Disney Wish Pricing is Up!

that is just plain mean!

It's to do with availability - not punishing people with fewer cruises. If the availability doesn't hit the price increase threshold during Platinum booking, it's not going to automatically jump for the Gold and so on.

It's to do with availability - not punishing people with fewer cruises. If the availability doesn't hit the price increase threshold during Platinum booking, it's not going to automatically jump for the Gold and so on.
Thank you for adding this valuable information, not everyone is aware of Disney's way of pricing. Aloha, Karen and Ron

Thank you for adding this valuable information, not everyone is aware of Disney's way of pricing. Aloha, Karen and Ron

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?

I have heard people with the idea that there is pricing for Platinum, higher pricing for Gold, higher pricing for Silver, and even higher pricing for those who haven't cruised yet. Because of the cabin availability tiering and DCL's release it can seem that way, but prices can increase even during the release day for one of the levels or if it's not as popular a cruise can remain the same all the way through. And the statement I quoted indicated to me that poster thought that it was scaled by tier.

oh no! I still remember our first cruise and how we seemed to over pay for everything! I was so glad to find Dis Boards and information like you just shared. I sincerely meant it as a thank you, Karen and Ron

oh no! I still remember our first cruise and how we seemed to over pay for everything! I was so glad to find Dis Boards and information like you just shared. I sincerely meant it as a thank you, Karen and Ron

Gotcha! I wasn’t sure! All good!! ❤️

I believe its called dynamic pricing. When a certain percentage of a category is sold the price jumps to the next price tier.
Yep, just like with some airlines.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the reasonable pricing, especially the reasonable concierge pricing which frankly is cheaper than what I'm used to seeing for the other ships. Yes, I know those are floor-to-ceiling windows instead of verandahs for those concierge prices, but on a 3-night Bahamian cruise, I don't need a verandah at all. I'd rather get the concierge perks.

I wasn't thrilled about certain aspects of the Wish before, but after seeing the reasonable concierge pricing, I'm putting a Wish cruise back onto my bucket list. Funny what a reasonable price will do for a customer's attitude. Hear that, Disney?

Ok...that’s where I’m going!

We are pleased. I hope we get on! I am platinum 25+. :boat:

I was just looking at your name. See you are from cape may and Ohio. We ate breakfast with a couple from cape may think they said also lived in Ohio or use to. It was at a character breakfast on the 19 transatlantic from England to New York? It was at a big table that sat 8. Was you on that cruise?

Yep, just like with some airlines.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the reasonable pricing, especially the reasonable concierge pricing which frankly is cheaper than what I'm used to seeing for the other ships. Yes, I know those are floor-to-ceiling windows instead of verandahs for those concierge prices, but on a 3-night Bahamian cruise, I don't need a verandah at all. I'd rather get the concierge perks.

I wasn't thrilled about certain aspects of the Wish before, but after seeing the reasonable concierge pricing, I'm putting a Wish cruise back onto my bucket list. Funny what a reasonable price will do for a customer's attitude. Hear that, Disney?
Funny you said that because I was thinking the same thing. We are platinum (I have 13 cruises so the lowest level), and I thought I'd be out of the running for the MV so I didn't even put my name in with my TA. If I'd known the concierge pricing would be so "reasonable" (LOL!), I would have planned differently. Even though I've sworn that I'm done with the Bahamas/Caribbean, this makes me reconsider strictly to experience the ship.

I know we have some info on pricing, but I hope that the mods (@AquaDame) will put up an opening day(s) pricing thread for the Wish itineraries so that the Platinums can report their bookings and we can see more specific pricing for room categories. It's always super helpful information! TIA

What happens if between now and the cruise Disney requires vaccination? This isn’t a problem for me but on the fence about getting our kids vaccinated

What happens if between now and the cruise Disney requires vaccination? This isn’t a problem for me but on the fence about getting our kids vaccinated

The answer is we don't know... I would HOPE Disney would allow folks to cancel if they made a change like that which is bound to be controversial, but they have been very firm that the maiden at least is not refundable for any reason. I would recommend booking any other sailing since you can cancel anytime up to PIF.

Any experienced cruisers guess how many weeks it would take to feel good about getting on the Wish with all the kinks worked out?

The answer is we don't know... I would HOPE Disney would allow folks to cancel if they made a change like that which is bound to be controversial, but they have been very firm that the maiden at least is not refundable for any reason. I would recommend booking any other sailing since you can cancel anytime up to PIF.

I concur. I would suggest that anyone who can’t/won’t get the vaccine and/or is concerned about other restrictions being put in place that will make it so they can’t/won’t want to sail AVOID non refundable fares (maiden voyages, concierge). While I’d hope Disney would bend the rules - under the circumstances- I can also see them making the argument that you had knowledge of these possible issues and there were plenty of REFUNDABLE options you could have chosen instead.

I can also see them making the argument that you had knowledge of these possible issues and there were plenty of REFUNDABLE options you could have chosen instead.

I think this is exactly the response you'll get. The whole point rental mess with DVC things when COVID first closed the world was unprecedented. Now we've had a whole year+ to see what can happen and how quickly things change. If you're anti-vax, don't book non-refundable and hope that you're going to get an exception. The CDC has done enough damage to the cruise industry over this - one more big issue that happens because of exceptions people want and that may spell the end of the industry.

Any experienced cruisers guess how many weeks it would take to feel good about getting on the Wish with all the kinks worked out?

They have done a few cruises with different groups, before the "maiden" voyage that take place to work out "most" those kinks... and much of the staff will be experienced ones from the fleet. We did a pre-maiden voyage on the Dream and it was as good as later ones.

They have done a few cruises with different groups, before the "maiden" voyage that take place to work out "most" those kinks... and much of the staff will be experienced ones from the fleet. We did a pre-maiden voyage on the Dream and it was as good as later ones.
ah good to know, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter