Disney Wish Dining Rotation

i've been on the Dream for 4 night cruises multiple times.
They have 3 shows over 4 nights.
when i say show, i mean show, whether it's the golden mickeys or whatever.
it doesn't have to be mermaid or frozen or tangled.
In fact, we like the what you apparently call jukebox shows better.
In any case, there were ALWAYS 3 shows over 4 nights.
Also way back in prehistoric times when we went on 4 night cruises on the Disney Wonder.
Not two shows and a movie that children can't see.
3 shows presented by the incredibly talented performers.

as for showing a movie as evening entertainment, never as a replacement for one of the 3 shows (again, jukebox shows if you want to call them that. we call them shows)
I call them jukebox shows because they're essentially thin storylines that wrap around a bunch of random Disney songs. I don't dislike them. Quite the opposite, actually!

My point was only that each ship has one A-tier "premium" show and then some number of B-tier jukebox shows. The Dream only had one A-tier show, so giving the Wish two of them for a 4-night cruise is something new.

Also, is the Golden Mickeys back? It wasn't running last fall or last winter when I was on the Dream. We only had Beauty and the Beast, Believe, a ventriloquist, and (gasp) a movie.

luna is another design failure, but we're talking about a dedicated adult area....
the way they designed the adult spaces aren't adult areas at all. they're bars stuck in between everything else.
basically hallways with bars in them...
I don't know if spreading the bars out is better or worse than having an adult area. I never really liked walking through those areas. They were so cramped and hard to navigate. But I haven't experienced the new setup, yet, so it's hard to say what's better.

you think the adult pool deck area is larger than the adult area on the classic ships? have you been on them recently?
the failed adult pool deck was a common complaint of every adult i chatted with on the wish who had been on other dcl ships...
I mean, look at the deck plans. You can see that it's a rather large area. The are directly near the pool is only a small part of the adults-only outdoor space.

thanks for reminding me....all of those were definitely issues... how is it they couldn't get the deck numbers on staircase signs???
i pointed it out to a crew member and she said, yeah, they're not up yet....what? they did have the numbers up on the decks with staterooms, but none of the other decks..
we won't even talk about the fact that they're gold on gold and impossible for anyone of a certain age to see (the ones that they did manage to get onto the walls)..

oh and should we talk about how filthy the ship was?
they apparently have an extreme shortage of crew..
the only place on the ship that was squeaky clean were the bathrooms..
the rest of the ship? not so much..
there was a clear lack of crew out cleaning..
normally on the ships, you see crew out and about cleaning at all hours.....not on our cruise....
and the result was a dirty 2 week old ship...
I think everything was rushed because of Covid-19 and the staffing shortages. The ship was delivered late and apparently wasn't as "done" as everyone expected it to be, so the staff had to rush to get it as ready as they could before the maiden voyage. In six months or so, I'm sure that the Wish will be a lot better in those areas. That doesn't help the people sailing now, of course.

again, i didn't complain to guest services about this issue as for me the biggest one was their treatment of passengers with that 3rd show replacement...

given how not ready this ship was for prime time during our cruise, it's clear to me that disney should have offered compensation of some kind..
be it a discount, future cruise credit, on board credit or whatever...
it would have gone a long way to soften the blow...

again, i'm not sure the new cruisers on board were as aware of the shoddy product they were being provided, but the veteran cruisers certainly were and there was a lot of grumbling....
especially among the platinum and gold cruisers...

by the way, i did NOT ask for compensation..
i just wanted them to know that what they did wasn't right...
and i wanted to know who had made the bonehead decision to provide a replacement that wasn't appropriate for small children..
as it happens, my daughter and son in law went to the showing of Thor in the walt disney theater.
she said as soon as that brutal murder occurred, many families with small children got up and left the theater...
apparently, they hadn't been aware of how inappropriate the content is for small children..
after all, the navigator said "good for all ages".....i wonder if any of them complained after exposing their children to something that they would never have done had they known it going in...

This seems a tad hyperbolic. They replaced a show that wasn't ready with a movie. They were treating anyone poorly. And I don't understand how people didn't know that a movie that is rated, I believe PG-13, might not be appropriate for small children.

This seems a tad hyperbolic. They replaced a show that wasn't ready with a movie. They were treating anyone poorly. And I don't understand how people didn't know that a movie that is rated, I believe PG-13, might not be appropriate for small children.

it said on the navigator "good for all ages" right under the PG-13 designation
when i pointed this out to guest services, the guy said, "it is appropriate for all ages. PG-13 just means that a parent needs to take the child in"
ridiculous..

as i noted, my daughter and son in law were in that showing and right after the opening brutal murder many families with small children got up and left the theater.

I’ve done four cruises since the restart. There was no club host, however on all four cruises (2 Magic, 1 Dream, 1 Fantasy) the same pair of people has hosted the adult entertainment each evening. Some duos were more successful than others (did a b2b on the Magic and thought the pair on the first cruise was good and the second cruise was not.)

Ruth on the Fantasy in June was fantastic so I think it just depends who you get.

I’ve done four cruises since the restart. There was no club host, however on all four cruises (2 Magic, 1 Dream, 1 Fantasy) the same pair of people has hosted the adult entertainment each evening. Some duos were more successful than others (did a b2b on the Magic and thought the pair on the first cruise was good and the second cruise was not.)

Ruth on the Fantasy in June was fantastic so I think it just depends who you get.

you're right
my daughter texted from the wonder, where she's in alaska now..
she said there's no club host...
she said that for her it's a real downgrade..
that there's a serious lack of cohesion in the adult entertainment without a club host overseeing it all...

the club host is a higher paying position than a regular member of the cruise director's staff...
i hope this wasn't a cost cutting measure by DCL...
the club host was one of our favorite aspects of DCL cruises...

you're right
my daughter texted from the wonder, where she's in alaska now..
she said there's no club host...
she said that for her it's a real downgrade..
that there's a serious lack of cohesion in the adult entertainment without a club host overseeing it all...

the club host is a higher paying position than a regular member of the cruise director's staff...
i hope this wasn't a cost cutting measure by DCL...
the club host was one of our favorite aspects of DCL cruises...
I agree. Truly enjoy the hosts for the evening entertainment in the 18+ clubs. Sailed on the Dream in early June out of Miami and Mike was the club host during the evening. He did a fantastic job with his playful sense of humor. I was able to take an afternoon ship tour and he lead the tour. He made the cruise memorable in many ways.

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone knew how many people can be on the Palo Dinner reservation?
I have seven in my party but it only let me add 6. Can they accommodate 7 if I ask nicely?

Any opinions/experience?
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter