Disney Visa Credit Card

kathbuet1

Earning My Ears
Can someone please explain how this credit card works? I understand that you get 1% rewards on purchases. I saw a website that allows you to get $25.00 disney dollars. Are the disney dollars I earn good at WDW $ for $? For instance, I get $30.00 Disney Dream Reward Dollars from purchases can I get $30.00 in merchandise, etc there? We are going in 4 months. Would it be worth it? I could charge my daily expenses like groceries and pay it in full each month to earn the rewards??

Kathy

Yes, the reward amount you have is equal to dollars towards merchandise. I charge everything possible in my day to day life ie: groceries, gas, cable, cell phone bill, etc; and watch the rewards grow. I also save for our Disney trips, charge the whole thing when we go, and pay it off when we get home so it's already working towards our next trip. Just make sure you pay your balance in full each month or the interest rate negates the rewards.

LovePug, just wanted to say your adorable pug looks just like my little girl! Aren't they great little dogs?

You do not get 1 dollar for every dollar spent You get $1 for every $100 dollars spent. It is worth it if you charge everything to the card. I use mine all of the time.

can anyone tell me if the $15 disney store gift card that comes when you open an account with Disney Visa expires? I just got mine and we don't have a disney store near me so it might be a while before i can use it. can it be used online??

I have an old disney Store CC and wanted to know. do you think its possible that I may be able to transfer my balance to the new Disney Visa, so I can get the bonus points, etc.

I don't know if you can transfer the balance - but if you can, you don't earn reward dollars on balance transfers.

Kathy - I use my for everything also and since Oct I have earned over $200 for our April trip - I plan on using it to pay for a special fishing excursion for my DH and DS - it is worth it - I just remember to pay it off every month - and it is very easy to do on-line...

Yes I didn't think they would apply anything to my balance, but just to do the transfer for future rewards, is what I am trying to strive for.

If you mean just switch the old Disney card for a Disney Visa, I don't think they would. They are two different companies. You could apply for the Disney Visa and then close the old Disney card. I kept my old Disney card because it has a older trade line and therefore helps my credit score. I don't use it - just stuck it in a drawer. My Disney Visa pays all my monthly bills and gets paid in full each month! You definately don't want to carry a balance, the interest rate is too high! It is nice having the extra money on your trips!

We already have two Banc One Visa's...do we need to get rid of one first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter