"disney villas"? from 1995

SCOTTNJ

Mouseketeer
Friends of mine stayed at disney villas back in 1995. The room key only said "disney villas"... What is this resort called now? I wanted to get some info together for them for a future trip but I can't figure out exactly where they stayed the last time they were there.

If you are taking the boat from downtown Disney to Port Orleans, are these the cottages that you see on the right side of the river?

In 1986, I stayed in the Disney Vacation Villas. It was the area that you are describing between Port Orleans and Downtown Disney. It later became the Disney Institute. I thought that happened before 1995, but maybe I am wrong.

It has now been torn down and Disney is building the Sarasaota Springs DVC facility there how.

I loved those villas. I stayed there several times in the mid 80's, they were really nice and you could rent a golf cart and drive to the Disney Village, hook up the cart to recharge and shop.

Those were the days ..........................

We always used to stay at these also....only the Fairway Villas....I believe there were Fairway, Treehouse, Vacation Villas (Not sure if there were more). As a previous poster has stated, they are not available anymore and a vacation club property is in the works in that area.

However, Old Key West I *think* is sort of near there and is pretty spacious also if you'd like a 'villa' still.

February 1996 was the opening of the Disney Institute. OKW is "next door" and is also built along the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course that begins in the Institute/Saratoga Springs area.

The Villas have been demolished to make way for the Saratoga Springs Vacation Club (I think like $84 a point). The Treehouses are still there as are the Fairway Villas, but they are not being rented out. I know the treehouses are not up to code because the code has changed and they are in a swamp and all. I have heard that it would cost a lot to bring them up to code, so we must wait to see what happens to them. I also know the Fairway villas have not been torn down yet, May be they will keep these.

Saratoga Springs is now taking shape where the villas used to be (the vacation villas and the Club Lake Villas). Saratoga Springs looks like another big hotel : (

I'm pretty sure that some of the remaining villas are currently being used to hosue either CP or IP CM's.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter