Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well some are being told just as I was that if you canceled the reservation that gave the advantage then all Fastpasses associated with that reservation would be cancelled. So I took this to mean leading reservations are chopped too (if indeed split stays are working for all reservations). I hope they are as that is total gaming and not what Disney intendeds. I would love to see DIS even disallow any discussion on future “loopholes” since Disney has made it clear with these changes what they mean to allow. Have we confirmed split stays are working for cash reservations (non club level)? I only know it’s been confirmed for DVC and those using DSS. Yesterday normal cash reservations weren’t working.

To the bolded:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. Disney has done a very poor job of making it clear what they mean to allow. This very thread is proof of that.

To the bolded:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. Disney has done a very poor job of making it clear what they mean to allow. This very thread is proof of that.
I think they were clear that abusing the fastpass system isn’t intended to be allowed. So any unique things one does to go above and beyond the reservation they intend on keeping is a loophole and in my opinion Disney doesn’t want to allow. That was more what I was saying. Many DIS moderators were saying leading reservations and throwaway rooms could be allowed because Disney wasn’t clear on if that was allowed. But the changes are clear on those items. Especially if split stays still are treated as two separate reservations.

I think they were clear that abusing the fastpass system isn’t intended to be allowed. So any unique things one does to go above and beyond the reservation they intend on keeping is a loophole and in my opinion Disney doesn’t want to allow.

Fair enough. I can’t disagree with you there. My only point is that Disney has done a very poor job of communicating exactly what their intentions were with these new FP booking changes.

There are also new changes to the FP system with regard to any connected family and friends that may be checking in on a different date than others in their group. Or perhaps locals that will be joining family and friends in the parks. I have not seen these new changes discussed here in this thread. Nor have I seen any announcements from Disney about these changes. This leaves guests to “discover” them on their own when their booking windows open. In my opinion, this was a missed opportunity for Disney to clearly and effectively communicate these new changes.

Disney is notorious for not announcing changes and details. They kinda prefer to not have anything black and white that can be leveraged against them. Or, more likely, dont want too many details out there because defining the exact limitations is what gives people the means to find loopholes.

Fair enough. I can’t disagree with you there. My only point is that Disney has done a very poor job of communicating exactly what their intentions were with these new FP booking changes.

There are also new changes to the FP system with regard to any connected family and friends that may be checking in on a different date than others in their group. Or perhaps locals that will be joining family and friends in the parks. I have not seen these new changes discussed here in this thread. Nor have I seen any announcements from Disney about these changes. This leaves guests to “discover” them on their own when their booking windows open. In my opinion, this was a missed opportunity for Disney to clearly and effectively communicate these new changes.

I don't want to get off topic, but what changes have happened? Or can you point me in the direction to read for myself? I have family who will be joining later, so want to make sure these changes aren't going to affect-thanks!

Yes I have seen stuff about those too.

@rteetz - there’s a lot of talk here about loopholes and circumventing the system and leading reservations or throwaways or accessing FPs at 60 days as an off-site visitor. Of course there is also some relevant items being discussed. At what point does the DIS concede that Disney has made a change and these “Loopholes” shouldn’t be discussed here? I’m not trying to cause issues but how is some of this discussion much different from that whole SDFP thing that blew up awhile back?

Ah how that brings back some memories....

This is so beyond frustrating that split stays are now two separate windows. For those of us who are NOT trying to game the system and just staying at two different places during their trips are now just SOL? Guess I won't be getting a FOP FP on day 60 for my second hotel stay which would have been day 60+5 for my whole trip. This is just so ridiculous!!!

And I can't even change what I have booked because I rented dvc points. Guess the jokes on me

I don't want to get off topic, but what changes have happened? Or can you point me in the direction to read for myself? I have family who will be joining later, so want to make sure these changes aren't going to affect-thanks!

The way the umbrella works has changed.

Overall, a lot has changed with respect to the FP booking window procedure. The one thing no one has seen (yet?) is any cancelled fast passes.

This is so beyond frustrating that split stays are now two separate windows. For those of us who are NOT trying to game the system and just staying at two different places during their trips are now just SOL? Guess I won't be getting a FOP FP on day 60 for my second hotel stay which would have been day 60+5 for my whole trip. This is just so ridiculous!!!

And I can't even change what I have booked because I rented dvc points. Guess the jokes on me
Perhaps someone can confirm, but it has been reported that this change will not apply to DVC stays. I am not sure if rented vs owning makes a difference.

The way the umbrella works has changed.

Overall, a lot has changed with respect to the FP booking window procedure. The one thing no one has seen (yet?) is any cancelled fast passes.

I was told umbrella still worked, have you seen otherwise?

I was told umbrella still worked, have you seen otherwise?

It still works. But it behaves differently in a few ways:

1. Once booked, you cannot modify FPs for anyone not on the resort reservation.
2. The system won't let you de-select people on the reservation and keep booking the FP (like it used to).

and a few other weird things it's doing... unclear what is intentional. Which is why it would be nice if Disney would let us know how it's supposed to work and what we should/shouldn't be able to do...

It still works. But it behaves differently in a few ways:

1. Once booked, you cannot modify FPs for anyone not on the resort reservation.
2. The system won't let you de-select people on the reservation and keep booking the FP (like it used to).

and a few other weird things it's doing... unclear what is intentional. Which is why it would be nice if Disney would let us know how it's supposed to work and what we should/shouldn't be able to do...

Should this remain on the board? I feel this is directly against the requirement that the 60 day booking is for guests onsite. Perhaps @rteetz can confirm

I hope it doesn’t work and was closed. But the policy has always been only guest staying onsite get the 60 day advantage. So not sure why Disney didn’t close that earlier or hasn’t it it isn’t.

People swear that Disney intends the umbrella to exist. Disney has never, to my knowledge, even mentioned the existence of it.

Which again, is why it would be great if Disney would let us know what is fair game and what isn't.

Should this remain on the board? I feel this is directly against the requirement that the 60 day booking is for guests onsite. Perhaps @rteetz can confirm

If the umbrella is now verboten, you'd have to also delete a lot of the FP FAQ in TPAS. My understanding is that disboards has the position that the umbrella is an intended feature.

People swear that Disney intends the umbrella to exist. Disney has never, to my knowledge, even mentioned the existence of it.

Which again, is why it would be great if Disney would let us know what is fair game and what isn't.
This is allowing guests not staying onsite which seems opposite of when Disney says its for guests staying on site. So the umbrella gets guests not staying onsite the advantage.

If Disney allowed it the limitations you pointed out wouldn’t have been added, IMO

Possibly. But MDE is such a mess, that who knows. Every time they plug one hole, another opens.

But in this case, MDE still lets you book FPs for off-site guests if you co-book with someone on-site. It always has and still does. I don't know if that is intentional or not, because Disney don't like to talk.

If the umbrella is now verboten, you'd have to also delete a lot of the FP FAQ in TPAS. My understanding is that disboards has the position that the umbrella is an intended feature.
Yeah something I’ve disagreed with that it shouldn’t be there. Because I feel it’s clear its for onsite guests.

Possibly. But MDE is such a mess, that who knows. Every time they plug one hole, another opens.

But in this case, MDE still lets you book FPs for off-site guests if you co-book with someone on-site. It always has and still does. I don't know if that is intentional or not, because Disney don't like to talk.
Certain other loopholes worked too but DIS didn’t allow all of them. So it seems cherry picked IMO.

Edit: Disney says right on the website it is for those staying on site. Attached an image from the website that says this. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/fastpass-plus/

My main concern is umbrella seems a clear loophole to me that isn’t what Disney intended.

Attachments

• ADD3EC4E-7031-4372-9496-B8A6749EFCA3.jpeg
    ADD3EC4E-7031-4372-9496-B8A6749EFCA3.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter