the catagory and none of the others. If there is a swap item from previous swaps you have received and you just do not know how to fit it into one of your books you can trade it out here. I am sure someone (me included) would be okay with you passing something they have made to someone else so they may be able to use it. We all have different dynamics to our Disney trips and family life styles so not all our swap items we use can fit into our albums. I do not think there will be any hurt feelings on this idea. I certainly hope not. It is not meant to be thought of that way. Just a way to share more of our talent for others.

**Remember please DO NOT make more than 5 duplicate items per category. You can make 3 of one item and 3 of another if you want to use your stash to fill a group. ** For example you can make 3 titles and 2 paper piecings or all 5 can be different or the same.

Each “group” will consist of 5 elements. If you sign up for 1 group you will make 5 elements to receive 5 back.

You can sign up for as many groups you want in a particular category. When you sign up just put down the Group Name and Letter and let me know how many groups you would like to be in. I will keep a tally and once the swap is closed put every one into their individual groups. This way I can mix us all up in the groupings and we will not have the same people in every group we sign up. We will have some of the same, but not all the same. I know we all love each others work and would like to have something from everyone. When all finalized I will post under each Groups the individual groups and names of those in your group.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency). I will pm everyone with my information for mailing to me.

Mailing Information:
Mail Date: November 16th
Due Date: November 23 (arrives at my house)

Since this is my second swap,my first to mail back, I am going to give myself several days to swap out and mail out. I will most likely do it at night after my overactive 3 yr ds goes to bed. So my plan is to have them mailed out on Friday(Nov. 27) and Saturday (Nov.28). I wanted some extra time to re check everything several times to make sure I get it right...

Packaging:

Please place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag labeled with your DIS name, real name, Group number. Place all your baggies for ONE group in a GALLON size bag and labeled the same. Please use a gallon size bag, because your pieces may fit in a smaller bag, but the pieces you are getting back may be bigger.

Postage:
You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after November 16th, then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Standard box – $10.35, Large - $13.95. Please send a return label filled out, so to prevent any mailing errors. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible for postal errors.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

Details:

1. Choose a group, or multiple groups.
2. Choose ONE element for each “group” you select – see the list below. Don’t Post your choices of elements. It will be fine if some of the elements duplicate within a group. Just think about what you want to receive back as you make your element selections.
3. You all know the rules of the swaps nothing new on this one. Make your items the kind of quality you would be proud to showcase in your own it
4. There is a category set up where you can "pass it forward" previous swap items.You can take this opportunity and use swap items that you have received from previous swaps here on the board and “pass them forward”. Sometimes we just can not use every wonderful item we get back, so it is nice to be able to pass it onwards, so it may find a home where it would find a place in someones album. These items must follow the element requirements listed. Please use the category for this concept only...not in any of the other categories.

Please note:
• Each item must be embellished at least once. Some suggestions for embellishing are using die cuts, stickers, flock, glitter, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, paper tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, or additional layers of paper beyone the required double mats. I am sure there are some ideas you may have for embelling that is not listed, so please feel free to share your ideas.
• NO handwritten lettering on any items. Please use computer fonts, rub-ons, stickers or stamps. (you may use glaze pens, stickles, watercolor pencils to enhance your elements on top of the fonts)

Element Choices:

Choice one element from the list below and embellished at least once, you may embellish more if you like.
You may mix and match elements (example: 1 photo mat and 1 journal box = 1 element).

Title/Topper – options include the standard 8x2 (up to 12x2), tag, borders, letters on squares or other shapes, welded letters. Please double-mat or shadow.
Photo Mats: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo without cropping. Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these. Please be sure that your embellishment does not infringe upon the placement of the photo.
Journal Box: 2PP at least a 3x3 writing area, triple matted (the writing area is the 3rd layer) and embellished
Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and embellished another way in addition to either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both....
Embellished shapes: 3PP min. size of 1 ½ x 1 ½ or larger, double matted and embellished. You can use any kind of shape such as flowers, cirles, squares, or whatever your choosing. If you feel the shape would not look write double matted you can add an extra embellishment (ie. inking, tearing, etc) or make an extra shape or throw in something extra.
Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if mini sized, embellished. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook.
Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag embellished and should also have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please (not a single layer die cuts)
License Plate: 1PP be creative please
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished, print area should be no smaller than 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, can be larger
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones
ATC: 1pp. Should measure 2.5x3.5. Please be creative and use different mediums to make your ATC. Do not slap a sticker on it and call it done.
Inchies: 1x1 embellished square on chipboard or mat board. 4pp

Check In Dates:

After closing of sign ups(Aug. 21) please verify that I have you in the correct amout of groups for each category you signed up for.
First check in date: September 20 :wizard:
Second check in date: October 11 pirate:
Final check in date November 1 princess:
Mail Date: November 16
Arrives at my house by: November 23 :cheer2:

Angels:
I understand completely if something happens during this swap and you need to angel out your spots. Please let me know asap if you see that you will not be able to complete your groups in time. You never know what Life has instore for us when we sign up for our swaps. I diffently know this one this year. If you have some of your groups complete, but not all we can just angel the spots not complete that way you still can be a part of this swap.

Please make sure you check in on the dates listed above. If I do not hear from you a week after the check in date I will angel out your spots, so we can keep things rolling for everyone involved.

Also I would prefer we not post our finished elements in this swap since it main theme is "surprise". I love seeing everything throughout the process, but I want to keep it a "surprise". I will take pictures of every thing made and post pictures after I have mailed off all the boxes.

Groups:

See Post #2 for Group List

Players:

duchess_tisha princess:
Arizona Rita :cheer2:
DisneyIsTerrific: :cheer2:
Tyniknate :cheer2:
AlexWyattMommy :cheer2:
123SA :cheer2:
PirateTink :cheer2:
LaWannaYeager princess:
Michi Belle :cheer2:
DisneyBarlans :cheer2:
MorgansMom2000 :cheer2:
rlovew ::car: heading back home
NemoMom07 :cheer2:

Group A: General Disney

1. Tyniknate
2. 123SA
3. duchesstisha
4. AWM
5. NemoMom07

Group A1:

1. 123SA
2. Arizona Rita
3. Disney Is Terrific
4. Duchess Tisha
5. Tyniknate

Group A2:

1. NemoMom07
2. 123SA
3. AWM
4. Tyniknate
5. Mariiee

Group A3:

1. Pirate Tink
2. Arizona Rita
3. Disney Is Teriffic
4. Tyniknate
5. Mariiee

Group B: Disney Holiday (any celebration at the parks)

1. Tyniknate
2. NemoMom07
3. AWM
4. 123SA
5. LaWanna Yeager

Group B1:

1. Tyniknate
2. 123SA
3. NemoMom07
4. AWM
5. Disney Barlans

Group C: Holiday (non-disney)

1. Disney Is Terrific
2. Arizona Rita
3. 123SA
4. Pirate Tink
5. NemoMom07

Group C1:

1. Arizona Rita
2. 123SA
3. NemoMom07
4. AWM
5. Michi Belle

Group C2:

1. Michi Belle
2. 123SA
3. duchess tisha
4. AWM
5. Disney Is Terrific

Group D: Anything Goes (non-disney)

1. Disney Is Terrific
2. NemoMom07
3. Pirate Tink
4. Duchess Tisha
5. Michi Belle

Group E: Disney Paper Piecing

1. Pirate Tink
2. 123SA
3. Duchess Tisha
4. La Wanna Yeager
5. NemoMom07

Group E1:

1. 123SA
2. NemoMom07
3. La Wanna Yeager
4. AWM
5. Disney Barlans

Group F: Anything Goes Paper Piecing

1. AWM
2. Arizona Rita
3. Pirate Tink
4. 123SA
5. NemoMom07

Group G: Disney Photo Mats

1. AWM
2. Duchess Tisha
3. Arizona Rita
4. LaWanna Yeage
5. NemoMom07

Group G1:

1. NemoMom07
2. 123SA
3. Arizona Rita
4. Duchess Tisha
5. Tyniknate

Group G2:

1. 123SA
2. Tyniknate
3. LaWanna Yeager
4. AWM
5. NemoMom07

Group H: Anything Goes Photo Mats

1. AWM
2. 123SA
3. NemoMom07
4. duchess tisha
5. MM2000

Group H1:

1. 123SA
2. NemoMom07
3. duchess tisha
4. Arizona Rita
5. MM2000

Group I: Pass It Forward Items

1. Disney Is Terrific
2. Arizona Rita
3. NemoMom07
4. rlovew

Group I1:

1. Disney Is Terrific
2. Arizona Rita
3. NemoMom07

:cool1:

I'd like 2 in General Disney A
1 in Disney Holiday B
1 Anything Paper Piecing F
2 Disney Mats G
1 Anything Mats H

Thanks!

PS- at the very end when you are figuring out groups - please feel free to add me where you need. I have stuff to make everything. :thumbsup2

PS- at the very end when you are figuring out groups - please feel free to add me where you need. I have stuff to make everything. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Gotcha added and thank you for helping be a filler. I got you and 123SA wrote down to help out on those filler uper groups.

Quick question before I sign up...for the paper piecing category, are Cricut layered characters, etc acceptable?
Thanks, this looks like fun. I loved the last surprise swap so I'm looking forward to this one too.

Mornin Shawn!
Are you ready for me? I have a few questions.
I have a few things that are for sure "Pass It ON" Can those things stay as a set since they were made as a set and I keep everything together until I use it? That would be 3 different sets. Do I need to come up with 2 more to make5?
I have a set of Christmas tags I made (5), non Dis. Is that PIF or would that go into Holidays?
I have Toppers I made (5). Same question.
People have recieved these item from me before, possibly, so I dont understand if its a PIF or new grouping.
So now Im going to sign up for new groups and you can give me your answer when you have time.
You MUST be a super organizer! Good luck!
:hippie:

Here's what I'd like:

Group A General Disney - 2 groups
Group C Holidays - 1 group
Group D Anything Goes (non Disney) - 1 group
Group I Pass It Forward - 2 groups

Thanks for hostessing!

Quick question before I sign up...for the paper piecing category, are Cricut layered characters, etc acceptable?
Thanks, this looks like fun. I loved the last surprise swap so I'm looking forward to this one too.

Absolutely they are acceptable. I am planning on using some of my new carts for some of my groups. I may "tweek" them a little to give something a little different.

Fo0r right now:
Group a=1
Group c=1
Group g=1
Group f=1

Im sure thee will be more.
And I love that this is not due until November!
Thanks!
AZR

Mornin Shawn!
Are you ready for me? I have a few questions.
I have a few things that are for sure "Pass It ON" Can those things stay as a set since they were made as a set and I keep everything together until I use it? Yes. Keeping them as a set would be best. That is what I am doing with mine. That would be 3 different sets. Do I need to come up with 2 more to make5?Yes you would need 2 more, but you can make 2 or use 2 of extras you have made for a different swap. They do not just have to be someone else's.
I have a set of Christmas tags I made (5), non Dis. Is that PIF or would that go into Holidays?
I have Toppers I made (5). Same question.
People have recieved these item from me before, possibly, so I dont understand if its a PIF or new grouping.
With the help from others I made the PIF its own group, because those getting a spot in that category are taking on a gamble of receiving something they have received before. It was best to leave it in its own group so in other groups people would not be receiving something they have gotten out of another swap. I was asked by another if they could use something like they made for a different swap and I think it would be fine. So to your question, since you made them (not someone else) they could go into either category. The PIF is mainly for all those gorgeous swap items we get from others and we just are not able to use them in our books. I have lots of Mickey stuff , but I only have so many Mickey pictures.
So now Im going to sign up for new groups and you can give me your answer when you have time.
You MUST be a super organizer! Good luck!Thanks. Trying to keep up, but my little ds just wants to do this or that, so got to help him out. Hope this helps answer your questions, if not just let me know.

Okay I got both DIT and AR added in to the total. Thanks gals.

AR I am going back to get my responses to your questions highlighted in a different color so you can read it better right now. My dh called and knocked my off line and then the ds3 is right here wanting to paint, so I need to go back and fix that.

Great!
Please sign me up for one in each of these groups:

- General Disney
- Holiday - non-Dis
- Anything Goes - non-Dis
-Disney Paper Piecing
-Anything Goes - Paper Piecing

thanks so much!

OK, I think I got it. In addition to what I have please add:
1 non Dis Holiday
1 General Dis( thanks for the suggestion, I know what to add)
1 PIF, but I can add 2 things I made to make 5, right?

(I think I will end up in 10 groups by the end!:cool1:)

Great!
Please sign me up for:

- General Disney
C - Holiday - non-Dis
D - Anything Goes - non-Dis
E.

Thanks for joining in on the fun. Did you want to sign up for just one group in each of those categories? Just want to double check before I go and post it.

Thanks for joining in on the fun. Did you want to sign up for just one group in each of those categories? Just want to double check before I go and post it.

sorry about that - you must have seen it before I edited my post.
I edited my post for sign ups because I accidentally hit the tab and then enter buttons so it posted before I finished.
Now it's correct - 1 group each for now in General Dis., Holiday - non Dis, Anything Goes -non dis, Disney PP and Anything Goes PP.

Thanks!
Michelle

OK, I think I got it. In addition to what I have please add:
1 non Dis Holiday
1 General Dis( thanks for the suggestion, I know what to add)
1 PIF, but I can add 2 things I made to make 5, right?

(I think I will end up in 10 groups by the end!:cool1:)

I went and updated to what you added, but please make sure I got it right. Okay?:thumbsup2

I'd like the following groups please

Grp A General Disney: 3
Grp B Disney Holiday: 3
Grp C: Holiday 3
Grp E: Disney PP: 2
Grp F: Any PP:1
Grp G: Disney Mats:2
Grp H: ANy Mats:2

And yes, that is the scaled down version...I actually wanted more:rotfl2:

I am good fo filling in with any grp (and I may be back to add more:rolleyes:)

I was wondering where you were at... if it is like me the kiddos:laughing: and the phone. What a day already.

I will go and get you added and I have you and AWM as filler upers listed on my notebook. Maybe I should have done a scale backed version..?HMMMM . Oh I joined Group C just because of what you showed me yesterday...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter