Disney Visa Question

Like anything else, you need to shop around for credit cards. Yes, I have a Disney Visa...used the $100 gift card to graze round the world during F&W last year. But, my Amex through Costco is my main credit card. I have a Business Exec membership at Costco. The Amex card gives me 4% rebate on gas, 3% rebate on restaurants, 2% on travel, and 1% on everything else. For my spending habits, the Amex works our much better for me. I even charge all my meals at WDW on the Amex for the 3%. I'll probably use my Disney Visa Rewards to pay DVC dues.

Are there any annual fees associated with the Disney Visa? I currently have a CapitalOne that gets pretty good rewards that can be used towards anything, but first purchase-incentives and extra perks could change my mind!

Are there any annual fees associated with the Disney Visa? I currently have a CapitalOne that gets pretty good rewards that can be used towards anything, but first purchase-incentives and extra perks could change my mind!

There is no annual fee for the Chase Disney Visa.

Pros:
*You get 1% on purchases that can be redeemed for Disney Rewards card.
*You can charge you package to the card when paying the balance and not have to pay interest on it for 6 months.
*You can have a special character meet and greet at Epcot near Innoventions.
*You get 20% off when paying for any of the tours at WDW.

Cons:
*for straight up rewards the Chase Freedom card gives you 5% on some purchases instead of only 1%. The 5% changes each quarter so you have to pay attention but 5% is better than 1% on those purchases.

We use both cards and try to maximize the rewards by using the card that gives us the best money at the time of purchase. I definatly like the 6 month no interest perk.

There is no annual fee for the Chase Disney Visa.

Pros:
*You get 1% on purchases that can be redeemed for Disney Rewards card.
*You can charge you package to the card when paying the balance and not have to pay interest on it for 6 months.
*You can have a special character meet and greet at Epcot near Innoventions.
*You get 20% off when paying for any of the tours at WDW.

Cons:
*for straight up rewards the Chase Freedom card gives you 5% on some purchases instead of only 1%. The 5% changes each quarter so you have to pay attention but 5% is better than 1% on those purchases.

We use both cards and try to maximize the rewards by using the card that gives us the best money at the time of purchase. I definatly like the 6 month no interest perk.

There is also a new Premier Disney Visa that has just come out that carries a $49 annual fee, but gives you more rewards in certain categories. For more info, visit www.disneyrewards.com :thumbsup2

Do you get an instant yes or no or do they take their time?

When upgrading from the regular DV to the new one it was instant. I am not sure about the speed of applying for a new account. Also, if upgrading you need to have had your regular DV for at least one year.

I currently don't have a DV I was applying. I wanted to know if the response was instant?

Don't apply online, it takes forever!. If you are a Chase customer, go to your branch. They will be able to give you an immediate answer. Otherwise call.:cool1:

So besides spending the rewards dollars, whats the best deal/discount for using your disney visa at DLR? I've read the list of places of perks, but for those of you that have used it at the resort - opinions? Also are the dream reward dollars redeemable at all stores and vendors throughout the resort? Like say a churro? Thanks kids :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter