Disney Wish Maiden Voyage - News & Live Checkins

Do you have to go to Palo's at embarkation to make the reservation?
You could do it in Luna.
I used a spare card and placed that into my slot card but my room host always kept propping the card back up.
Yes, I should have been clearer about the spare card in the slot. Its just for my convenience and has no effect on what your room host will do about the lights.
Well, it's certainly true on the Dream and Fantasy. So, it's not new to the Wish. There's no reason to leave the card in when you aren't there.
Disney isn't the only cruise line that has this feature. Royal does on some of its ships.
Exactly And, as PP said, it only impacts the lights. It’s not going to turn off the AC and the fridge.
Right. Not seeing what would be gained by leaving the lights on when nobody is in the room.

I've heard about Wishing Star Cafe off the Grand Hall. Any pastry case there? Sometimes for breakfast on the Fantasy it was nice to just get a couple pastries and sit by Quiet Cove rather than brave Cabanas.
No unfortunately there were no pastries offered there.

Yes. Including Disneyland Paris. And when the key is not in the slot there, it does turn off the AC. Hate coming back to a hot room.
Yeah, but it's better for the environment and all that. So maybe it's not so bad? I guess I wouldn't mind a compromise where it sets the AC to 78 or something to prevent people from blasting it when they aren't in the room. That would still leave the room at a comfortable temperature and it wouldn't take long to cool down from there. Anyway, we're way off topic now!

Yeah, but it's better for the environment and all that. So maybe it's not so bad? I guess I wouldn't mind a compromise where it sets the AC to 78 or something to prevent people from blasting it when they aren't in the room. That would still leave the room at a comfortable temperature and it wouldn't take long to cool down from there. Anyway, we're way off topic now!
I didn’t think the key controlled the air on just the lights or am I wrong

On DCL the keycard only controls the lights, not the temp. There was a bit of a side conversation about Disneyland Paris and controlling the A/C by a similar system.

Let’s try to get back to discussion about the Wish…

Thanks this is what I thought!

In terms of the Wish, does anyone have any MUST DOs or MUST SEEs? I've seen a lot of pros and cons but would be nice to have some "you should try this" recommendations.

For the main dining rooms - they also had lines for Palo/Enchante reservations and Hyperspace Lounge reservations.

So much for them asking if u have a disney discount and you say yes. Then they say its not linked to your stateroom. But then u give them the stateroom number and low and behold, oh u do have membership and get a discount. Basic easy things they can't even get right. I thought the wish pulled the best of the best from all ships, but im seriously not seeing that at the moment.
Disney discount? Do DVC members get discounts? Never thought about that on the ships if they do. I wonder how you get this set up right from the start?
Pros:
-Palo and Enchante have tables where everyone can have a view of the ocean
-Exchante dinner collection was amazing if you can spare a few hours

Cons.
-layout of ship no walking path no mid elevators
-not the same vendor with clothing so sizes are way off
Enchante looks so nice. We’re people dressing appropriately? Hubs doesn’t want to bring a jacket so that may be a no for us. Also, heavy on the shellfish it seems, which is good for most people. Not so much for me as I have a shellfish allergy that would require use of my EpiPen.

And was the clothing sized more true to size or did they run large or small?
Tip: Bring a spare card from some previous cruise/hotel stay and put that in the slot rather than one of your room cards.
I had some made for my Fish Extender 😄
I've seen the same system in a lot of European hotels, too.
Only in Europe hotels (at least in nearly all of the boutique hotels we have stayed in) it also turns off the A.C. 😧

Thanks this is what I thought!

In terms of the Wish, does anyone have any MUST DOs or MUST SEEs? I've seen a lot of pros and cons but would be nice to have some "you should try this" recommendations.
I would say just walk around the whole ship and take it all in. The artwork around the ship is amazing. The details!

Go down the kids club slide at open house :) Go on the AquaMouse. :)

Disney discount? Do DVC members get discounts? Never thought about that on the ships if they do. I wonder how you get this set up right from the start?
DVC and Disney Visa on your account get you 10% off of $50+ in the shops. (Also some spa discount on port days.). On the Fantasy in June, DH showed his mobile wallet DVC card to get the discount in the shops.

DVC and Disney Visa on your account get you 10% off of $50+ in the shops. (Also some spa discount on port days.). On the Fantasy in June, DH showed his mobile wallet DVC card to get the discount in the shops.
Ok. Thanks for this! We’ll have to be sure and ask at each purchase. Also, we already have a couples massage booked on our first night. I wonder if that is considered a port day since we start the day at PC?

Enchante looks so nice. We’re people dressing appropriately?
We spent a lot of time in The Rose lounge (every night) and saw many people going to Enchante and Palo. They were all very nicely dressed.
was the clothing sized more true to size or did they run large or small?
I bought 3 t-shirts and they appear true to size.

I would say just walk around the whole ship and take it all in. The artwork around the ship is amazing. The details!

Go down the kids club slide at open house :) Go on the AquaMouse. :)
Thank you! All on my list except the Aquamouse as I'm a whimp and hate water slides/coasters so this one isn't an option - but will be sure to go find chip & dale as the statue is so cute!

Enchante looks so nice. We’re people dressing appropriately? Hubs doesn’t want to bring a jacket so that may be a no for us. Also, heavy on the shellfish it seems, which is good for most people. Not so much for me as I have a shellfish allergy that would require use of my EpiPen.
Shellfish also isn't great for people that just don't like shellfish. :(

Anyway, you no longer need a jacket at Enchante or at any other adults-only restaurant on Disney's cruise ships. You can find the updated dress code on the website.

"Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication. Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted."

You also get 10% off if you are a Platinum Castaway Club cruiser.
Gold members, too!

Shellfish also isn't great for people that just don't like shellfish. :(

Anyway, you no longer need a jacket at Enchante or at any other adults-only restaurant on Disney's cruise ships. You can find the updated dress code on the website.

"Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication. Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted."

Gold members, too!

The new dress code makes me so sad. I love to get dressed up but rarely have the occasion in real life. The though of seeing jeans in Palo is a no from me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter