Disney Travel Agent or Costco?

Lorianne2004

Earning My Ears
Is there any chance a travel agent can get you close to the Costco package price? I'd really like to work with one, but Costco is saving me over a grand on a 5-night 2bdrm villa over the price I'm seeing on the Go Disney website. Anyone done Costco and really regretted it later?

A travel agent is mostly only going to be able to apply whatever public discounts Disney is offering, and those tend to come out just a few months before the applicable dates. An agency might have a promo where they give you something small, but nowhere near Costco prices.

Just booked our October through Costco. Always use them…can’t beat the prices at all and if Disney has a better deal later, I’ve had them adjust our package for a lower price.

I would go through Costco if you are positive you are taking the trip - the only disadvantage with Costco would be the no refund portion. Disney will refund all your money Costco won't.

We have friends who used a travel agent and the travel agent helped book ADRs for them. Another idea might be looking at renting DVC points. Renting can potentially save a lot over the Go Disney rack rates.

We used Costco all the time, before we bought our DVC points. But I like to have total control of my trips. Part of the fun (for me) is planning them.
I believe the positive effects of planning a vacation can outweigh the positive effects of actually taking the vacation. I fully expect that to be the case for me with our August trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter