Disney Wonder - Short post - Expect the Unexpected

nictven

Earning My Ears
Disney Wonder August 14-21 Alaska cruise

This is a short post to share some of my unexpected experiences. I didn't mean them to be negative, but rather I haven't read them elsewhere to prepare myself.

Movies - from 8 yrs old kids up to adults mid-40s, they will chat, check schedule, play games, check pictures on their cell phone and light up 10 feet around them from 2 minutes to up to 10 minutes (or until someone told them to turn off). We sat way too far away from them to nudge them, but I could tell folks around them are being annoyed and uncomfortable.

Musical/shows - be prepare to explain to your young ones when they ask you why Kristoff or Belle etc have different skin color than the movies they watched

Room - Rooms that near elevator are great to access anywhere; need to be aware of folks yelling / discussing next day's plan right at your room door at 7am or 11pm. Or the cleaning cart parking right by your door more significantly than other locations (must be a convenient, favourite spot)

Formal night - be aware of folks dropping and breaking glasses across the atrium, splashing people around them; apparently happening quite often (3 occurrences within 30min)

Charges - if you have Target gift cards to pay off charges, you might want to pay any balances off your account before 7am the next morning. A balance of over $500 will auto charge to your pre-defined payment (e.g. credit card) by 7am if they are not paid off. No worries though, the guest service would gladly refund your credit card and charge the balance to your gift card.

Pictures - remember to check missing pictures onboard using your phone/laptop/their terminals!!! For some odd reasons, there are pictures often got sent to "missing" category and not showing up in your account. A quick browse to the missing category onboard could help you recover them. (we found out we missed a bunch of pictures from a particular backdrop, the staff helped us going through the missing pictures and found out there are few more missing pictures from previous days)

Animation drawings - if your little ones need more time to finish their drawings, please wait for them before handing the drawings to the staff. Giving the pictures separately most likely will cause your family's animation (assume party of 4) separated from each other during the onscreen animation.

Just an FYI if you go to guest services on first day of your cruise you can add all gift cards to your account. You can also call ahead of your cruise as long as 3 days ahead and add them that way too. I hope these things didn’t ruin your cruise!

Just an FYI if you go to guest services on first day of your cruise you can add all gift cards to your account. You can also call ahead of your cruise as long as 3 days ahead and add them that way too. I hope these things didn’t ruin your cruise!
Thanks for the tip! I didn't buy enough gift cards, so I had to buy additional ones at each port.
And, guest service was able to refund any unused credit to the Disney gift card of my choice (or else they told me they can't let me off the cruise coz my credit card was never charged for an amount and they can't refund to that)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter