• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Summer Discount

why is this discount blocked out the 2 last week of august?

Disney releases discounts to fill rooms. Apparently they don’t feel the need to offer it to fill rooms those weeks. Other than that, no one here would know Disney’s reasoning.

I find it very interesting that Disney is giving a 35% discount to some moderate resorts. I don't think I've ever seen such a big discount for those resorts before.

I can only hope that there will be more discounts in the future. I'm not going to book a new trip, but I would love to be able to apply a discount to a couple of my current bookings. :)

I wonder how this works if you already have the dining offer booked under another credit card? God, I hate to have to call them and cancel a reservation I have had for almost a year just to rebook with the Disney Visa card.

I have a reservation in the correct time frame but it won't let me modify it to this offer. Should I just book w/ the new offer and cancel my old plans?

Our TA contacted us about this offer since I have the debit card and there's no availability at the Poly for our current booking but looks like we can save about $800 by doing a split with Yacht Club for the Memorial Day weekend start to our trip and we are going to do that! My gf has never stayed over in the Epcot area so this will be really neat.

I wonder how this works if you already have the dining offer booked under another credit card? God, I hate to have to call them and cancel a reservation I have had for almost a year just to rebook with the Disney Visa card.

You have to do the math & see which works better for you. If you want this one, you’ll have to cancel & rebook using your Disney Visa for the deposit. Also, it is bookable thru the link above, no need to call.

It would have to be free for me to visit during the summer. Nothing else could get me out into the parks with the temps being through the roof.

I find it very interesting that Disney is giving a 35% discount to some moderate resorts. I don't think I've ever seen such a big discount for those resorts before.

I can only hope that there will be more discounts in the future. I'm not going to book a new trip, but I would love to be able to apply a discount to a couple of my current bookings. :)
35% is huge for moderates.

I am a cardholder and I could only get to the offer through the OP's link. Do you have to have a special level of the card? I see it now through the link, but I thought it odd I couldn't see it by logging in normally.

It's probably not so much blocked out as they consider the second part of August to be part of the Fall time period (schools go back, MNSSHP starts, etc.) - expect it will probably be included when the Fall discounts are announced.

Probably not. August 20-26 are the only excluded dates. The promo includes August 27- September 7th. The dates were all included in the food gift card offer as well. Those dates are just probably already pretty well booked. Disney doesn’t typically just skip a few days only to include them later.

edit to add…. This is a Visa offer. It is possible those dates might be included in a general public or AP summer offer. Just probably not the fall offers.

I am a cardholder and I could only get to the offer through the OP's link. Do you have to have a special level of the card? I see it now through the link, but I thought it odd I couldn't see it by logging in normally.

The Visa offers are like that a lot. They don’t always show up on the website. It’s kind of a hunt for the link or call game. Annoying.

Probably not. August 20-26 are the only excluded dates. The promo includes August 27- September 7th. The dates were all included in the food gift card offer as well. Those dates are just probably already pretty well booked. Disney doesn’t typically just skip a few days only to include them later.

Oh, boo, that's a good point - I guess it's just that one week, then...sorry about that! (Usually the whole second half of August it starts to get way quieter though, surprised that week is excluded!)

Oh, boo, that's a good point - I guess it's just that one week, then...sorry about that! (Usually the whole second half of August it starts to get way quieter though, surprised that week is excluded!)

Sorry, I just edited that post… this is a Visa offer. It is possible those dates may be included in a public or AP summer offer. We haven’t seen those yet, except the food gift card offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter