Disney tattoos?

I have a tattoo of Simba on my left arm that I received when I was 19. It is the scene when Simba sticks his head through the bush to look like a grown up lion in I just can't wait to be king! I love it though I wish I would have put it somewhere else.

I'm going to get one, I have been thinking about it for a few years now. In June I actually made it into the tattoo shop but they were full and closing soon so they had no time. The next day I felt too chicken again! LOL! But I want one and DH is a fan, he has one (not Disney). I have an anklet I wear with a Mickey Head that is sort of a swirly design. That is what I want to get. Something small but pretty and meaningful to me.

Allyson :)

Boy after reading this thread, I really want to get the Tinker Bell on my lower back. My DH thought I was nuts when I said that I wanted to get my belly button pierced for the 45th. I told him it was either that or a tattoo. He could not believe that I wanted a tattoo. After I got my belly button pierced, he asked me about getting a tattoo. He wanted to make sure it wasn't because I was getting older. I told him that I've had wanted one since I was in my 20's. I just never got around to it and never discussed it with too many people.

I found an applique of exactly what I want. It's just Tink leaning on her arms, so all you see is her wings, head and arms. I figure right above my jeans line would be perfect. I wouldn't mind a small Mickey head on my shoulder. I was thinking about getting one for my 50th, but I might get it before that, maybe next year and then get the Mickey head for my 50th.

Okay, I don't feel so bad now - I'm 48 and just started wanting a tattoo about a year ago, but feel like I'm too old. I haven't gotten one yet because I want to be positive I won't change my mind, so maybe for my 50th? ;)

Okay, I don't feel so bad now - I'm 48 and just started wanting a tattoo about a year ago, but feel like I'm too old. I haven't gotten one yet because I want to be positive I won't change my mind, so maybe for my 50th? ;)

I brought my mom to get her first tattoo a couple weekends ago, and she's 44. =)

Oh, just do it!
I was actually 21 when I got my first..... a very small rose over my heart. but it was 25 years later till I got my sorcerer Mickey on my right ankle.... which I had wanted for a really long time.
then I also got the mother/child symbol on my wrist and now I am 50 and want to get another for the other ankle.:thumbsup2

I'm planning to ink the Dragon Mickey before out next trip in Nov., only question is where since I want to show it off while there. Have a cross on the left shoulder so I don't want to do anything on the right. Maybe the right forearm will do or the back of my neck, not sure yet.

I'm planning to ink the Dragon Mickey before out next trip in Nov., only question is where since I want to show it off while there. Have a cross on the left shoulder so I don't want to do anything on the right. Maybe the right forearm will do or the back of my neck, not sure yet.

How about your ankle???????
Deb

I am not single I just hit this blog looking around. I have multiple tattos and at this time only one Disney but it is cool, I have a appt to get a full sleave to finish this idea up. The tatto was a creation of IN YOUR FACE tatto owner Gavin Bowe in FOND DU LAC WI he is really into his own designs, he free handed my tatto in 10 minutes.

DSC01332.jpg

quick question for those that have gotten a tat on the lower back. How painful was it? My DH doesn't think I will be able to handle getting it.

quick question for those that have gotten a tat on the lower back. How painful was it? My DH doesn't think I will be able to handle getting it.

My tattoo that crosses my spine on my lower back wasn't too bad but I did feel it. :) The ones I have on my lower side of my back and my thigh I hardly felt at all - no pain, just a "weird" sensation. :laughing: However, I do have a very high pain threshold, so be aware that everyone is different.

My best advice is to breathe normally when getting a tattoo and try to relax as much as possible. :thumbsup2

My tattoo that crosses my spine on my lower back wasn't too bad but I did feel it. :) The ones I have on my lower side of my back and my thigh I hardly felt at all - no pain, just a "weird" sensation. :laughing: However, I do have a very high pain threshold, so be aware that everyone is different.

My best advice is to breathe normally when getting a tattoo and try to relax as much as possible. :thumbsup2

Yes, definitely breathe!! lol, my artists knows me very well by now and often reminds me to breathe!

I have a birthmark on my lower left leg and I had a laser treatment to it a few years ago and it felt like a bunch of needle sticks. This laser treatment was different than ones I had in the past, those went deeper and so they really numbed my leg & foot. This time, the person just used a topical cream. It wasn't too bad.

My DH doesn't think I have a high pain tolerance. I would say it is moderate to high.

Thank you to all who answered.

I have one on my lower left on the back, and also one above my right shoulder blade. I can tell you that it is different for EVERYONE. Everyone has different pain tolerance levels. Some people will say xxx hurt the most, others say xxx hurt.. I'm sure if you looked you could find every single body part/area mentioned as hurting the most.

I went with my coworker/friend when she got four tiny horseshoes on her foot, and she has a very low pain tolerance. She said it hurt, but it wasn't bad and she dealt with it.. and that's close to the bones.

It feels like being repeatedly stung by bees to me. Both of my tattoos took an hour of actual ink time and neither were painful. Honestly the most "painful" part is hearing the tattoo machine turn on, that buzzing can be intimidating if you're nervous. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter