• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Vacation as Gym Motivator

DoomBuggy86

Earning My Ears
Hello All-

I am new to the DISboards, and thrilled to be here!

I consider myself an active person by nature, but I have to say, there's nothing quite like an upcoming Disney World trip to kick my workout regime into high gear!

Tonight in "Powerball" class, instead of thinking things like "You'll feel great after this!" or "Your DFi would be proud!", I was thinking, "Mickey Waffle, Mickey Waffle!" and "Dole Whip, Dole Whip!"

It may not be traditional motivation, but it definitely works for me! :-D It also provides a great goal endpoint, using the vacation as a reward for treating my mind and body right, and as a way to maintain balance (that is, realizing that a bit of vacation indulgence is more than okay).

Am I the only Disney nut who thinks of Dole Whips at the gym? :mickeybar

Welcome to the Disboards and congratulations on your engagement!

Yes, my wife uses our trips to Disney World as motivation to kick up her workouts.

Sounds like you have some good motivational thoughts to use!

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter