Disney Wish - Murphy Bed stateroom identification and tracking

Thank you for doing this, it is a great service!

My pleasure !

Although our family is only two [myself and my sister, though next summer my mother will also join us on an Alaska cruise], we prefer the staterooms with a murphy bed as we don't share the queen and my sister finds the sofa bed uncomfortable. So murphy bed staterooms it is ! :-)

I find knowing which rooms they are lets us plan in advance and decide on a short list of rooms we want to try to book [and a backup short list in case those aren't available].

SW

Thanks. I'm concerned on Silver Booking Day that the remaining 4A/B/C/D will be going super fast, and waiting three+ hours on hold, they'll all be gone. I'm wondering about booking with a phantom 5th person to get one of the Murphy Bed rooms and then calling to remove the 5th passenger.

Or are you saying that the call to switch rooms gets connected a lot faster than a call to book a new reservation, so I should just grab a 4-person room and then call?

I got thru quickly because it was in the afternoon. The morning will be chaos, for sure.

That is a generalization for the category, unless they have changed it to be very specific. Some rooms in that category only sleep 4 and will either not have the murphy bed or will not have the ceiling bunk.
For the Wish it is specific. Others I found did not list the Murphy bed, for example. Likewise for the cat 5s with and without the pull down bunk. You can see specifically what the room you have selected has for beds.

I have added the tables in posts 2 and 3.

Please note that for the Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah staterooms in MIDSHIP, I have not yet had time to fill in the connecting stateroom information - it is a WIP as some have it but not the rest. Once I get that completed I will updated that subtable. (all that looking at squiggle lines on the Wish deck plans is time consuming!!)

SW

We have booked 7564 on the MV which has a murphy bed.
There are four of us travelling.

Quick question, is it possible to get out on to the verandah when the murphy bed is down?

We have booked 7564 on the MV which has a murphy bed.
There are four of us travelling.

Quick question, is it possible to get out on to the verandah when the murphy bed is down?

On the other ships, yes. To do so you have to climb over/around the MB.

SW

This thread was super-helpful. I just booked 10136.

It showed up even when I searched with 4 guests, and as GoofyDisneyDad said, I was able to see that it had the four distinct beds in the listing. And that other rooms only had the three distinct beds. Then I went to Starwind's list and double-checked that 10136 says "10136 s5 mb".

So, best I can tell, I'm all set with a Murphy Bed. I actually did a B2B where the first 3 days is a 3A (which looks like all have Murphy Beds), then moving to the 4A for the second part.

It looks like rooms 9640 and 9642 on the Wish have the murphy bed. They are Deluxe Family Oceanview Rooms with Verandah.
We booked them on the Wish and both mention the wall pull down bed, upper berth pull down bed, and obviously the convertible sofa (but ironically still say they sleep 4-5).

I was able to modify a booked stateroom online with no problem! Current availability as well as bed configuration showed when I went to the Select Stateroom screen.

It looks like rooms 9640 and 9642 on the Wish have the murphy bed. They are Deluxe Family Oceanview Rooms with Verandah.
We booked them on the Wish and both mention the wall pull down bed, upper berth pull down bed, and obviously the convertible sofa (but ironically still say they sleep 4-5).

Yes, they are listed; they sleep 5 (search for 5 guests lists them as available) so have to have a murphy bed.

I did find it interesting when doing a search for 5 guests that rooms would show up saying as "sleep 4-5" ;-) DCL could do a little more refining of their stateroom information :-)

Thank you for this. We are a family of 5, and Silver. I could not find any rooms when I searched for 5 yesterday.
We weren't ready to commit, as we are going to Greece/Italy on the Magic in June '22, but I want to be ready for when we ARE ready to book.

Hi there . We’ve never cursed before & ive booked on the Wish. If you had to pick one out of 9096 or 10136 which would you go for ? Looks like 9096 is a connecting room but is more mid ship where 10136 is not a connecting room but more towards the aft. Thanks for any advice.

Hi there . We’ve never cursed before & ive booked on the Wish. If you had to pick one out of 9096 or 10136 which would you go for ? Looks like 9096 is a connecting room but is more mid ship where 10136 is not a connecting room but more towards the aft. Thanks for any advice.
Deck 9–I prefer midship as you feel the motion of the ship less there, which is good for new cruisers if you are not sure if you might get seasick. Also, deck 10 is right under the pool deck do may get a lot of noise overhead and also has an overhang (the deck above juts out away from the ship) which may affect views from the verandah.

Deck 9–I prefer midship as you feel the motion of the ship less there, which is good for new cruisers if you are not sure if you might get seasick. Also, deck 10 is right under the pool deck do may get a lot of noise overhead and also has an overhang (the deck above juts out away from the ship) which may affect views from the verandah.
Thanks for your reply, hadn’t considered the pool noise or the overhang either so that’s really helpful 👍

I have been doing the searches and populating the tables and am getting reading to post the first update, which I expect to do later tonight. I've searched across about 6 cruise dates to come up with the list so far -- it is not complete, but there are certainly some distinct patterns, and after the first 3 I was only adding a couple new staterooms each time.

You are correct that searching for 5 guests gets you the non-concierge staterooms that have murphy beds.

SW
I was on chat with a cast member while on the website today, and wanted to confirm that my stateroom (10572) would have the murphy bed. He told me that information is not available yet! That just didn't sound right to me.

I was on chat with a cast member while on the website today, and wanted to confirm that my stateroom (10572) would have the murphy bed. He told me that information is not available yet! That just didn't sound right to me.
Just tried chat again and was told the same thing. The cast member did say, though, that if you were a group of 5 the system would show you rooms that did have the murphy bed for sure, but the type of bedding hasn't been announced for all of the rooms.

Weird. The info is clearly available, but perhaps the CM doesn't know how to access it or it isn't available in a clear way for the CMs (and they aren't thinking like we are of the "if it sleeps five it has to have a MB" for the DFOV and DFOVWV categories).

Every time I did a search for 5 guests, 10572 was never one of the rooms that came up as available. So I don't know if that is because it can't handle five or because it was always already chosen :-) So for now it is an unknown in terms of MB...

I am doing some searching again this evening and so far am discovering new MB rooms, so we'll see what turns up. I will update the tables later this evening.

SW

Just tried chat again and was told the same thing. The cast member did say, though, that if you were a group of 5 the system would show you rooms that did have the murphy bed for sure, but the type of bedding hasn't been announced for all of the rooms.

There are certainly some clear patterns of certain rooms in a line of rooms that seem to never show as available for sleeping 5... so you will have a chain of rooms in a row and in the middle plop there will be this one that never is available for 5... why ? I mean, why would they do that... here is a row of DFOVWV and suddenly there is this one without a murphy bed ? So does that mean it really doesn't, or they haven't decided yet ? or it isn't in the system yet ? These are the mysteries of the currently available public booking info...

Also, one thing I have noticed is often those ones that don't show as available for 5 are the non-connecting rooms... so maybe there is something to do with that... I am thinking of putting a * next to the non-connecting room numbers to highlight them out, because for our family we want a non-connecting room that sleeps 5 with a murphy bed. Those actually appear to be rather rare on the Wish as far as I can figure out.

SW

So here is an interesting "feature" of the DCL website... If I search for 5 guests, I can load DFOSWV deck 10 Midship. If I search for 4 or fewer guests it lets me choose the deck but then won't load the actual deck plan to choose a stateroom.... this is the case on any sailing I have tried... WEIRD.

Deck 10 Midship DFOSWV searching for 5 guests....

Searching for 4 guests....

Normally if there are no rooms available they would just not even allow you to choose that deck, it wouldn't show in the list of available decks to choose from...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter