Disney Y.E.S. Program

Thanks for the replies, I know that DD and I will go but I wasn't sure if DS or DH would actually want to go or not. Its towards the end of our week and I don't know if DH is going to want to have to get up so early and go with us. And I'm not sure DS will sit though whatever the presentation is. I did check that they would attend but maybe I'll call and see what I should do. I figured it would be easier to take two people off then add two people on.

I'd say that is probably the best choice, otherwise, DH and DS will be obligated to attend. It's very easy and YES will send you a registration revision email showing them deleted from the class. Good luck.

This may be a dumb question, but do you have to pick up your tickets if you're using magic bands?

In the past, you had to have the physical tickets to enter the parks.

But now if they send you the number to link it to your MDE account, do you need the actual ticket?

We will be arriving in the evening and our class is at HS at 7:45 the next morning.
I would rather not go to DTD after driving all day if it's not necessary. When does guest services open at HS? I could stop there before the class if they are open that early.

Hi all, I didn't see this addressed (I'm sure I just missed it), but what happens to our YES tickets if we have to cancel our trip? Can we use them on a future trip?

And on that note, what's the latest I can safely book for a trip in September? Our 60 days out is July -- will the classes fill up by then?

This may be a dumb question, but do you have to pick up your tickets if you're using magic bands?
Nope. We used our tickets three days before our class day. The bands just work; no need to pick anything up.

Nope. We used our tickets three days before our class day. The bands just work; no need to pick anything up.
Great. Thanks!

That's what I was assuming, but I didn't want to show up at the park and have them not let us in if there was some sort of YES ticket glitch or something.

Hi all, I didn't see this addressed (I'm sure I just missed it), but what happens to our YES tickets if we have to cancel our trip? Can we use them on a future trip?

And on that note, what's the latest I can safely book for a trip in September? Our 60 days out is July -- will the classes fill up by then?

The YES tickets are tied to specific dates (or at least they were pre-magic band). If you don't show for the class, you get charged the difference between your YES tickets and the gate price. I've always been under the impression that this is fully non-refundable so there is no such thing as cancel unless you have extenuating circumstances. You might have to contact YES directly for info on if/how to cancel.

The YES tickets are tied to specific dates (or at least they were pre-magic band). If you don't show for the class, you get charged the difference between your YES tickets and the gate price. I've always been under the impression that this is fully non-refundable so there is no such thing as cancel unless you have extenuating circumstances. You might have to contact YES directly for info on if/how to cancel.

I'm not concerned about missing the class, just about having something come up that forces us to cancel the whole trip - job loss, illness, family emergency, etc. Regular tickets could be used later, so I'm considering whether it's worth such a huge risk just to save $400.

Anyone know how early the September classes fill up?

Sorry if this has been answered already, I just read the last 5 pages or so. Could we book a class for our children, but not purchase any tickets, we all already have AP's? I think my DS would really enjoy the animation history class at HS.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned about missing the class, just about having something come up that forces us to cancel the whole trip - job loss, illness, family emergency, etc. Regular tickets could be used later, so I'm considering whether it's worth such a huge risk just to save $400.

Anyone know how early the September classes fill up?

According to the FAQs, the ticket sales are final. I recall hearing that some folks have successfully had changes/cancellations due to extenuating circumstances, but the official policy is final sale. In the older pricing, it was worth the risk because the savings were huge. Whether it's worth the risk in today's pricing is up for debate.

Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida: All ticket package sales are final and non-transferrable. Disney Youth Program ticket packages are not available, nor can they be purchased or upgraded, at Theme Park gates. Participation in your scheduled Disney Youth Education Series Program is required to utilize the special value priced Disney Youth Education Series ticket packages. Disney Youth Programs reserves the right to void ticket packages without notice if the student does not attend the scheduled Disney Youth Education Series Program.

http://www.disneyyouth.com/about-disney-youth/contact-us/faqs/

Sorry if this has been answered already, I just read the last 5 pages or so. Could we book a class for our children, but not purchase any tickets, we all already have AP's. I think my DS would really enjoy the animation history class at HS.

I was able to purchase an "experience only" ticket for the program at Disneyland since I am an AP holder. I paid $45. I would imagine they have something similar at DisneyWorld.

I've been out of the loop on the classes for a while... Does anyone know if they even offer the Discovering Careers in the Marine Sciences class for individual enrollment any more? Is there anywhere I can see an archive of the winter classes to see if it has been offered recently?

My DD has been looking forward to taking this class for years - she was too young on our last trip so she took the marine conservation class for younger kids but now that she's old enough and we're thinking about another trip it isn't on the summer/fall schedule at all. :( It is still listed on the individual enrollment page, just not on the "buy your tickets" page where you can see the schedule of upcoming classes.

Ordered tickets for our July trip. I received an email that stated wed receive our ticket Id in an email sometime on May 8 (our 60 day mark). Shouldn't we get that email the day earlier so tickets are linked and ready to go? We are traveling with friends and I want to make sure we are all linked and ready to go so I can make requests sap (1 am anyone???)

Ordered tickets for our July trip. I received an email that stated wed receive our ticket Id in an email sometime on May 8 (our 60 day mark). Shouldn't we get that email the day earlier so tickets are linked and ready to go? We are traveling with friends and I want to make sure we are all linked and ready to go so I can make requests sap (1 am anyone???)
I wish more people would come back and report their experience. I got my tickets on day 61. I think they're smart enough to send them out in advance.

I wish more people would come back and report their experience. I got my tickets on day 61. I think they're smart enough to send them out in advance.

Just got mine yesterday. 10:30am on day 61 before my stated arrival date, so it is early enough for people to book FP+ at midnight that night.

Just to note, YES tickets are not tied to your reservation, so you can tell them any arrival day you want. (As long as your trip doesn't exceed 14 days) I have always given one or two days before our trip is scheduled, just in case something changes or we want to pick up the tickets a day early. This also ensures that you get the email and can link the tickets in advance of when your FP booking window opens (mine doesn't open until tomorrow night, but I already have my tickets linked to MDE)

I tried to price out how much it would be for a trip in July. My discount at Yes/individual enrollment is only like $50; does that seem right? I remember the discount being much better.

It was for a week at WDW with premium tickets for 7 of us. My 13yr would be doing a class with my dh.

I tried to price out how much it would be for a trip in July. My discount at Yes/individual enrollment is only like $50; does that seem right? I remember the discount being much better.

It was for a week at WDW with premium tickets for 7 of us. My 13yr would be doing a class with my dh.

I'm pretty sure it's about $150 off the student ticket (depending on whether they're over or under 10 it's a bit more savings). (We got 6 day PHs this time.)

The rest of the tickets are not really discounted for the non-participants. Maybe a few dollars different from regular tickets.

We saved about $450 since all three of my kids are taking classes (two are over 10). The last time we did YES all five of us got the discount. I believe it was about $750. They cut back on the discount recently.

The biggest savings is for children between 10 and 17. For regular tickets, those are "adult" pricing, but with the YES program, you pay a "youth" rate. On three tickets, I remember saving a small amount of money, but I was comparing normal base tickets to the premium YES tickets.

Does anyone have experience ordering YES tickets less than 60 days in advance? If so, how long did it take to get your ticket information after submitting the request? We just booked a rather last-minute trip for the Girls Unite (Girl Scout) event because that's the only time the class my daughter wants to take is being offered to individuals (she is a scout, so we're not cheating - nothing says you have to be going with your troop!) and I'm wondering how long it will take to get the info to make my FP+ reservations.

When you purchase the tickets, there is a link that asks if you need the ticket numbers for fast passes. Email them and tell them you need them immediately, the should email the numbers to you. If not, just call them. They are great to work with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter