Disney Visa Interest Free Promo

pinkerbell

FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!
I called disney today as I was paying off one defered interest promo and was going to call AAA today to pay the final payment $3,000, on our next trip (expecting deferred interest). After being on hold 20 minutes and being transferred a couple time, I was told I was being charged (or NOT being charged) incorrectly for interest on my card. That if I make purchases on a card that has a defferred interest promo, I have to pay it ALL off or will be cahrged interest on the current purchases. EVEN if I pay my balance off at the end of every month less the promo.
She "worked with me" laugh, and told me If i pay it ALL ( I also have two other defrred interest promos amounts) today they will not cahrge me the interest. I was told I would owe $500 in back interest and $160 in current interest. :scared1:

I have two cards, I for business use, one for personal. I use them for everything. I'm a little angry because my payment is due for my next trip and I can't defer the interst.

I am new to this forum and if this has been addressed, please post a link.
I am wondering if the info I was given was correct, I have called a few time in the past year or so and never been told this before.
Any help would be appreciated. I asked about getting another card to put it on and was told at least 10, best case scenario, and I don't have that much time.

Peace, TIA

Did you call Disney or Chase? I'm assuming you called Chase.....

While some people have said they had problems with multiple trips and overlapping interest free periods, I've never had problems with it. I've had 0% interest charges on vacation packages and used my card for everyday purchases too (gotta rack up those DD!). Paid off the everyday purchases every month while leaving my 0% balance alone and was charged $0 interest.

:confused3

Did you call Disney or Chase? I'm assuming you called Chase.....

While some people have said they had problems with multiple trips and overlapping interest free periods, I've never had problems with it. I've had 0% interest charges on vacation packages and used my card for everyday purchases too (gotta rack up those DD!). Paid off the everyday purchases every month while leaving my 0% balance alone and was charged $0 interest.

:confused3

Thanks, I called Chase about the payment amount and that set the ball in motion. Then I called Disney and was told the info was correct. However, I have used my other card the same way and wasn't told to pay it all off or loose the prom. With that kowledge and your post I called Chase again and was told that person I spoke with was wrong and that I can deffer interest and make purchases interst free as long I pay the non promo balance off every month.

Thanks for your help and I hope It all goes well when I get next months statement :worship:

and I LOVE your EVE avitar :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter